Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

On 4/12/2021 at 7:55 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

The Bills will have to be very sharp in order to find any future starters in this draft - not criticism of the front office, just draft positions create major challenges.

Ill add on, it’s been a very weird 12+ months for college athletics. Scouting has got to be tough right now. It’s already an inexact science. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Ill add on, it’s been a very weird 12+ months for college athletics. Scouting has got to be tough right now. It’s already an inexact science. 

On the other hand, it’s possible that combine and all that other stuff isn’t really all that helpful and that people have been over-thinking this draft process....

39 minutes ago, mannc said:

He most definitely is not a 4.45 40 guy...Where did you read that?  He’s more like 4.65 or even 4.7.  He didn’t even run the 40 at his pro day.  You think he would have opted out if he was a 4.4 or 4.5 guy?  I’d guess he’ll be the third or 4th back off the board.

He's just as fast as Henry, if not faster, and Henry ran a 4.54 forty.  No way in Hades he's as slow as you try to make him out to be. 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

On the other hand, it’s possible that combine and all that other stuff isn’t really all that helpful and that people have been over-thinking this draft process....

Well that is possible.  Still, with many players who opted out of last season and teams that didn't play or played reduced schedules, it has to be an added level of uncertainty.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Well that is possible.  Still, with many players who opted out of last season and teams that didn't play or played reduced schedules, it has to be an added level of uncertainty.

I think the opt outs are the real wildcard.  I mean, who really knows what these guys have been up to?  Some haven’t played football for almost a year and a half, which is a long time for a 20-year old. I’d be nervous about drafting an opt out guy high in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

When did he race Derrick Henry?

You almost made me channel my inner DC Tom :lol: If you think Harris runs a 4.65 or 4.7 then Moss must run a 4.9/4.95 right. It's easy to see he's faster than you, for whatever personal reasons, want to admit. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

The Bills could do a number of things with their pick...or even Pick 40 or so, if they move back....they have options.....

I only went with J wIlliams because IMO.....even if he isn't the fastest etc...he has been very productive...and he is a very good pass blocker....I think the pass blocking aspect is huge...also....I think at times we all put too much of a premium on speed at RB....can the guy make people miss?  is he strong and breaks tackles?  When KC drafted Karreem Hunt...he was far from the fastest...but he had super high grades on breaking tackles and being pretty nimble for a man his size....and he was a willing blocker.....I can see Williams fitting the job the Bills need a RB to do.

And again....they can go any number of ways and get a contributor right away....

Williams may end up being a very productive NFL player. I don’t get the Stephen Jackson comparison. Jackson was a much bigger back with a lot more speed. 

I also hate the idea of spending our 3rd top 100 pick on another slow RB. It seems like Moss and Williams have very similar size and skill set. Drafting more of the same seems like a huge mistake. 

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

I could get behind that with pro days and the combine. But not for game tape. Every single program/draftee had a totally different experience and environment. It is difficult to get a good idea of live action performance. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

You almost made me channel my inner DC Tom :lol: If you think Harris runs a 4.65 or 4.7 then Moss must run a 4.9/4.95 right. It's easy to see he's faster than you, for whatever personal reasons, want to admit. 

Yes, he looks great in the highlight reel, running behind an NFL offensive line. He’s definitely going to play in the league.  I just don’t think he’s worth a high pick.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes, he looks great in the highlight reel, running behind an NFL offensive line. He’s definitely going to play in the league.  I just don’t think he’s worth a high pick.

And that he’ll be the 4th RB taken 😂

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I admittedly don’t watch a ton of college ball. But if this is a “highlight reel” for the “best RB in college football”, color me unimpressed. Yes he plays behind the best OL in the game. But he gets caught from behind by DB’s more often than I’d like.

I tried to dig it up. I didn’t realize he didn’t run the 40 at his pro day. Some Bama magazine projects him at 4.45. Just by my eye he looks slower than that. BR said they heard he was a 4.3 guy. That absolutely can’t be true. 

