Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If Paye and Oweh are still on the board at 25 the Bills are trading up, not back.

Nightmares.  Wouldn’t mind Paye, but I don’t feel like he’s a huge difference maker as a pass rusher.  Good, but not special yet.  

if we trade up, I hope it’s for pitts, Waddle, parsons, JOK or any of the corners.  

On 4/17/2021 at 8:14 AM, glazeduck said:

The falcons have all but flat-out admitted they’re trading #4 to the highest bidder. 

Parsons might fall a little bit, absolutely no way he falls that far. Ditto for Najee. 

I can get wanting to have different takes but these are... somethin else. 

Same with Paye...He doesn't last till 26 and if he did Beane will be on the phone

On 4/18/2021 at 2:08 AM, Zerovoltz said:

I thought I had explained the reasoning in my original thread...

1.  I think when pick 30 comes about, the Bills won't have anyone on their board ranked that high.

2.  I don't think drafting RB in the last 2 years means anything since it remains an area of concern.  It seems an upgrade would help alot.

3.  Williams is a 3 down RB...and I stressed his pass blocking.  I wouldn't be suggesting the Bills draft a RB for no reason...I think this player is a substantially better optoin than what you have on your roster now...otherwise, what's the point?

I can make a strong case that the Bills won't draft a RB at 30 or trade back and draft one....It's not hard to argue that they take an edge or a CB...and anyone that would say as much would have a valid point....I think the leauge is an offense leauge..the Bills have a good offense, but one diminsional...I think the right RB kicks it up a notch...that's my reasoning.

So...this is a great learning experience for me.....I had percieve the Bills to be pretty much set at LB...with Milano and Edmunds....am I missing something?

I am 99.9% convinced that Beane will not draft a running back at #30 and if he does it will be Travis Etienne. He said it himself on Tuesday he would only take a back that can do what our two can't and what our two are not - in Brandon's own words - are home run hitters. I'd be stunned if he took a more traditional run between the tackles style back like Najee or Javonte Williams at #30. I think he pretty much told us on Tuesday he won't do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am 99.9% convinced that Beane will not draft a running back at #30 and if he does it will be Travis Etienne. He said it himself on Tuesday he would only take a back that can do what our two can't and what our two are not - in Brandon's own words - are home run hitters. I'd be stunned if he took a more traditional run between the tackles style back like Najee or Javonte Williams at #30. I think he pretty much told us on Tuesday he won't do that.

It's changing in my new one...should be up in a few minutes.

ZEROVOLTZ Mock draft 3.1

Alot of same picks..but quite a few changes.....complete 2 rounds.....still a theme of teams putting off OT until later to get one because they are plentiful.  I have the Bills TRADING UP this time....(can't make everyone happy so I suppose this will be almost as unpopular as the trade down I had last time.)  KC gets O line help....Parsons falls.  Denver and Pittsburg have things fall well.  As does Miami.  And...big changes at QB from the last one.  I can't stand that I still am not sure who the 49ers are taking.

1.  Jaguars.  QB Trevor Lawrence

No explanation really needed here.  The Jags are taking Lawrence and the second they controlled this pick, he was it.  They have sold a ton of season tickets based on the idea this is the pick.  It's a lock.

2.  Jets.  QB  Zach Wilson

The Jets have zeroed in on Wilson...it's been a foregone conclusion for a while now that he is the pick here.

3.  49ers.  QB Trey Lance

This is the most frustrating pick to mock in this whole draft...and here is the first change from my prior mock.  The 49ers paid a big price to come up here....they have Jimmy G for this year....giving them a full season to develop Lance.  The FO and coaching staff has the credibility and time to see this through.  If Lance is who they think he is, then what a pick.....I think in a way, Josh Allen successfully being developed by the Bills, has given some teams the courage to take a very gifted by raw guy and given time and continutiy....something SF has.....then good things can happen.  Lance is now my pick here.  

4.  Falcons.  TE Kyle Pitts

I DO NOT believe the Falcons are in the QB market....and despite alot of hype, I don't think Mac Jones or Trey Lance are the kind of prospects a team moves up to 4 to get.  The Falcons restructured Ryan and he still has alot of good football left...they stil have Julio and Ridley....I just don't see this as a team that is at the point where you tear it down.  Pitts looks like the kind of TE that makes a difference.  It's traditionally kind of high for a TE, but he's the rare freak of nature prospect you can take here.  I thin the Falcons could be persuaded to move off this spot, but I don't think any team will make the offer it would take.

