Trade up or trade back in this year’s draft?

Tipster19

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

100% back for me. The only position the Bills need to justify a trade up is a DE or pass rusher. I just don’t see the value there. 
Moving back would be great. Immediate impact players at RT, LB, CB, and RB all can be found in the top 100 picks. 

A lot depends on who we get in FA. We could wind up with our DE/pass rusher there 🤞

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/23/2021 at 12:31 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

As much as I'd kill to trade up and go after Pitts, it would be foolish and way too costly. Because of the pandemic this whole season was upside down. Most college players have less tape to go off of. Draft picks this season will be much riskier. And the lower cap puts us in a weaker position to sign the players we desperately need like "in the trenches". The correct strategy for Beane I feel is to trade back and get that extra 2nd round pick and maybe a 4th? Obviously there's so many players you'd like to snag. Najee Harris, Boogie Basham, a killer 1tech or a run blocking guard. Maybe a LB to replace Milano? We'll need to walk away from all the players Ethan mentioned and maybe a few more. It's all about beating KC from here on out. And a pass rusher should be #1 priority. 

I can align with your general strategy, but I think what you expect in return is a bit optimistic.  Are you saying pick 30 for a mid/high 2nd and equivalent 4th?  If so, that might be possible.

2 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Corner is always a wild card. Our roster has a 1st rounder (Tre), a 4th (Johnson), and two UDFAs (Wallace and Cam Lewis). I feel better going with a later round CB, while targeting a OT and LB with 1 and 2. We're mostly in a position to take best available. 

Except the OL was not good enough last season (especially run blocking) and they are likely to be looking for a starting RT and backup swing tackle in the draft.