Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

8 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Seriously?

this must be sarcasm, but I don't see the sarcasm font. 

This is truly ludacris. 

Bills need edge rusher, CB, probably OLB, OL.  Also a truly speedy WR would be good. 

and you think they should trade draft resources to go up and draft a backup QB?????

This is a win now team. If Allen is out they don't win the super bowl. So you maximize the team this year. Draft any position but a backup QB. It doesn't matter if you get a seconds round pick for him in 3-4 years. 

It's NOT a win-now team.

It's a win CONSISTENTLY team. They have made that clear since their first press conference. They don't trade away the future for the present.

Having said that, I couldn't agree more that the likelihood of going QB here is infinitesimal. 

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's NOT a win-now team.

It's a win CONSISTENTLY team. They have made that clear since their first press conference. They don't trade away the future for the present.

Having said that, I couldn't agree more that the likelihood of going QB here is infinitesimal. 

So there’s a chance?

😁

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The corner pick has definitely provoked debate..... I assure you it was not intended as a click bait move, although if it had of been it definitely worked! 🤣

They better get OL or edge at 30 if at all possible.  Your CB sounds good if absolutely only option since he’s fast and a thumper. 

@GunnerBill, Daniel Jeremiah has Newsome going the Colts with the #21 pick. Corners always seem to go higher than expected, I think in part because there are metrics out there showing that elite CBs are more valuable than elite edge rushers. https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-saints-select-drew-brees-heir-apparent

Note that he says that "teams" (as in multiple) are very high on Newsome.

Edited by dave mcbride

45 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

@GunnerBill, Daniel Jeremiah has Newsome going the Colts with the #21 pick. Corners always seem to go higher than expected, I think in part because there are metrics out there showing that elite CBs are more valuable than elite edge rushers. https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-saints-select-drew-brees-heir-apparent

Note that he says that "teams" (as in multiple) are very high on Newsome.

Yea I saw that. I would not be at all shocked if Newsome is gone before we pick. I did corners first this year when I had a week off work at the start of January I cracked into them. What I usually do is get up my notes from the guys I've seen just watching games and then look at draftek and work my way down their rankings. They had Newsome 9th or 10th (have moved him up since) but as soon as I put the video on I was like "wait, what? This kid is way better than most of these guys." To me I think Surtain and Farley are two of the best players in this class. Jaycee Horn is a bit scheme dependant but Greg Newsome is right there with Horn for the 3rd best corner in this class. Top 20 player, without question in my mind. There is a post from me on the college football sub-forum right at the start of Jan saying that. It seems the last fortnight some of the talking heads are catching on (which usually happens because real NFL scouts have said to them "you guys are way too low on this kid").

EDIT: The other factor is I don't love this corner class. Don't be confused into thinking all the corners I have in round 2 of my mock have 2nd round grades on my board, they don't. Corners get pushed up. But to me there is only 4 I'd even consider in round 1. After that I think Campbell from Georgia is pretty solid round 2 value, I have Asante Samuel late in the 2nd, Kelvin Joseph I have as a preliminary second, but Melifonwu I have a 3rd on and Aaron Robinson I have a 3rd on because I'm not sold on him as an outside guy. So that means I basically have 7 corners with 1st or 2nd round grades.... that is lower than a normal year for sure. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's NOT a win-now team.

Does this strategy result in Super Bowls in the NFL?

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s not a thumper. He’s not that fast either.  

His speed has been questioned by some, I have seen projections from his 40 time from mid 4.4s to mid 4.5s. But he looks fast on tape, which is partly just because of how smooth a mover he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His speed has been questioned by some, I have seen projections from his 40 time from mid 4.4s to mid 4.5s. But he looks fast on tape, which is partly just because of how smooth a mover he is. 

Yeah he’s smooth for sure. He can flip around with the best of them.  

you would agree, he’s not a thumper.  More of a grab tackler, using his crazy length to corral the runner

Hoping the Bills can retain Mongo and D.Williams and return the O-line. I would like to see the team draft O-line but in the mid to late rounds for depth. I also am not a fan of going corner that high but I don't hate it. Ideally if somehow the Bills can work cap magic and retain most of their critical free agents (would love to retain Mongo, D.Williams, Milano, Roberts, Ty, T.Jones and Barkley) and add a prime time edge rusher like Yannick and then add a TE via the first two rounds and just spend the rest of the draft adding talent and depth. 