5.  Bengals.  WR Ja'Marr Chase

Many mocks have Penei Sewell here.  That's understandable.  Here is my logic here.  Chase is a major WR prospect.  They need to replace AJ Greens 110 targets.  Chase has a relationship with Burrow.....AND.....this is the kicker....this is one of the deepest OT drafts to come along in a very long time.  There will be some starting caliber OT availbe in round 2.  There is NOT a Chase level WR to be had in round 2....this is a deep WR draft class...but a good many of them are slot types.  The Bengals opt for the weapon and will wait to address O line later.

6.  Dolphins.  WR Jaylen Waddle

The Dolphins would be good with Pitts, Waddle, Chase, or Smith here.  Chase and Pitts are gone...so the pick here is Waddle...the guy with the juice.  He's not big but super fast...dynamic playmaker....the kind of guy who can take a short TUA pass and make soemthing of it.  Tua was 31 out of 31 qualifying QB's in accuracy on intermediate passes....this guy is able to help at what TUA does better...short stuff.

7.  Lions.  QB Justin Fields

I had the Lions going with Sewell in my prior Mock.  Fields seems like a more ready prospect than Lance...and while they have Goff and are paying him handsomely....and the GM who is in Detroit is the guy who drafted Goff in LA.....there is never going to be a better time than now for the new regime in Detroit to draft a QB....now is the honeymoon period for the coach and GM....and you use that capital while you have it.  Fields shouldn't require a ton of bench time before you get him on the field....worst case is he pushes Goff to be better.  

8.  Panthers.  OT Penei Sewell

Many people are thinking this is a spot ideal for a team looking to trade up for a QB.  I think the Panthers do take some phone calls here and give strong consideration to trading out of this spot, but decide to stay and select Sewell...a big need.  

9.  Broncos.  CB Jaycee Horn

There are a good number of national media projecting Denver to trade up or stay at 9 and take a QB.  They are NOT.  Denver brought in a new GM, but retained the current coaching staff, giving them essentially an ultimatum to win now.  The new GM would likely not want to draft a QB at 9, that his win now coaching staff won't want anything to do with.  The current staff isn't exactly ideal for developing a QB even if they were inclined to do so..Vic Fangio is a d minded HC...when he was hired the Broncos, at Fangios urging, signed Joe Flacco...he wanted a vet QB that could run their PA attack....Drew Lock was an afterthought....now in a win now year, Fangio will roll with Lock, and they will draft a win now player.  If Parsons didn't have the red flag charachter issues...I think they might go with him...but CB is a need as they have guys on one year contracts and you can't have enough good CB's as it is.  Between Horn and Surtain....Horn is the better ZONE player...and that is what Fangio runs.

10.  Cowboys  CB Patrick Surtain II

One of the easiest matches to figure here...the Cowboys have a need at CB..they like Surtain...

11.  Giants  EDGE Jaelan Phillips

Dave Gettleman is an old school kind of guy who likes linemen.  The Giants pass rush sucked last year.  Phillips is a guy that can come in and start, and possibly be that missing piece the Giants covet.

12. Eagles.  WR  DeVonta Smith

Similar to the Cowboys....Eagles have a big need....and Smith is here....no need to over think it.

13. Chargers.  OT  Rashawn Slater

Chargers add Slater here to protect Herbert....may project to Interor of line..but Chargers need help everywhere anyhow...should be starting LT though.

14.  Vikings, IOL  Alijah Vera-Tucker

Again....what might be considered a prime spot to get ahead of New England for a QB....no takers.  The Vikings would probably have prefered an OT here....and would consider Jenkins, but go instead with the bigger need and bonafide interior lineman.

15.   New England  LB  Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

With Mac Jones still on the board, the Patriots pass and instead draft the guy who they wanted all along.  Belichick is too old for a QB/rebuild...that's why they went on a shopping spree....he isn't going to be around for another 10 years...Bill is trying to win NOW before he rides off into the sunset.

16.  Cardinals  CB Caleb Farley

With the departure of Patrick Petersen...and no other real stars or players on the roster to replace him...the Cardinals take Caleb Farley here....despie the injury concerns....a top 10 talent otherwise.

17. Radiers  OL Teven Jenkins

The Raiders are a hot mess....and more than any other spot...they need O linemen...Jenkins played all over the line except C....he'll start somewhere on the the Radiers line immedeately.

18. Dolphins EDGE Azeez Ojulari

The Dolphins just continue to add high end players with all their AMMO....and Ojulari is another one....and again...there is always a need for edge rushers....

