Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

As I recall, the story on Epenesa was that he had limited reps in college, and was not polished at his position, but had natural ability, especially in his upper body, and hands. He had a talent for throwing opponents off balance, and using chop moves, and such to take away an offensive lineman's leverage. Or something like that.

But I think, like Allen, and Edmunds, they saw high potential in a less polished player. Maybe a better way of looking at it is that, in their earlier draft picks, they're placing a higher priority on the ceiling than the floor?

He only started his final year in college but he was a heavy part of the rotation before that. I mean maybe that is what the Bills thought but to me Epenesa was a high floor, relatively average ceiling guy though. I don't put him in that Edmunds, Allen, Oliver category at all. Look at their RAS profiles (Relative Athletic Score) ie. how athletically gifted are they compared to their peers at the position (it's out of 10).

Allen - 9.67

Edmunds - 9.74

Oliver - 9.87

Epenesa - 4.09

Not disagreeing with your premise that they like athletic freak types in the first round, but Epenesa doesn't belong in that conversation. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

I like it except pick #25, I think he'd be there at #33, but I can understand why you made the pick...I also think Buffalo might take weaver in the second opening up pick #30 to Etienne or another play maker the Bills may like...I was looking at a chart earlier that showed the short shuttle and 3-cone #'s of the edge guys and that Buffalo really values those numbers and the top 2 or 3 were Oweh and Weaver with Rousseau way at the bottom...what are your thoughts on Weaver?

I have a 4th on him. I think his best fit is probably as a base end in a 3 man front. As an end in a 4-3 I think he could stop the run and set the edge and scoop a few clean up sacks, but he doesn't have the bend or the hand usage to win consistently against NFL tackles to my eye. 

GB -thanks for the thoughts.  I hope it doesn't happen though, I just don't like the RB round 1.

If it breaks like that I hope the Bills work the Z Ertz trade and move back 7 spots.  Looks like a lot of good players at expensive positions of somewhat need will be there.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SDS said:

if this turns out exactly how you predicted that you will get free membership for a year.

😄 Heck, he should get free membership for life! The odds of all 32 picks and the trade being correct are almost nil.