Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the 5th best corner in the draft, the top 4 will be gone by #30 and corner is the most obvious spot where a rookie could start on this roster.

Who do you like better Campbell or Stokes?  and what do you think about taking a Robert Rochell later too I just feel like someone is gonna get lost in all these safeties and corners and if we are paying attention we can grab em in the 5th(whoever gets lost), maybe a CB/S type guy, I like the duo Richie Grant/James Wiggins both very athletic, Wiggins has some injury concerns but that could make him fall tho.

52 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

Who do you like better Campbell or Stokes?  and what do you think about taking a Robert Rochell later too I just feel like someone is gonna get lost in all these safeties and corners and if we are paying attention we can grab em in the 5th(whoever gets lost), maybe a CB/S type guy, I like the duo Richie Grant/James Wiggins both very athletic, Wiggins has some injury concerns but that could make him fall tho.

Campbell and I don't have it close. I haven't understood the Stokes buzz from the start. I think it is people trying to fill a hole in the corner class after the first few guys. I this his awareness and instincts are below average, he will be a flag machine in the NFL if he grabs as much as in college and I think he takes bad angles as a tackler. He has speed, is physical and has some ball skills but he is a round 3 guy to me eye. 

I like Wiggins a lot. One of my favourite under the radar guys. Him in the 3rd would be a steal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the 5th best corner in the draft, the top 4 will be gone by #30 and corner is the most obvious spot where a rookie could start on this roster.

Some have Campbell ranked quite a bit higher than 5th...

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Some have Campbell ranked quite a bit higher than 5th...

Yea and I can see the reasons for that. Height, weight, length, speed. Scheme versatility.... I think his weakness is the football. He needs to make more plays on the ball. To me the other 4 (depending on how Farley checks out medically) are ahead of him, but I do like Campbell and I think his ceiling is very high. Would not be at all against him at #30. He is the 26th ranked player on my board.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

On today's Locked On Bills podcast, Joe Marino said that based on what he's heard about who the Bills have shown interest in and his own feel for the team, his top 4 most likely picks in no particular order are Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Elijah Moore, Jayson Oweh, and Tyson Campbell. If he had to do a top 6 he would put Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphrey next. I see Owusu-Koramoah as a long shot to make it to 30 and I would be very surprised if we reach for Humphrey in the 1st round, so I think one of those other 4 players will ultimately be the selection.

This is info on who the Bill liked in this class going back to last year - Farley and Tryon

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Campbell and I don't have it close. I haven't understood the Stokes buzz from the start. I think it is people trying to fill a hole in the corner class after the first few guys. I this his awareness and instincts are below average, he will be a flag machine in the NFL if he grabs as much as in college and I think he takes bad angles as a tackler. He has speed, is physical and has some ball skills but he is a round 3 guy to me eye. 

I like Wiggins a lot. One of my favourite under the radar guys. Him in the 3rd would be a steal.

Flag machine, thats exactly what I was thinking about Stokes, relies on his hands too much to make up for out of position feet, I'm a big campbell fan id almost say he is a poor man's greg newsome just doesnt have the same dog in him and lesser ball skills.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea and I can see the reasons for that. Height, weight, length, speed. Scheme versatility.... I think his weakness is the football. He needs to make more plays on the ball. To me the other 4 (depending on how Farley checks out medically) are ahead of him, but I do like Campbell and I think his ceiling is very high. Would not be at all against him at #30. He is the 26th ranked player on my board.

I’m thinking he’s our guy. Farley and Newsome will be gone.  Samuel is too small. Stokes not good enough

On 4/22/2021 at 1:40 AM, GunnerBill said:

I think there are guards in this draft that could supplant either Ford/JF.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:58 AM, John from Riverside said:

I really just feel the corner is going to be the pick up 30 I don’t know how much any of these pass rushers are going to actually help us this year corner is a definite need and this is someone who thinks that Dane Jackson can be a starter

I'd agree, as long as either Farley or Newsome dropped, which I suspect they won't.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

I think there are guards in this draft that could supplant either Ford/JF.

I doubt they would do that this year, not the guys we'd get at #30. But long term, yeah, iOL is a real need and would be a good pick even in the first couple of days.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/22/2021 at 10:05 AM, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Zaven Collins or Milton Williams are any more likely than Javonte Williams tbh. I don't see either as very good scheme fits. 

Collins to me has always fit best as an outside backer in a 3-4 and I think Williams is a 3-4 end who is a bit positionless in a 4 man front. 

Also if Paye is available (which it does in this mock), I see the Bills taking a flyer on Paye.

2 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

We got Tre with pick 27 - realistically, what are the odds of getting an equivalent quality CB at 30 this time?

Picks 25-32, one of the best places to hit on CB going back years. Joe Marino recently did a whole show on it. 

• Like (+1) 4