19. WFT  QB Mac Jones

WFT adds Jones here without having to make a move.  They have Fitzmagic to run it until they decide Mac is ready.  This is the defining pick for Rivera...this works and he is a long time WFT coach...it doesn't and they move on from eveyrone....AGAIN.

20.  Bears.  OT  Christian Darrisaw

The Bears have QB problems...but they aren't solving them here...and they weren't expending any extra draft capital to move up for Jones...the regime needs to win now....and fixing the O line now is a step in that direction.

21.  Colts.   CB Craig Newsome

The colts could go with an interior D lineman here....or an OT...but this is a horrible DT class and they can wait and still get a good OT...so they take Newsome here to fill another important need.

22.  Titans.  WR Kadarius Toney

The need at WR is obvious, but I think some will be surprised that Toney is the pick here....the media isn't high enough on Toney...a track star...he can stretch a defense...and can be effectively deployed on sweeps and reverses, shuttle passes etc.  The most dynamic weapon of the options here.

23.  Jets.  RB  Travis Ettiene 

The Jets could go a number of directions here...but opt for a weapon that is multi dimensional out of the backfield....wouldn't be surprising if the Jets considered a DB here...but ultimately, they will rely on new Coach Selah to shape up the D, and will get the new QB and offense some weapons I think.

24.  *****TRADE******  The Bills move up from 30 to select LB Zaven Collins

From reading TWOBILLSDRIVE....I see a number of you all are concerned about LB, and you need one that can do it all...espeically cover and be a threat to blitz...a true 3 down player.  I have the Bill moving up because there are some teams I believe also looking at LB...and there was no guarantee the Bills get Collins at 30.  I think the Steelers are zeroed in on a Center and can still get their man at 30 (just ahead of KC) 

25.  Jaguars  S Travis Meohrig

Not much to say here other than....Jags have needs in their defensive backfield and Moerhig is a fit.  RT is a need, but once again....beign a deep draft at OT, a RT can be found later.

26.  Browns  EDGE Kity Paye

Cleveland is delighted to get Paye here....they are stacking up alot of talent on the defense.  They need pass rush help beyond Myles Garrett

27.  Ravens.  EDGE  Jason Oweh

The Ravens lost Matt Judon and NEED pass rushers in the worst way...the go with Oweh here....the man with no sacks..but the physical traits that say he should....

28.  Saints.  CB  Eric Stokes

Big need....and Stokes fits.  Being cap strapped as they are....Saints could use some other help at WR, and maybe Edge or LB...but biggest need is at CB.

29.  Packers.  IDL Christian Barmore

Packers have a need at OT and WR...but at this Point, Barmore....still being a need....is too much value on the GB board to pass up....and they'll get a Tackle later in this deep tackle draft.

30  ***TRADE***   Steelers...moved back from 24....still get their man here....  C Landon Dickerson

So many mocks have the Steelers taking a RB at 24.....that seems like the worst thing they could do considering their needs.....this seems much more fitting to what they need and they add some draft capital while filling their biggest need.

31  ***TRADE***  Miami Dolphins move up to take LB Micah Parsons

The slide finaly ends for Parsons here.  Too good to wait for the Dolphins make the move up from 36 to ensure they get their replacement for Van Noy.  The red flags are substantial but so is the talent.

32.  Buccs  EDGE  Gregory Rousseau

the Buccs are pretty loaded.....and have the luxury of going for something of a luxury...another pass rusher.  

ROUND 2

33.  Jags  WR  Terrace Marshall

Talented WR.....Jags loading up for Lawrence.

34.  Jets  EDGE Carlos Basham

Big active DE for the 4-3 scheme Saleh will run....can move inside on passing downs as a rusher.

35. Falcons  EDGE  Joe Tryon

The Falcons need pass rush help...and lately this guy has been rumored to be high on teams boards...best fit is as OLB in 3-4 scheme

*** TRADE *** Chiefs  OT  Samuel Cosmi

KC didn't like the board at 31....pick up some more ammo and drop back to 36....still get a targetd player in Cosmi.....SUPER GREAT athlete that needs quite a bit of work on his techniqe....won alot at OT on sheer athleticism alone.

37.  ******TRADE******  The Detroit Lions move up to get in front of the Bengals to select  OT  Liam Eichenberg

Fills a hole for the Lions...gives them a technically solid player that fits their tough guy lunch pail and go to work type of dude that will eat some kneecaps!

