Ken Johnson/Pinto Ron Surgery

Mark Vader

#PintoRon Update. Talked with Kenny Saturday. All is good. He sounded like Kenny of old. He is bunkered down at his homestead. Obviously he has to take it easy & slowly build up his strength.Turns out a lot of his medical team has been to his tailgate! @pintotailgate 👍❤️🍔🌭🛥

This is a tweet from Hammer's Lot 

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 2/27/2021 at 6:01 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Amazing!! anyone else think Ken made them wait for the offseason before going for surgery? lol

I remember him telling me one time he told his kids " Don't even think about getting married between September and January, since I won't be able to make any of those dates"

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Guffalo said:

I remember him telling me one time he told his kids " Don't even think about getting married between September and January, since I won't be able to make any of those dates"

I can beat that.  When the Bills were Super Bowl contenders I used to tell my father that he better not die on a week I have Super Bowl tickets or I won't go to his funeral.  He lived over a decade past the Bills glory years and died on a January Sunday in 2008 at age 87 during the Bills playoff drought and I was able to attend his funeral. 

20 hours ago, Guffalo said:

The only alternative for them would be to get married during the bye week. :)

On 2/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Speaking of tailgate lots, i forgot to mention that a few days before the Bills-Chiefs playoff game the sports section of the New York Times quoted Eric Matwijow, aka the Hammer of Hammer's Lot.  Story talked a lot about the Bills mafia but i was disappointed not a mention of all the charitable giving that has happened...just mostly  about drinking table smashing etc.

Roy, sorry you were disappointed in The NY Times story. I've done a lot of interviews. You get asked many questions. While some interviewers will tell what angle/topic they are looking for most don't. You never know what the final story will look like. Obviously the interviewer was not interested in the recent charity donations craz which is nothing new. WNYers have a long history of being one of the most generous communtues in the nation. Hopefully Hallie Grossmans ESPN article was more to your liking. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 2/27/2021 at 6:48 PM, Limeaid said:

I do not drink coffee. I like the smell of it and used to grind it multiple times at work but not like taste even with sugar, milk, Baileys Irish cream or Jack Daniels.

Coffee is the lifeblood of Champions!  Little kids in Mexico drink coffee!   

-Poet Laureate Mike Ditka 

On 2/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, CowgirlsFan said:

#PintoRon Update. Talked with Kenny Saturday. All is good. He sounded like Kenny of old. He is bunkered down at his homestead. Obviously he has to take it easy & slowly build up his strength.Turns out a lot of his medical team has been to his tailgate! @pintotailgate 👍❤️🍔🌭🛥

This is a tweet from Hammer's Lot 

Thanks for the update. I wish I could give more details but then Kenny would have nothing to talk about at the Season Opener!

2 hours ago, Hammers Lot said:

Roy, sorry you were disappointed in The NY Times story. I've done a lot of interviews. You get asked many questions. While some interviewers will tell what angle/topic they are looking for most don't. You never know what the final story will look like. Obviously the interviewer was not interested in the recent charity donations craz which is nothing new. WNYers have a long history of being one of the most generous communtues in the nation. Hopefully Hallie Grossmans ESPN article was more to your liking. Go Bills

I was not "disappointed" with the article, first and foremost i was impressed Hammers Lot got in the NYT. That is why I posted to begin with.  If was, if anything, disappointed in the, to me obvious agenda the author took.

Your quotes were very, I hate to say it, politically correct, well measured, thoughtful with a tinge of humor.  I actually thought well done.

Another lesson to me is you can not trust the "press" any more, they have an agenda they will run with it.

Did you read it?  What were your thoughts?  When i used to be quoted by the media it was a different era, it wasnt all agenda or computer click driven.