Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Fixed it😄

I don’t know you too well but I admire a man who will stand by his opinion. See, I don’t like Etienne, I think he may end up being a CJ Spiller type of prospect but I do have doubt in my mind, doubt that I may be wrong. I tend to embellish the prospects I like and to stay silent on the ones I don’t like. It is amusing to me however that you don’t like Harris. Would you mind going into great detail about what you don’t like?

7 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t know you too well but I admire a man who will stand by his opinion. See, I don’t like Etienne, I think he may end up being a CJ Spiller type of prospect but I do have doubt in my mind, doubt that I may be wrong. I tend to embellish the prospects I like and to stay silent on the ones I don’t like. It is amusing to me however that you don’t like Harris. Would you mind going into great detail about what you don’t like?

I don't think he's fast enough to be a great back in the NFL.  He doesn't look fast on his tape and his refusal to run at his pro day is a red flag.  In truth, I think he'll probably be the 2nd or 3d RB off the board, but I like the 4:1 odds I'm getting from New Era😄

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The bet:

@manncpays @NewEra$25 if Harris is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd RB selected. 

@NewErapays @mannc $100 if Harris is the 4th or later RB selected 

Interesting, I'd think Harris would for sure be one of the 1st RB's to go. I wouldn't go as far to say 4th or later. But that's just me. Good bet for you imo

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't think he's fast enough to be a great back in the NFL.  He doesn't look fast on his tape and his refusal to run at his pro day is a red flag.  In truth, I think he'll probably be the 2nd or 3d RB off the board, but I like the 4:1 odds I'm getting from New Era😄

You continue to mention that he refused to  run at his pro day......with no mention of his injured ankle.  Is he the first player not run a 40 due to injury?  Is this some uncommon occurrence all of a sudden?  

Arian Foster ran a 4.69.  

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You continue to mention that he refused to  run at his pro day......with no mention of his injured ankle.  Is he the first player not run a 40 due to injury?  Is this some uncommon occurrence all of a sudden?  

Arian Foster ran a 4.69.  

No, Dobbins didn’t run the 40 the last year at his pro day as he was also coming off of an ankle injury. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@Zerovoltz, with the description of pick #30, don't you think the Bills could use one of those? 

I was wondering when someone might ask that...YES....the Bills could use one of those....I think Perkins is a guy that teams are going to have wide ranging rankings on.

I even question the pick there for KC....KC needs an edge...but not nearly as bad as OT....so for KC to go edge there....it's a gamble they get their guy at OT later...

I wouldn't be surprised if KC were to go Cosmi at 30 if he's there.  He won't last to the Chiefs next pick.  I also wouldn't be completely surprised if KC did go edge or WR in round 1 and then trade up in round 2 for an OT .....I think KC probalby has Walker Little high on their board and would roll the dice at 1, and try and figure where they could snag Little after that.

If the Bills do like Perkins...then YES...they would and should make that pick at 30...and it's entirely possible that is the pick...Personally, if I am the Bills...Perkins is my choice at 30.  I tried to do this the way I thought Beene might do it.....and to me...he seems like a trade out of 1 type of guy to get more picks.

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I was wondering when someone might ask that...YES....the Bills could use one of those....I think Perkins is a guy that teams are going to have wide ranging rankings on.

I even question the pick there for KC....KC needs an edge...but not nearly as bad as OT....so for KC to go edge there....it's a gamble they get their guy at OT later...

I wouldn't be surprised if KC were to go Cosmi at 30 if he's there.  He won't last to the Chiefs next pick.  I also wouldn't be completely surprised if KC did go edge or WR in round 1 and then trade up in round 2 for an OT .....I think KC probalby has Walker Little high on their board and would roll the dice at 1, and try and figure where they could snag Little after that.

If the Bills do like Perkins...then YES...they would and should make that pick at 30...and it's entirely possible that is the pick...Personally, if I am the Bills...Perkins is my choice at 30.  I tried to do this the way I thought Beene might do it.....and to me...he seems like a trade out of 1 type of guy to get more picks.

just trying to understand why you would think that he would trade down.  He’s never traded down and trades up more than any GM.  

And then, after trading down for the first time ever, you think Beane is going to draft a RB with his first pick after drafting rbs in rd 3 of the previous 2 drafts?  

I don’t understand how you came to this conclusion.  It’s baffling tbh

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I was actually referring to Zaven Collins. You had the Bills trade with Denver and they took him. I really hope if he's there at 30 the Bills take him. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

just trying to understand why you would think that he would trade down.  He’s never traded down and trades up more than any GM.  

And then, after trading down for the first time ever, you think Beane is going to draft a RB with his first pick after drafting rbs in rd 3 of the previous 2 drafts?  

I don’t understand how you came to this conclusion.  It’s baffling tbh

I thought I had explained the reasoning in my original thread...

1.  I think when pick 30 comes about, the Bills won't have anyone on their board ranked that high.

2.  I don't think drafting RB in the last 2 years means anything since it remains an area of concern.  It seems an upgrade would help alot.

3.  Williams is a 3 down RB...and I stressed his pass blocking.  I wouldn't be suggesting the Bills draft a RB for no reason...I think this player is a substantially better optoin than what you have on your roster now...otherwise, what's the point?

I can make a strong case that the Bills won't draft a RB at 30 or trade back and draft one....It's not hard to argue that they take an edge or a CB...and anyone that would say as much would have a valid point....I think the leauge is an offense leauge..the Bills have a good offense, but one diminsional...I think the right RB kicks it up a notch...that's my reasoning.

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I was actually referring to Zaven Collins. You had the Bills trade with Denver and they took him. I really hope if he's there at 30 the Bills take him. 

So...this is a great learning experience for me.....I had percieve the Bills to be pretty much set at LB...with Milano and Edmunds....am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

I thought I had explained the reasoning in my original thread...

1.  I think when pick 30 comes about, the Bills won't have anyone on their board ranked that high.

2.  I don't think drafting RB in the last 2 years means anything since it remains an area of concern.  It seems an upgrade would help alot.

3.  Williams is a 3 down RB...and I stressed his pass blocking.  I wouldn't be suggesting the Bills draft a RB for no reason...I think this player is a substantially better optoin than what you have on your roster now...otherwise, what's the point?

I can make a strong case that the Bills won't draft a RB at 30 or trade back and draft one....It's not hard to argue that they take an edge or a CB...and anyone that would say as much would have a valid point....I think the leauge is an offense leauge..the Bills have a good offense, but one diminsional...I think the right RB kicks it up a notch...that's my reasoning.

So...this is a great learning experience for me.....I had percieve the Bills to be pretty much set at LB...with Milano and Edmunds....am I missing something?

Gotcha.  I love Javonte.  I think he’s the best rb in the draft. I don’t think there’s any chance that we draft him with our first pick. Our OL was the biggest issue with our run game.  If we want to become less one dimensional, drafting an OL that doesn’t suck at run blocking would be more beneficial than a RB imo. 

If we draft a RB, it should be a RB that’s a home run threat with speed and receiving ability.  Pass blocking definitely matters, but Moss is great in pass pro.  

I think you know your stuff for the most part......but I can’t get down with this take at all.  I agree that there may not be anyone @30 worth the pick and I really hope that we trade down (or trade up).  I just don’t think we’d draft Javonte 

• Like (+1) 2