38.  Bengals  Alex Leatherwood Oline

Leatherwood played OT in college, but projects more as a guard...but can play OT.....this is fine for Cincy, they need help all along the line...he'll fit in somewhere and start.  Bengals took Chase in round 1, and land a starting caliber OT here in round 2.

39.  Panthers  WR  Elijah Moore

The Panters let Samuel Curtis walk this offseason...and do have a need at WR...

40.  Broncos  LB  Jamin Davis

I hate the Broncos...but this mock draft is working out good for them...they get the LB they need to tie that Fangio D together.

41.  Detroit.  WR Rashad Bateman.

Some have him going in the 20's ......either way Detroit gets a quality WR....a need....for a roster that has alot of needs.

42.  Giants  CB Kelvin Joseph

Just filling needs here....

43  SF  OG  Wyatt Davis

44.  DALLAS  EDGE Ronnie Perkins

Dallas gets a guy with some juice for the edge after moving on from Aldon Smith

45.  JAX  OT Dillon Radunz

CAn paly RT now....could replace Cam Robinson next year as he was franchised.

46.  WR  Rondale Moore

Pats get a speed guy to send deep after pounding and pounding with double TE sets and CAM newton options.

47.  Chargers  EDGE Payton Turner

Ingram left in FA...this is his replacement as they singed no FA there.

48.  Raiders.   C  Creed Humphry

The raiders need A LOT.  Here, they get to use a 2nd round pick at a position whree they had an All - pro who they had to move on from becauase he was pissed off.  This is how the Raiders opperate.  

49.    Cardinals  LB Nick Bolton

Reddicks replacement.

50.  Dolphins.  RB Najee Harris

Phins can't believe their luck...get 1st round rated RB at 50....

51.  WFT  OT Brady Christiansen

OT for MAC JONES

52.  Chicago  CB Aaron Robinson

Just filling in needs here with BPA

53.  Titans  EDGE Joesph Ossai

Few teams need pass rush talent as badly as the Titans do.  They try here with Ossai.

54.    Colts  WR Dayami Brown

Could go with any number of WR but gave them brown becaue they like guys who can block in the run game.

55.  Steelers

Being patient pays off...they got their C..now get the do it all RB they NEED

56.  **** TRADE *****  Chiefs move up here to get in front of the RAMS for ....  C  Creed Humphry

KC rebuilds line with 1st 2 picks in this draft.

57.  Rams  LB Jabril Cox

Rams don't have much draft capital this year....try and make it count with LB that does alot.

58.  Ravens  S  Jevon Holland

versatile S...can cover slot...and move around....fits B'more scheme well..and fills need

59.  Browns  WR Amari Rodgers

Don't know what Beckahm has left or what he even cares about....

60.  Saints  S Jaymar Johnson

Saints have lots of roster spots to fill with cheap rookies....

61.  BILLS  EDGE/IDL  Milton Williams

Williams is a big guy at 6'4 284.  He played mostly the 5 tech in college but also lined up in the interior some.  Ideally, plays end and then rotates inside on obvious passing downs....a pass rush option for the Bills here that should also be an everdown run defender....very athletico for his size....

62.  Packers  OT Jalen Mayfield

Packers patiently wait for OT and get one here

63.  ***TRADE***  Seattle moved back and pick up  CB  Asante Samuel

Filling the roster with a need...and picking up badly needed extra ammo.

64.  Buccs  IOL  Quentin Minerz

Last pick in round 2...buccs get a guy that was small school good....can play along interior.

Edited by Zerovoltz

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

ZEROVOLTZ Mock draft 3.1

Alot of same picks..but quite a few changes.....complete 2 rounds.....still a theme of teams putting off OT until later to get one because they are plentiful.  I have the Bills TRADING UP this time....(can't make everyone happy so I suppose this will be almost as unpopular as the trade down I had last time.)  KC gets O line help....Parsons falls.  Denver and Pittsburg have things fall well.  As does Miami.  And...big changes at QB from the last one.  I can't stand that I still am not sure who the 49ers are taking.

1.  Jaguars.  QB Trevor Lawrence

No explanation really needed here.  The Jags are taking Lawrence and the second they controlled this pick, he was it.  They have sold a ton of season tickets based on the idea this is the pick.  It's a lock.

2.  Jets.  QB  Zach Wilson

The Jets have zeroed in on Wilson...it's been a foregone conclusion for a while now that he is the pick here.

