Bills have 6 players that hit Proven Performance Escalators(PPE) in their contracts

Big Turk

Level 1 players:

Taron Johnson

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

Tyler Bass

Level 2 players:

Gabriel Davis

No level 3 players.

This basically rewards players drafted in the 3rd round or below for performance above expectations and allows them to earn contract escalators to increase their base salaries during their rookie contracts.

Full list of players with detailed explanation of how it works is here:

https://overthecap.com/proven-performance-escalator/

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Level One PPE is earned if a player participates in a certain percentage of a team's offensive or defensive snaps in two of his first three seasons, or averages that percentage of offensive or defensive snaps over his entire first three years. 

I assume PK are offense since they produce points and P are defense since they are kicking usually on 4th down. Very hard for a ST player to get bonus.

image.thumb.png.be3bb0c9a4af34a56ee6b919c03a8236.png

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s actually rather funny that we find our two running backs and our tight end on the list. All three are routinely cited as needing to be politely shown to the bench. 

Yup, just shows how little we the fans understand about how things actually work in pro football, makes me chuckle thinking about certain posts and threads... but that’s just me I guess...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, just shows how little we the fans understand about how things actually work in pro football, makes me chuckle thinking about certain posts and threads... but that’s just me I guess...

It looks like the escalators are strictly based on playing time.  Should more accurately be called ‘Playing Time Escalators’ instead of ‘Proven Performance Escalators’ 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

It looks like the escalators are strictly based on playing time.  Should more accurately be called ‘Playing Time Escalators’ instead of ‘Proven Performance Escalators’ 

But they aren’t... 😁

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s actually rather funny that we find our two running backs and our tight end on the list. All three are routinely cited as needing to be politely shown to the bench. 

That really did surprise me i would have thought with the year he had Gabe Davis would have been ahead of all 3 of them but who knew ?? 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

You know what's crazy about our running backs? Every single one of them, Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, and Williams averaged over 4 yards per carry. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Based on playing time so regardless of their productivity when they play it still counts the same.

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Did you read it? It’s based on playing time. Not actual results.😅

Hmm, playing time... let me see now... 🤔, playing time is a direct result of what?..., hmm, ah, yes, results... 

So by your reckoning it then appears those lowly good for nuthin bench/ cut worthy players showed no results to those who decide who gets playing time..., yah that’s it, that’s how it works in the NFL.

“Results” of all kinds, do not take shape in a vacuum. 

Go Bills!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Level 1 players:

Taron Johnson

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

Tyler Bass

Level 2 players:

Gabriel Davis

No level 3 players.

This basically rewards players drafted in the 3rd round or below for performance above expectations and allows them to earn contract escalators to increase their base salaries during their rookie contracts.

Full list of players with detailed explanation of how it works is here:

https://overthecap.com/proven-performance-escalator/

Just a little clarifying note that this applies to a player's 4th year, based on their performance during the previous 3 seasons.

So Taron Johnson will see his salary bump up next season (his 4th) for sure.

The other 5 players are just on track so far.  For example, Dawson Knox is currently averaging 52.4% of the offensive snaps, but that's based on 60% his rookie season and 44.8% this past season.  If his snaps fall again in 2021, NopeNope.

PS in the link provided, it just says "not drafted in the first round", so apparently a 2nd round guy would qualify

40 minutes ago, T master said:

That really did surprise me i would have thought with the year he had Gabe Davis would have been ahead of all 3 of them but who knew ?? 

He is ahead of them. 

Level 1 is the lowest level, level 3 is the highest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a little clarifying note that this applies to a player's 4th year, based on their performance during the previous 3 seasons.

So Taron Johnson will see his salary bump up next season (his 4th) for sure.

The other 5 players are just on track so far.  For example, Dawson Knox is currently averaging 52.4% of the offensive snaps, but that's based on 60% his rookie season and 44.8% this past season.  If his snaps fall again in 2021, NopeNope.

PS in the link provided, it just says "not drafted in the first round", so apparently a 2nd round guy would qualify

He is ahead of them. 

Level 1 is the lowest level, level 3 is the highest.

Oh got you i thought level 1 was the highest .

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My point is just because these guys played a lot doesn’t mean they are any good. 

Singletary and Moss are solid running backs who do nothing spectacular and lack top end speed which was a strong reason for the running games issues this season. They are good secondary options, they aren’t premier backs, IMO. 

Ive been arguing that Yeldon is the best back on the team and whenever he got opportunities he played just as good and better than Moss/Singletary. 

And Knox? That guy is as inconsistent as they come. His competition was Tyler Kroft. 😅No ***** he got a lot of playing time. 

Do you find it strange fans and media alike are suggesting we need upgrades at both these positions despite these players hitting their PPE’s?

Not surprised that talking heads or fans say anything they say, in which they/we are usually wrong, they almost always address everything as if it existed in a vacuum, which makes folk come off as silly and shallow in thought, we all fall prey to this way of thinking from time to time, some more so than others. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Hmm, playing time... let me see now... 🤔, playing time is a direct result of what?..., hmm, ah, yes, results... 

So by your reckoning it then appears those lowly good for nuthin bench/ cut worthy players showed no results to those who decide who gets playing time..., yah that’s it, that’s how it works in the NFL.

“Results” of all kinds, do not take shape in a vacuum. 

Go Bills!!! 

Um yes and no. When there are no other running backs on the roster (Yeldon for whatever reason was in McD doghouse) Singletary and Moss will get playing time. So its a function of performance and lack of competition at the positon. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Um yes and no. When there are no other running backs on the roster (Yeldon for whatever reason was in McD doghouse) Singletary and Moss will get playing time. So its a function of performance and lack of competition at the positon. 

By those who make the decisions it is only yes.

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Where offensively did the Bills struggle this year?

O line run blocking, all season long, as pointed out by Mr. Beane at the end of the season PC. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You know what's crazy about our running backs? Every single one of them, Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, and Williams averaged over 4 yards per carry. 

When you have Josh slinging the rock all over the field, it's hard to stack the box on him, especially when you only get five carries a game

Our running back should be popping five yards per carry . There's nothing impressive about them going 4.0 on 6 man boxes

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When you have Josh slinging the rock all over the field, it's hard to stack the box on him, especially when you only get five carries a game

Our running back should be popping five yards per carry . There's nothing impressive about them going 4.0 on 6 man boxes

It does show consistency 😁

• Haha (+1) 1