NJ Governor allow Jest, Jiants, other teams in state to have limited fans

Punching Bag

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30946019/new-jersey-allow-new-york-giants-new-york-jets-new-jersey-devils-other-teams-limited-fans

We already know their fans were limited with many taking this opportunity to change jerseys but nice of governor to confirm this.

The governor announced during an interview Monday on WFAN that sports venues with a capacity over 5,000 can allow a small percentage of fans to attend events.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wont matter for Football. At our current vax rate, we should be out of the woods by September and have full fan attendance.

Good for Devils fans I guess. Get to see Lindy Ruff in person.

I hope once the general population has access to vaccinations hopefully by May (or at worst June/July) that enough of the US population actually takes the vaccine to prevent run away variants and actually achieve herd immunity. Not looking to make this political but it would be great to go see a Bills game or any game in person this year and we need a population willing to take the vaccine to accomplish that!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Do the Jets have 12,000 fans ?

Cardboard fans don't count....

Reports from Jacksonville say tarps absolutely count!

Sadly, the tarps are rather large, so they still don’t get close to 12,000. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t want to go down the Covid path other than I trust we’ll figure it out as well as the nfl.

Cant wait to see a somewhat full stadium in orchard park in the fall.

I love the home openers, and my wife is determined to take our son and DIL next season (though she’s never herself been to a Bills home game).  She’s rather strong willed, so I think she can just will this to happen! 

I’ll be at the Nashville game too if things clear up. Here’s hoping for a better season coming up!  

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wont matter for Football. At our current vax rate, we should be out of the woods by September and have full fan attendance.

It also won't matter for football because limited attendance won't be a problem for those two teams.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It also won't matter for football because limited attendance won't be a problem for those two teams.

I’d like to see the bidding if they were REQUIRED to have 12,000 fans! Jacksonville would have to provide first class airfare and limo services for out of state takers. 

• Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I went to a Bills @ Jets game on 12/23/89 that probably set the record at Giants Stadium for the lowest non-strike NFL game.  It was a frigid cold day & only 21,148 attended. 

41 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I went to a Bills @ Jets game on 12/23/89 that probably set the record at Giants Stadium for the lowest non-strike NFL game.  It was a frigid cold day & only 21,148 attended. 

Just think, without YOU it would have been only  21,147 and THAT would have been a terrible embarrassment!  Thank you for toughing that one out and avoiding the tragedy! :)

As a kid the preparation for the frigid games was a challenge almost as important as the game. The layers of clothes, the newspaper in our boots, the steaming hot bullion in the thermos in the early days. WOW! I’m too old for that $%#^ now! 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good for Devils fans I guess. Get to see Lindy Ruff in person.

That's a highly optimistic and highly unlikely scenario.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How? Cases and hospitalizations continue to plummet. We are giving out about 1.5 million first doses a day of the vaccine. By summer the vaccine should be available to anyone who wants it as far as adults. Add in the herd immunity and people already infected, there is no reason to see that not being the case.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Sadly most of the 1970's and definitely 1984-85 that type of attendance was the norm in Buffalo. Even though I am a Bills fan I am also a Jets season ticket holder. MetLife with the PSL's drove many of the Jets-Giants season ticket holders away. When it was Giants Stadium both had 78,000 season ticket holders. The Giants had a season ticket waiting list of around 100,000 with the Jets having one at about 20,000. Even the worst attended games were still sold out. I don't remember a Jets or Giants home game being blacked out to the local area. 

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's actually a pretty realistic take. We're up over 1.5M a day and ramping towards 3M a day in a month or two. And we (the country and the world) are already starting to the benefits of even these early vaccinations with the infection rate declining to levels it hasnt been since the start of this mess.

It's almost all good news nowdays.

J&J says it will have 20M US doses ready by March.

Pfizer says it will ship 13M US doses by mid-March.

US on track to have vaccines for all by July

US COVID hospitalizations at lowest since November (and dropping)

Rhode Island closes two field hospitals due to declining numbers

Maryland COVID hospitalizations falls below 1000

West Virginia (of all places) among highest Vaccination rates in the WORLD

See you at the tailgate!

Edited by DrDawkinstein

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's actually a pretty realistic take. We're up over 1.5M a day and ramping towards 3M a day in a month or two. And we (the country and the world) are already starting to the benefits of even these early vaccinations with the infection rate declining to levels it hasnt been since the start of this mess.

It's almost all good news nowdays.

J&J says it will have 20M US doses ready by March.

Pfizer says it will ship 13M US doses by mid-March.

US on track to have vaccines for all by July

US COVID hospitalizations at lowest since November (and dropping)

Rhode Island closes two field hospitals due to declining numbers

Maryland COVID hospitalizations falls below 1000

West Virginia (of all places) among highest Vaccination rates in the WORLD

See you at the tailgate!

I wonder if they will allow tailgating? Hope so but having thousands in the parking lot before the game drinking while not wearing masks or social distancing could be an issue. I hope everything can go back to normal as I really missed going to the games and tailgating this past season.