3.  49ers.  QB Trey Lance

This is the most frustrating pick to mock in this whole draft...and here is the first change from my prior mock.  The 49ers paid a big price to come up here....they have Jimmy G for this year....giving them a full season to develop Lance.  The FO and coaching staff has the credibility and time to see this through.  If Lance is who they think he is, then what a pick.....I think in a way, Josh Allen successfully being developed by the Bills, has given some teams the courage to take a very gifted by raw guy and given time and continutiy....something SF has.....then good things can happen.  Lance is now my pick here.  

4.  Falcons.  TE Kyle Pitts

I DO NOT believe the Falcons are in the QB market....and despite alot of hype, I don't think Mac Jones or Trey Lance are the kind of prospects a team moves up to 4 to get.  The Falcons restructured Ryan and he still has alot of good football left...they stil have Julio and Ridley....I just don't see this as a team that is at the point where you tear it down.  Pitts looks like the kind of TE that makes a difference.  It's traditionally kind of high for a TE, but he's the rare freak of nature prospect you can take here.  I thin the Falcons could be persuaded to move off this spot, but I don't think any team will make the offer it would take.

5.  Bengals.  WR Ja'Marr Chase

Many mocks have Penei Sewell here.  That's understandable.  Here is my logic here.  Chase is a major WR prospect.  They need to replace AJ Greens 110 targets.  Chase has a relationship with Burrow.....AND.....this is the kicker....this is one of the deepest OT drafts to come along in a very long time.  There will be some starting caliber OT availbe in round 2.  There is NOT a Chase level WR to be had in round 2....this is a deep WR draft class...but a good many of them are slot types.  The Bengals opt for the weapon and will wait to address O line later.

6.  Dolphins.  WR Jaylen Waddle

The Dolphins would be good with Pitts, Waddle, Chase, or Smith here.  Chase and Pitts are gone...so the pick here is Waddle...the guy with the juice.  He's not big but super fast...dynamic playmaker....the kind of guy who can take a short TUA pass and make soemthing of it.  Tua was 31 out of 31 qualifying QB's in accuracy on intermediate passes....this guy is able to help at what TUA does better...short stuff.

7.  Lions.  QB Justin Fields

I had the Lions going with Sewell in my prior Mock.  Fields seems like a more ready prospect than Lance...and while they have Goff and are paying him handsomely....and the GM who is in Detroit is the guy who drafted Goff in LA.....there is never going to be a better time than now for the new regime in Detroit to draft a QB....now is the honeymoon period for the coach and GM....and you use that capital while you have it.  Fields shouldn't require a ton of bench time before you get him on the field....worst case is he pushes Goff to be better.  

8.  Panthers.  OT Penei Sewell

Many people are thinking this is a spot ideal for a team looking to trade up for a QB.  I think the Panthers do take some phone calls here and give strong consideration to trading out of this spot, but decide to stay and select Sewell...a big need.  

9.  Broncos.  CB Jaycee Horn

There are a good number of national media projecting Denver to trade up or stay at 9 and take a QB.  They are NOT.  Denver brought in a new GM, but retained the current coaching staff, giving them essentially an ultimatum to win now.  The new GM would likely not want to draft a QB at 9, that his win now coaching staff won't want anything to do with.  The current staff isn't exactly ideal for developing a QB even if they were inclined to do so..Vic Fangio is a d minded HC...when he was hired the Broncos, at Fangios urging, signed Joe Flacco...he wanted a vet QB that could run their PA attack....Drew Lock was an afterthought....now in a win now year, Fangio will roll with Lock, and they will draft a win now player.  If Parsons didn't have the red flag charachter issues...I think they might go with him...but CB is a need as they have guys on one year contracts and you can't have enough good CB's as it is.  Between Horn and Surtain....Horn is the better ZONE player...and that is what Fangio runs.

10.  Cowboys  CB Patrick Surtain II

One of the easiest matches to figure here...the Cowboys have a need at CB..they like Surtain...

11.  Giants  EDGE Jaelan Phillips

Dave Gettleman is an old school kind of guy who likes linemen.  The Giants pass rush sucked last year.  Phillips is a guy that can come in and start, and possibly be that missing piece the Giants covet.

12. Eagles.  WR  DeVonta Smith

Similar to the Cowboys....Eagles have a big need....and Smith is here....no need to over think it.

13. Chargers.  OT  Christian Darrisaw

The Chargers are going to do all they can in this draft to build a wall in front of Justin Herbert....Darrisaw is the protypical LT they are looking for of the guys remaining...some are higher on Teven Jenkins....Darrisaw is the better bet to be successful as a LT.  

