What makes this song great? Ep. 63 Rush - Limelight

Fixxxer

Thanks for posting this.  I hadn't run into this guy but I will probably end up watching most/all of his videos!

I'm a guitar player and love Rush and Alex Lifeson's guitar playing.  I think he's really underrated as one of the better all time guitarists.  He does a lot of weird stuff that is very typical for him--but not for other guitarists.

I think that contributes a lot to that distinctive Rush sound. 

lol lot of the old heads are gonna hate this dude as he also features Linkin Park, Coldplay, Green Day etc in this series when no good music was made after 1983 am I right? 😂

Beato has good content but gets a little weird about the copyright stuff and is annoyingly self-promoting at times.

5 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

lol lot of the old heads are gonna hate this dude as he also features Linkin Park, Coldplay, Green Day etc in this series when no good music was made after 1983 am I right? 😂

No.

Great music is always being made.

You didn't say Nickleback.  Does Beato do any Nickleback?  😆

Beato always comes up when I'm rehearsing songs on bass. The song I'm playing ends, and always a Beato video is next to play. Has to be paying a ton for that to happen. 

I had seen this before. I had always assumed that Limelight was in 7/4. Quite surprised that it alternates between 4/4 and 3/4. 

Check out his top 20 lists. That really shows off how good Beato is at multiple instruments. 

On 2/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

#3. "Kid Charlemagne" is great.  "20 years ahead of it's time":

Frickin' Awesome!!   Love that he used the isolated tracks.   Went searching and found them here:

https://m.soundcloud.com/ben-kreusser/sets/steely-dan-kid-charlemagne-stems

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.