My prediction for this next year

I dont make a lot of predictions......but I do have one or two a year

Last year my prediction was that Diggs would be a bill AND he would be great for us (yes I got a little lucky here)

This year

If Cody Ford does not get traded for whatever reason I predict he is going to settle in at OG and be a solid player for us.

Yes he looked befow average as a RT but the knock on him was always that he would be a better OG then a OT coming into the league.

He is a very good run blocker

I think it is going to be at LG and he and Dawkins are gonna make us happy we stuck with Ford there

Lets see.......

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I like it. Sign Williams. Cut Morse move Feliciano to C for a year, draft a true center, and let Ike or a free agent fight for the RG spot. 

Yeah I think Mongo is gone unless he takes a extremely team friendly deal because they want to sign Williams

I think Morse contract gets re worked.......and they start using him as a pulling center the way he was meant to be

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

Cody Ford was my pick last season of not making out of camp.

This year, after everything we have seen so far....

That hasn’t changed! This dude sucks and will get jettisoned for a bag of peanuts.

There was no camp......which factors into this as well.  He had to make a position switch and didnt get a pre season to settle into the position.

Much the same was as Moss could end up being a stud but do to no camp and getting hurt could be a gem

Beane said they thought a big reason Boettger made strides this year was they told him during the offseason to not worry about playing center and just focus on being a guard. I bet an offseason of working at LG instead of RT/RG could help Ford make even bigger strides.

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Cody Ford was my pick last season of not making out of camp.

This year, after everything we have seen so far....

That hasn’t changed! This dude sucks and will get jettisoned for a bag of peanuts.

We're a pass first team and he was our best pass blocking guard last year. Sorry to break it you but he's gonna be a starter next year.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Last year my prediction was that Diggs would be a bill AND he would be great for us (yes I got a little lucky here)

This year

If Cody Ford does not get traded for whatever reason I predict he is going to settle in at OG and be a solid player for us.

Yes he looked befow average as a RT but the knock on him was always that he would be a better OG then a OT coming into the league.

I think it is going to be at LG and he and Dawkins are gonna make us happy we stuck with Ford there

Lets see.......

I think with the cap situation  this is dead on. IF we had more cap space, Ford would have stiff competition. But I am for dropping Morse and picking up a second round C.. Play him at G first year to learn (many players have done this) 

OR they just go right out and draft a guard round 2 and get a Center Vet the following year.  I like how your thinking.

59 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There was no camp......which factors into this as well.  He had to make a position switch and didnt get a pre season to settle into the position.

Much the same was as Moss could end up being a stud but do to no camp and getting hurt could be a gem

And last year in camp they kept moving him back and forth between tackle and guard too when Mongo was also hurt.  That also didn't help much.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but off the top of my head can't think of anyone else who's been jerked around as much as he has WRT positions and lets do it when he's a rookie.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This year

Lets see.......

My prediction is that you will move before week 11.

Love ya, John!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This year

Lets see.......

Barring any unforeseen injuries to our starters this is a good call.  Ford needs confidence & more reps in 1 position. 

Well he played Guard in HS, was rated one of the best going into college, and in college was an excellent Guard.  The mistake was ever placing him at tackle, but they had a need in 19.  The footing and blocking skills is so much different from a Tackle than a Guard.  Some guys can do it, but usually they had varied experiences younger, or placed in a pinch due to an injury from the starter.

John, you might be right.  They will give him at least a year to see what they have in 2021.  If he’s horrible halfway through (I doubt at LG), he might get benched to second string, but I doubt he’s traded.  He’s cheap labor.  It’s likely he helps in our run game.  If Morse is used as a pulling center which is a strength for him, then that leave a nice cut back seam for Moss, Singletary, or whoever they draft.  That would help when we need it.  We are now a passing team (which is weird saying given m decades long watching this team), but having a solid run game when it is needed is a nice addition.  Tampa was not a top running team, but they were effective when they needed it.

Nice take John.  

Edited by machine gun kelly

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I think Mongo is gone unless he takes a extremely team friendly deal because they want to sign Williams

I think Morse contract gets re worked.......and they start using him as a pulling center the way he was meant to be

Didn’t Feliciano already say he sees himself as a Bill? He’s staying. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I don’t think the coaching staff has done Ford any favors either by constantly switching him from T/G

He played mostly RT his first year and LG in his second.

He was getting beat on the edge more than a rented mule ;)

His draft projection was to convert to G in the NFL.

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I like it. Sign Williams. Cut Morse move Feliciano to C for a year, draft a true center, and let Ike or a free agent fight for the RG spot. 

If this is the case, I hope we sign JJ watt and Carl Lawson to give us a pass rush, while adding Najee Harris and Jonnu smith.

I really hope that’s not our OL next year when we play the chiefs 2 times 

• Like (+1) 1