14.  Vikings, IOL  Alijah Vera-Tucker

Again....what might be considered a prime spot to get ahead of New England for a QB....no takers.  The Vikings would probably have prefered an OT here....and would consider Jenkins, but go instead with the bigger need and bonafide interior lineman.

15.   New England  LB  Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

With Mac Jones still on the board, the Patriots pass and instead draft the guy who they wanted all along.  Belichick is too old for a QB/rebuild...that's why they went on a shopping spree....he isn't going to be around for another 10 years...Bill is trying to win NOW before he rides off into the sunset.

16.  Cardinals  CB Caleb Farley

With the departure of Patrick Petersen...and no other real stars or players on the roster to replace him...the Cardinals take Caleb Farley here....despie the injury concerns....a top 10 talent otherwise.

17. Radiers  OL Teven Jenkins

The Raiders are a hot mess....and more than any other spot...they need O linemen...Jenkins played all over the line except C....he'll start somewhere on the the Radiers line immedeately.

18. Dolphins EDGE Azeez Ojulari

The Dolphins just continue to add high end players with all their AMMO....and Ojulari is another one....and again...there is always a need for edge rushers....

19. WFT  QB Mac Jones

WFT adds Jones here without having to make a move.  They have Fitzmagic to run it until they decide Mac is ready.  This is the defining pick for Rivera...this works and he is a long time WFT coach...it doesn't and they move on from eveyrone....AGAIN.

20.  Bears.  OT  Christian Darrisaw

The Bears have QB problems...but they aren't solving them here...and they weren't expending any extra draft capital to move up for Jones...the regime needs to win now....and fixing the O line now is a step in that direction.

21.  Colts.   CB Craig Newsome

The colts could go with an interior D lineman here....or an OT...but this is a horrible DT class and they can wait and still get a good OT...so they take Newsome here to fill another important need.

22.  Titans.  WR Kadarius Toney

The need at WR is obvious, but I think some will be surprised that Toney is the pick here....the media isn't high enough on Toney...a track star...he can stretch a defense...and can be effectively deployed on sweeps and reverses, shuttle passes etc.  The most dynamic weapon of the options here.

23.  Jets.  RB  Travis Ettiene 

The Jets could go a number of directions here...but opt for a weapon that is multi dimensional out of the backfield....wouldn't be surprising if the Jets considered a DB here...but ultimately, they will rely on new Coach Selah to shape up the D, and will get the new QB and offense some weapons I think.

24.  *****TRADE******  The Bills move up from 30 to select LB Zaven Collins

From reading TWOBILLSDRIVE....I see a number of you all are concerned about LB, and you need one that can do it all...espeically cover and be a threat to blitz...a true 3 down player.  I have the Bill moving up because there are some teams I believe also looking at LB...and there was no guarantee the Bills get Collins at 30.  I think the Steelers are zeroed in on a Center and can still get their man at 30 (just ahead of KC) 

25.  Jaguars  S Travis Meohrig

Not much to say here other than....Jags have needs in their defensive backfield and Moerhig is a fit.  RT is a need, but once again....beign a deep draft at OT, a RT can be found later.

26.  Browns  EDGE Kity Paye

Cleveland is delighted to get Paye here....they are stacking up alot of talent on the defense.  They need pass rush help beyond Myles Garrett

27.  Ravens.  EDGE  Jason Oweh

The Ravens lost Matt Judon and NEED pass rushers in the worst way...the go with Oweh here....the man with no sacks..but the physical traits that say he should....

28.  Saints.  CB  Eric Stokes

Big need....and Stokes fits.  Being cap strapped as they are....Saints could use some other help at WR, and maybe Edge or LB...but biggest need is at CB.

29.  Packers.  IDL Christian Barmore

Packers have a need at OT and WR...but at this Point, Barmore....still being a need....is too much value on the GB board to pass up....and they'll get a Tackle later in this deep tackle draft.

30  ***TRADE***   Steelers...moved back from 24....still get their man here....  C Landon Dickerson

So many mocks have the Steelers taking a RB at 24.....that seems like the worst thing they could do considering their needs.....this seems much more fitting to what they need and they add some draft capital while filling their biggest need.

31  ***TRADE***  Miami Dolphins move up to take LB Micah Parsons

The slide finaly ends for Parsons here.  Too good to wait for the Dolphins make the move up from 36 to ensure they get their replacement for Van Noy.  The red flags are substantial but so is the talent.

32.  Buccs  EDGE  Gregory Rousseau

the Buccs are pretty loaded.....and have the luxury of going for something of a luxury...another pass rusher.  