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Hoping the Bills can retain Mongo and D.Williams and return the O-line. I would like to see the team draft O-line but in the mid to late rounds for depth. I also am not a fan of going corner that high but I don't hate it. Ideally if somehow the Bills can work cap magic and retain most of their critical free agents (would love to retain Mongo, D.Williams, Milano, Roberts, Ty, T.Jones and Barkley) and add a prime time edge rusher like Yannick and then add a TE via the first two rounds and just spend the rest of the draft adding talent and depth. 

So you want to bring back the entirety of one of the worst run blocking lines in the league?  

Maybe it was the scheme....but maybe it wasn’t.  I’m really afraid to bring back the same line unless we can get Mongo for 4-5M and Williams 7-9M.  

This is my absolute favorite from you:

@GunnerBill on drafting Josh Allen "This is a mistake. It will bring down this regime. You can mark this post and you can quote it back to me any time you like in the future if I am wrong.   I won't be. "

Not sure I can trust your "mock drafts" after that whopper!

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

This is my absolute favorite from you:

@GunnerBill on drafting Josh Allen "This is a mistake. It will bring down this regime. You can mark this post and you can quote it back to me any time you like in the future if I am wrong.   I won't be. "

Not sure I can trust your "mock drafts" after that whopper!

Cool. Well don't read them then. I haven't ever pretended to have been anything but wrong on Josh. You miss some, it happens. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cool. Well don't read them then. I haven't ever pretended to have been anything but wrong on Josh. You miss some, it happens. 

“Guy whose hobbies include trying to predict the top 64 draft picks ends up wrong on one of them. All the latest news and more, at eleven.”

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

“Guy whose hobbies include trying to predict the top 64 draft picks ends up wrong on one of them. All the latest news and more, at eleven.”

Comes with the territory. People remember your misses more than they remember your hits. I wasn't a huge Mahomes guy, I didn't like Josh Allen and I was against taking Justin Jefferson in the first last year. I also loved the Shaq Lawson pick and thought Corey Davis was going to be a top 5 NFL receiver. 

They are the ones you get remembered for not the guard you highlighted who ended up going in the 7th round and starting as a rookie for the Superbowl Champions or the Quarterback everyone had a 4th round grade on that you had in the 2nd and now looks the best of his class. Or the 1,000 yard season NFL receiver you banged on about before he went as an UDFA. Or the Bills first team all pro corner who you loved when he was seen as a standard back end of the first corner, or the 5th round linebacker you told everyone would start.

It is the game. I get it. You are gonna evaluate players as an amateur for a hobby and have strong opinions on between 120 and 160 players every draft you are going to miss your share. Some spectacularly so. That is part of the fun of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Comes with the territory. People remember your misses more than they remember your hits. I wasn't a huge Mahomes guy, I didn't like Josh Allen and I was against taking Justin Jefferson in the first last year. I also loved the Shaq Lawson pick and thought Corey Davis was going to be a top 5 NFL receiver. 

They are the ones you get remembered for not the guard you highlighted who ended up going in the 7th round and starting as a rookie for the Superbowl Champions or the Quarterback everyone had a 4th round grade on that you had in the 2nd and now looks the best of his class. Or the 1,000 yard season NFL receiver you banged on about before he went as an UDFA. Or the Bills first team all pro corner who you loved when he was seen as a standard back end of the first corner, or the 5th round linebacker you told everyone would start.

It is the game. I get it. You are gonna evaluate players as an amateur for a hobby and have strong opinions on between 120 and 160 players every draft you are going to miss your share. Some spectacularly so. That is part of the fun of it.  

It's not that you missed; everyone misses.  It's the conviction that you had about it!  You said to mark the post and quote it back to you, I'm just obliging!  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

It's not that you missed; everyone misses.  It's the conviction that you had about it!  You said to mark the post and quote it back to you, I'm just obliging!  

Yea. I don't hide from it. I missed on Josh. Quote it to me any time. It is the most delighted I have ever been to have missed I can tell you that much. If that means you don't read anything else I write I'd suggest that is your loss but it is also your choice.

• Like (+1) 2