Current TBD Whipping Boy?

sullim4

Who is the 2021 TBD Offseason whipping boy?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice?

• Tremaine Edmunds
    • Dawson Knox
    • AJ Klein
    • Ed Oliver
    • Devin Singletary
    • John Brown
    • Other

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Quittin' Spain was all on him.  He got a new contract, came into camp out of shape, Bills tried him for 2 games as starter and he was ineffective, he was made a backup for 2 games and not much more effective and then is healthy when he goes on plane to Tennessee but has foot issues when he gets off and does not play another down.  

At least he made an effort.  Quittin' Spain had a large contract and made little effort.

I hope he stewed at home being out of playoffs.

Spain did get to big for his britches and screwed the team, that is a given. 

That does not make what I said less true. We miss what he used to supply to the O line, and that needs to be replicated, the sooner the better. Pretty simple really. 

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I know many fans will defend Motor and say it's the OL's fault but I don't buy it. There were holes for him to attack. There were passes for him to catch. And there were blitzes for him to pu. Sorry, he's to slow and frankly has stone hands. Edmunds gets honorable mention. If better instincts don't kick in soon he'll be joining Milano. I'm not going to even mention Knox because the Bills have never taken the TE position seriously in the last 30 years.

Slight disagreement, since they did give Charles Clay #1 TE money just 5 or so years ago. Too bad the move flopped with his injuries. But other than that, it's been all journeymen since Reimersma.

33 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Slight disagreement, since they did give Charles Clay #1 TE money just 5 or so years ago. Too bad the move flopped with his injuries. But other than that, it's been all journeymen since Reimersma.

I was never that fond of Riemersma. He was a slow, poor blocking, possession receiver with bad hands. Once in a while he would make a play. That was about it imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

This must be stopped, at all costs.

Lemon pepper wings should not be a phrase, either.

Despite many historians trying to say that eating chicken wings originated in Buffalo it is not true.  Chicken wings and every other part of chicken including feet were eaten by Chinese for many decades before Buffalo Wings were invented.  My mother-in-law made a trip from Hong Kong once and we travelled to Buffalo where my wife's family met mine.  One of the meals we ordered were from Pizza and Wings place in Blasdell to bring back to hotel.  My wife told her that they were Buffalo style wings and she ate them fine (no blue cheese).  She told my wife she had been eating chicken wings since she was a little girl and she was 95 when she died in late 2019.  Chicken wings used to be street food in Hong Kong long before it was a dish in Buffalo.

There are many excellent chicken wings dishes. 

• I have had Coca-Cola wings from restaurants there which use Coca-Cola as basis for sauce and that has been going on for at least 60 years.  It was started when Coca-Cola  was introduced there after WWII and from there to China. These days they use Mexican Coca-Cola since it has sugar not corn sweetener.   
  • I have had chicken wings stuffed with birds nest and deep fried.  Very good.
  • I have had Pupu chicken wings in Hawaii. Also very good.

Let each eat chicken wings as they wish but no dipping in ranch dressing or mayonnaise. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Quittin' Spain was all on him.  He got a new contract, came into camp out of shape, Bills tried him for 2 games as starter and he was ineffective, he was made a backup for 2 games and not much more effective and then is healthy when he goes on plane to Tennessee but has foot issues when he gets off and does not play another down.  

This is a myth...

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/mountaineers-in-the-pros/spain-wins-iron-bills-award

Spain credited his offseason accomplishment with the fact he lost 20-pounds, dropping from 351-lbs to 331-lbs, transferring fat to muscle. Also, crediting his diet and his makeshift workout area in his garage at his home in West Virginia.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, players were divided up by position groups where in previous seasons, they were drafted. The offensive line won the Iron Bills Games and Spain was also recognized as a good teammate.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Quite familiar with word.  My favorite series is Robert Asprin's Myth Series which uses a pun in title.   Disagree based on what was seen on field.

It would help but reason why he was let go has been buried deeper than Jimmy Hoffa (whose skeletal remains were found in Win Dixie site).

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Despite many historians trying to say that eating chicken wings originated in Buffalo it is not true.  Chicken wings and every other part of chicken including feet were eaten by Chinese for many decades before Buffalo Wings were invented.  My mother-in-law made a trip from Hong Kong once and we travelled to Buffalo where my wife's family met mine.  One of the meals we ordered were from Pizza and Wings place in Blasdell to bring back to hotel.  My wife told her that they were Buffalo style wings and she ate them fine (no blue cheese).  She told my wife she had been eating chicken wings since she was a little girl and she was 95 when she died in late 2019.  Chicken wings used to be street food in Hong Kong long before it was a dish in Buffalo.

There are many excellent chicken wings dishes. 

• I have had Coca-Cola wings from restaurants there which use Coca-Cola as basis for sauce and that has been going on for at least 60 years.  It was started when Coca-Cola  was introduced there after WWII and from there to China. These days they use Mexican Coca-Cola since it has sugar not corn sweetener.   
  • I have had chicken wings stuffed with birds nest and deep fried.  Very good.
  • I have had Pupu chicken wings in Hawaii. Also very good.

Let each eat chicken wings as they wish but no dipping in ranch dressing or mayonnaise. 

1) People have been eating chicken wings since they first caught a chicken.

2) Your MIL might have been old enough to have been alive at times when you could buy human meat at stores in China...........so yeah they probably fried chicken before the colonel too.  

17 hours ago, Limeaid said:

At least he made an effort.  Quittin' Spain had a large contract and made little effort.

I hope he stewed at home being out of playoffs.

He had over 4m reasons not to care.

He wanted to start and didn't win a job...at least he didn't turn into a disruption.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, Victory Formation said:

This is true, but Knox gets open. That’s the most frustrating thing about it. He gets open and then drops the ball. If his hands were better he’d be great (IMO).

He also attacks the ball and looks like he could make a great contested catch, then those hands fail him

37 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

He also attacks the ball and looks like he could make a great contested catch, then those hands fail him

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I think Edmunds can be a very good player for us but the role he has been playing in is clearly not working. Most fans see it, but I think that the coaches can’t admit that they were wrong. Same goes for Ford. Highly drafted player that is underperforming that we won’t bench or move on from because of his draft status. This lack of honesty hurts the team in the long run.

To me a “whipping boy” implies that someone gets the blame for something that isn’t their fault.  

Almost all of the players on the poll have had moments where they didn’t play well.  I think the criticism they receive is definitely warranted.  

I’m sorry but the answer can’t be Edmunds, because while he has been injured, he also has looked really bad this season.   At times, he was a weakness on the defense.  

I would have to go with Ed Oliver only because he’s played out of position and because he still grades highly.