ROUND 2

33.  Jags  WR  Terrace Marshall

Talented WR.....Jags loading up for Lawrence.

34.  Jets  EDGE Carlos Basham

Big active DE for the 4-3 scheme Saleh will run....can move inside on passing downs as a rusher.

35. Falcons  EDGE  Joe Tryon

The Falcons need pass rush help...and lately this guy has been rumored to be high on teams boards...best fit is as OLB in 3-4 scheme

*** TRADE *** Chiefs  OT  Samuel Cosmi

KC didn't like the board at 31....pick up some more ammo and drop back to 36....still get a targetd player in Cosmi.....SUPER GREAT athlete that needs quite a bit of work on his techniqe....won alot at OT on sheer athleticism alone.

37.  ******TRADE******  The Detroit Lions move up to get in front of the Bengals to select  OT  Liam Eichenberg

Fills a hole for the Lions...gives them a technically solid player that fits their tough guy lunch pail and go to work type of dude that will eat some kneecaps!

38.  Bengals  Alex Leatherwood Oline

Leatherwood played OT in college, but projects more as a guard...but can play OT.....this is fine for Cincy, they need help all along the line...he'll fit in somewhere and start.  Bengals took Chase in round 1, and land a starting caliber OT here in round 2.

39.  Panthers  WR  Elijah Moore

The Panters let Samuel Curtis walk this offseason...and do have a need at WR...

40.  Broncos  LB  Jamin Davis

I hate the Broncos...but this mock draft is working out good for them...they get the LB they need to tie that Fangio D together.

41.  Detroit.  WR Rashad Bateman.

Some have him going in the 20's ......either way Detroit gets a quality WR....a need....for a roster that has alot of needs.

42.  Giants  CB Kelvin Joseph

Just filling needs here....

43  SF  OG  Wyatt Davis

44.  DALLAS  EDGE Ronnie Perkins

Dallas gets a guy with some juice for the edge after moving on from Aldon Smith

45.  JAX  OT Dillon Radunz

CAn paly RT now....could replace Cam Robinson next year as he was franchised.

46.  WR  Rondale Moore

Pats get a speed guy to send deep after pounding and pounding with double TE sets and CAM newton options.

47.  Chargers  EDGE Payton Turner

Ingram left in FA...this is his replacement as they singed no FA there.

48.  Raiders.   C  Creed Humphry

The raiders need A LOT.  Here, they get to use a 2nd round pick at a position whree they had an All - pro who they had to move on from becauase he was pissed off.  This is how the Raiders opperate.  

49.    Cardinals  LB Nick Bolton

Reddicks replacement.

50.  Dolphins.  RB Najee Harris

Phins can't believe their luck...get 1st round rated RB at 50....

51.  WFT  OT Brady Christiansen

OT for MAC JONES

52.  Chicago  CB Aaron Robinson

Just filling in needs here with BPA

53.  Titans  EDGE Joesph Ossai

Few teams need pass rush talent as badly as the Titans do.  They try here with Ossai.

54.    Colts  WR Dayami Brown

Could go with any number of WR but gave them brown becaue they like guys who can block in the run game.

55.  Steelers

Being patient pays off...they got their C..now get the do it all RB they NEED

56.  **** TRADE *****  Chiefs move up here to get in front of the RAMS for ....  C  Creed Humphry

KC rebuilds line with 1st 2 picks in this draft.

57.  Rams  LB Jabril Cox

Rams don't have much draft capital this year....try and make it count with LB that does alot.

58.  Ravens  S  Jevon Holland

versatile S...can cover slot...and move around....fits B'more scheme well..and fills need

59.  Browns  WR Amari Rodgers

Don't know what Beckahm has left or what he even cares about....

60.  Saints  S Jaymar Johnson

Saints have lots of roster spots to fill with cheap rookies....

61.  BILLS  EDGE/IDL  Milton Williams

Williams is a big guy at 6'4 284.  He played mostly the 5 tech in college but also lined up in the interior some.  Ideally, plays end and then rotates inside on obvious passing downs....a pass rush option for the Bills here that should also be an everdown run defender....very athletico for his size....

62.  Packers  OT Jalen Mayfield

Packers patiently wait for OT and get one here

63.  ***TRADE***  Seattle moved back and pick up  CB  Asante Samuel

Filling the roster with a need...and picking up badly needed extra ammo.

64.  Buccs  IOL  Quentin Minerz

Last pick in round 2...buccs get a guy that was small school good....can play along interior.