He looks like if Singletary and Moss has a kid, it’d be Harris. Physical enough. Can hit the hole. Shifty. No breakaway speed. 

EDIT: Singletary not Spiller. 

Edited by Mango

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I admittedly don’t watch a ton of college ball. But if this is a “highlight reel” for the “best RB in college football”, color me unimpressed. Yes he plays behind the best OL in the game. But he gets caught from behind by DB’s more often than I’d like.

I tried to dig it up. I didn’t realize he didn’t run the 40 at his pro day. Some Bama magazine projects him at 4.45. Just by my eye he looks slower than that. BR said they heard he was a 4.3 guy. That absolutely can’t be true. 

He looks like Moss’s and Singletary’s daddy. Physical enough. Can hit the hole. Shifty. No breakaway speed. 

EDIT: Singletary not Spiller. 

Fixed 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He was recovering from ankle injury......why would he run a 40? 

I’ll give you 4-1 odds that he isn’t the 4th or later rb off the board.  My 100 to your 25.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl/news-2021-college-pro-days-alabama-rb-najee-harris-run-drills-40-yard-dash

i don’t believe that he ran a true 4.45 but you suggest a 4.7?  

Challenge accepted. Harris will be either the 1st or 2nd off of the board, but you’re going with 4th or later? I’ll accept that bet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934949-najee-harris-is-2021-nfl-drafts-best-running-back

There isn't much that Harris can't do at a high level. While running between the tackles, he displays excellent vision in spotting holes, burst in exploding through those holes and power to run through arm tackles. He has more than enough speed to hurt defenses around the edges, as he's run a 4.45-second 40-yard dash and a 3.7-second 20-yard shuttle. He's not the best pass-catcher in this class, but his improvement in that area in 2020 showed that he can be a factor on all three downs. He was also mostly solid in pass protection, which can be a rarity among rookies

1 hour ago, mannc said:

He most definitely is not a 4.45 40 guy...Where did you read that?  He’s more like 4.65 or even 4.7.  He didn’t even run the 40 at his pro day.  You think he would have opted out if he was a 4.4 or 4.5 guy?  I’d guess he’ll be the third or 4th back off the board.

See above.

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Challenge accepted. Harris will be either the 1st or 2nd off of the board, but you’re going with 4th or later? I’ll accept that bet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934949-najee-harris-is-2021-nfl-drafts-best-running-back

There isn't much that Harris can't do at a high level. While running between the tackles, he displays excellent vision in spotting holes, burst in exploding through those holes and power to run through arm tackles. He has more than enough speed to hurt defenses around the edges, as he's run a 4.45-second 40-yard dash and a 3.7-second 20-yard shuttle. He's not the best pass-catcher in this class, but his improvement in that area in 2020 showed that he can be a factor on all three downs. He was also mostly solid in pass protection, which can be a rarity among rookies

When and where?  There was no combine this year and Harris took a powder at his pro day.  4.45 guys don't get caught from behind like he does.  Etienne runs 4.45 and Harris is nowhere near as fast as he is.

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

See above.

See above

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

The bet:

@manncpays @NewEra$25 if Harris is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd RB selected. 

@NewErapays @mannc $100 if Harris is the 4th or later RB selected 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The bet:

@manncpays @NewEra$25 if Harris is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd RB selected. 

@NewErapays @mannc $100 if Harris is the 4th or later RB selected 

My friend, I’m sorry. I got it all wrong.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

When and where?  There was no combine this year and Harris took a powder at his pro day.  4.45 guys don't get caught from behind like he does.  Etienne runs 4.45 and Harris is nowhere near as fast as he is.

See above

He is plenty fast. Even if he runs a 4.5, which the article I posted said he has run a 4.45 in the past, is still plenty fast enough for a man his size. He can stop on a dime as well.

• Like (+1) 1