Gabriel Davis on this year's Superbowl: couldn't watch it, wants to be in it

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I like G Davis, doesn't mean I like everything he does.

Don't be applauding Davis for saying he didn't watch the pinnacle game in his profession.  You sound like a groveling idiot, in full spin mode, who can't admit a mistake.  Instead, how about we say Davis is a rookie who made a mistake.

You’re a silly one, and shallow of thought to boot...,  being a whiny fan is not a thing to aspire to... 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I like G Davis, doesn't mean I like everything he does.

Don't be applauding Davis for saying he didn't watch the pinnacle game in his profession.  You sound like a groveling idiot, in full spin mode, who can't admit a mistake.  Instead, how about we say Davis is a rookie who made a mistake.

Why is it so important to you that he watch the Super Bowl? Also, it seems that a lot of professionals do not watch the Super Bowl. Plus, I mean really, should he have locked himself in a room by himself to watch the game and take notes?  Because if he said he "watched it" but was with a bigger group (a party) do you think he is really super focused on the game?

If their is something important that must be watched from the Super Bowl, he'll have access to it. In a better format then watching the Super Bowl live. It would be in a package with highlights/plays from different angles, put together by a staffer on the Bills, that directly relates to something he may need to learn/know. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

He had a very impressive rookie year. You could tell though the difference towards last and into the playoffs that his injury played a pretty good impact on him. Just didn't look quite right and his play took a dip.

But he is tough and did what he could to try and play through it. I have a feeling next season he will be a dangerous WR, especially long as he can stay healthy. Excited to see him again.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 2

Aside from the ridiculous discussion about why a REAL MAN would watch the Super Bowl or not, the real interesting thing here is the emergence of a link from the current Bills team to the illustrious career of Lonnie Johnson. 

Lonnie was such a fun guy to watch. Great athlete with zero football sense whatsoever. 

For those not old enough to have seen him play, think Dawson Knox with worse hands and a propensity for highlight real mistakes. 

Oh man, good times. 

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It's unfortunate to hear that he didn't view the Superbowl.  Makes him look like an immature idiot.  It's painful so he's not going to do it - grow up.

It's the pinnacle game of his profession.  He shouldn't need to be told to watch and learn at every opportunity.   He's young, lets hope this is the last time he says something so stupid.

How old are you? You are still saying stupid stuff.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

It's why cutting yourself is a habit commonly associated with bodybuilders and oil rig workers.

I find that biting my fingernails too short can give a good two weeks of discomfort as they regrow. 😁

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Coach Johnson's first rule for all his players:

"Always keep your head up!"

Whoops!!  Wait, wait...maybe it was "Always keep your head screwed on!" 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Aside from the ridiculous discussion about why a REAL MAN would watch the Super Bowl or not, the real interesting thing here is the emergence of a link from the current Bills team to the illustrious career of Lonnie Johnson. 

Lonnie was such a fun guy to watch. Great athlete with zero football sense whatsoever. 

For those not old enough to have seen him play, think Dawson Knox with worse hands and a propensity for highlight real mistakes. 

Oh man, good times. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It's unfortunate to hear that he didn't view the Superbowl.  Makes him look like an immature idiot.  It's painful so he's not going to do it - grow up.

It's the pinnacle game of his profession.  He shouldn't need to be told to watch and learn at every opportunity.   He's young, lets hope this is the last time he says something so stupid.

you watch your exs sleep with their new dudes?

• Haha (+1) 4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2014/1/20/5327482/tom-brady-patriots-super-bowl

But it’s ok for the GOAT to not watch it because it hurts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

pot meet k.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

6 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Just like that dummy Tom Brady who didn't watch the Broncos in the Superbowl...  another one of those rookies who is young and needs to learn.  He was only 36 when he said it!

" I don’t have much of a rooting interest, truthfully. Those games are hard to watch. I don’t see myself sitting down to enjoy a football game or watch it. Our season is over. Truthfully, I could care less about watching a game. That’s pretty much how I feel."

I'll never forget when he first got drafted in one of his 1st interviews he said regarding the Bills WR's and I am paraphrasing. 'I respect those guys but I'm trying to take somebody job.'

At 1st glance I was like dude cocky as well but real quick afterward I said to myself that was the exact mentality you need to make it in the league. Iron sharpens Iron. 

Edited by Protocal69

7 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think we can add Einstein to the Plato, Socrates, Aristotle to the list.

In the indomitable words of bugs bunny, “what a maroon”, but that’s what you were going for to tick people off.  Be more creative.

Lastly, HE’s 21!  What’s you’re excuse for saying something so m....c?

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

From a marketing perspective.  Better to go the Diggs route of forcing himself to watch it, than the Davis route of cowering with the "I couldn't watch it" quote.  Davis is a rookie, live and learn.

Seems like you are a pain self-inflicting poster, and keep coming at it! 🙃

6 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would have to say that Lonnie was even worse than Robert Royal who dropped almost everything he touched. After Pete Metzalaars, the Bills were consistently weak at the TE position.

I will never forget when we were having a pregame beer at RWS.  We were talking about the Bills and I mentioned that as bad as he was, Royal seemed to be good at getting open.  You replied that he was in fact not good at getting open, and that his hands were just so bad that other teams stopped covering him. To be perfectly honest, I didn't believe you and thought it impossible for an NFL TE to not be covered. 

Yeah well then I went up to my seats. They were up high around the 40 where I could see virtually everything, and sure enough; Royal was runniung patterns all by himself lol. My crew were cracking up saying, "Badol was right!"  Not only that, he seemed fast but it looked like his arms and legs were not in synch, and just flopping around. 

To this day I can't believe what I saw. This was an NFL player who we signed as a free agent. I think that he even played at LSU!!! Have you ever seen any other revceiver that defenses didn't even bother to cover?

• Haha (+1) 3