Does Christian Darrisaw have a twin brother named Christian Darrisaw?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

@Zerovoltz... I like Darrisaw but I doubt he can man LT for the Chargers and Bears concurrently.

He said there were “a lot of the same picks” and he meant it.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Does Christian Darrisaw have a twin brother named Christian Darrisaw?

He said there were “a lot of the same picks” and he meant it.

UGH!  Well....crap.  Just put a Blank in for the Bears...they'll screw up whoever it is anyhow.

Ok...it's fixed...I didn't move Rashawn Slater over to the Chargers when I did this....edited correctly now.  Slater to Chargers at 13.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think Zaven Collins or Milton Williams are any more likely than Javonte Williams tbh. I don't see either as very good scheme fits. 

Collins to me has always fit best as an outside backer in a 3-4 and I think Williams is a 3-4 end who is a bit positionless in a 4 man front. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Zaven Collins or Milton Williams are any more likely than Javonte Williams tbh. I don't see either as very good scheme fits. 

Collins to me has always fit best as an outside backer in a 3-4 and I think Williams is a 3-4 end who is a bit positionless in a 4 man front. 

Frankly....I think my first one is more likely.  Picking at the end of round 1 is a B word for sure.

11 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Frankly....I think my first one is more likely.  Picking at the end of round 1 is a B word for sure.

Based on what Brandon said the other day I think the Bills will pick a high ceiling project pass rusher - Oweh or Ossai - with the idea they don't start in 2021 or they will pick a corner who could compete to start day 1 - not sure who that is on the basis the top 4 are gone. Maybe Tyson Campbell. 

The wildcard is a receiver. That is another position that fits his "sit and learn behind a guy in the final year of a deal" ie. Beasley and Sanders. I'd be surprised by a linebacker early, it didn't sound like Beane was describing their oline situation and I don't see a 1Tech or a TE worth that pick. 

Etienne I think they would consider but otherwise corner, project edge rusher or receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Based on what Brandon said the other day I think the Bills will pick a high ceiling project pass rusher - Oweh or Ossai - with the idea they don't start in 2021 or they will pick a corner who could compete to start day 1 - not sure who that is on the basis the top 4 are gone. Maybe Tyson Campbell. 

The wildcard is a receiver. That is another position that fits his "sit and learn behind a guy in the final year of a deal" ie. Beasley and Sanders. I'd be surprised by a linebacker early, it didn't sound like Beane was describing their oline situation and I don't see a 1Tech or a TE worth that pick. 

Etienne I think they would consider but otherwise corner, project edge rusher or receiver. 

I've seen Tyson Campbells name here quite a bit.....he seems to be a hotter name among Bills fans than other places...any reason?

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I've seen Tyson Campbells name here quite a bit.....he seems to be a hotter name among Bills fans than other places...any reason?

Tall, long, willing vs the run, solid in man and zone, fast and athletic.  Certainly looks to be better than Levi Wallace.  Levi is mid size and not very fast. Campbell can run with people in man and solid in zone. Fits our team really well imo.

what don’t you like about him?  Lack of ints I assume?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Tall, long, willing vs the run, solid in man and zone, fast and athletic.  Certainly looks to be better than Levi Wallace.  Levi is mid size and not very fast. Campbell can run with people in man and solid in zone. Fits our team really well imo.

what don’t you like about him?  Lack of ints I assume?

I don't have a strong opinion of him one way or another....he just seems one of the favorites at CB on this board...and not as much around the leauge.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

On today's Locked On Bills podcast, Joe Marino said that based on what he's heard about who the Bills have shown interest in and his own feel for the team, his top 4 most likely picks in no particular order are Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Elijah Moore, Jayson Oweh, and Tyson Campbell. If he had to do a top 6 he would put Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphrey next. I see Owusu-Koramoah as a long shot to make it to 30 and I would be very surprised if we reach for Humphrey in the 1st round, so I think one of those other 4 players will ultimately be the selection.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't have a strong opinion of him one way or another....he just seems one of the favorites at CB on this board...and not as much around the leauge.

I see most giving him a 2nd rd grade.  Considering the draft class and our needs, 30 might be higher than most but if he’s the 5th rated CB on our board, which is possible imo, than we might have to pull the trigger at 30.  I’d prefer to trade down and grab him but I think it fills a huge need.  I’d be ok with either him or stokes.  I just hope we don’t miss out on adding a CB.  There are a handful that are solid fits in our D and upgrades over Levi imo

33 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

He is the 5th best corner in the draft, the top 4 will be gone by #30 and corner is the most obvious spot where a rookie could start on this roster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1