Current TBD Whipping Boy?

sullim4

Who is the 2021 TBD Offseason whipping boy?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice?

• Tremaine Edmunds
    • Dawson Knox
    • AJ Klein
    • Ed Oliver
    • Devin Singletary
    • John Brown
    • Other

There was a thread started on this at the beginning of the season, and I thought it might be interesting to rekindle this discussion given all the talk about cap casualties... who's receiving the most criticism this offseason from fans here, either deservedly so or not?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going with Edmunds... it's a hard call between him, Knox, and Singletary.  I think most are unhappy with the DL but with Murphy barely playing and Star opting out, our two usual whipping boys aren't receiving as much attention.

• Like (+1) 1

I would have to say Mitch Morse.  I think he's an outstanding pass-protecting center (the most important thing for our offense) and good in the run game if used correctly eg to pull, not as a power bruiser.

Yet everyone seems to want him to be cut (at the expense of a big dead cap hit and not very large savings) and replaced by a popular guard who is a competent center, but neither as good in pass protection as Mitch, and was not as good in the run or pass game as some seem to believe.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would have to say Mitch Morse.  I think he's an outstanding pass-protecting center (the most important thing for our offense) and good in the run game if used correctly eg to pull, not as a power bruiser.

Yet everyone seems to want him to be cut (at the expense of a big dead cap hit and not very large savings) and replaced by a popular guard who is a competent center, but neither as good in pass protection as Mitch, and was not as good in the run or pass game as some seem to believe.

I understand the desire to beef up the OL, but we may be a year out from that. It needs to happen, but our front seven needs the love more.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with this.  I don't think Feliciano is as good as Morse, and the dead cap hit of $5.5M just doesn't make sense.  If you cut Morse, do it in 2022 when the cap hit is in excess of $11M and the dead cap is only $2.75M

Singletarys drop ended our season imo.  He gets my vote

Cody Ford is a close 2nd even though he missed 2/3 of the season.  I don’t want to see him start for us ever again, but I’m sure he’ll start week 1

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

For me it’s Edmunds.

I would say Singletary, but I’ve pretty much given up on him being a productive lead back and the expectations are just super low for me.

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Cody Ford shouldn’t be the whipping boy in 2021. He shouldn’t make the team.

There’s 0 to very minimal chance the bills cut Ford.

He was just the 38th pick in 2019 and with the cap going down, he’s relatively cheap and has yet to hit his ceiling.

Not arguing he hasn’t been disappointing, but I just can’t see a scenario where he doesn’t make the team.

• Agree 1

As of late Singletary is getting crapped on a lot, 😁

it may just be me but I find the whipping boy threads kinda funny, it’s the hot take “logic” that gets me chuckling.

Go Bills!!!

26 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Not arguing he hasn’t been disappointing, but I just can’t see a scenario where he doesn’t make the team.

I was reading Chan as meaning he shouldn't make the starting lineup rather than he should be cut but maybe I read it wrong. Agree there is no way he is cut. He is a cheap, versatile backup if nothing else. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

None...it’s clearly and deservingly the most unathletic DE in the history of modern professional football...your very own $10M per year and frequently healthy scratched Trent Murphy.  

I thought he played well against the Ravens and hoped he was going to play against KC. But yeah, he's definitely in consideration.

• Like (+1) 1