Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

GunnerBill

So here it is version 3.0 and my FINAL mock draft for 2021. This is the mock I will score myself against at the end of the night. 

1 Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, Quarterback, Clemson

No change here. Lawrence is the Jaguars’ pick.

2 New York Jets – Zach Wilson, Quarterback, BYU

Sam Darnold has gone and the Jets are now locked in on Wilson.

3 San Francisco 49ers – Trey Lance, Quarterback, North Dakota State

I have been on Justin Fields at this spot for a while but I hear it will not be him. It is down to Mac Jones, who Shanahan does legitimately like a lot and Trey Lance who I am led to believe sits atop of the board for the 49ers personnel staff. I just doubt John Lynch makes that move for Mac Jones – I’m going Lance.

4 Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, Tight End, Florida

Atlanta was open to a trade back and if the 49ers do take Mac Jones I think they will have calls for this pick but the sense I am starting to get listening and reading to people in the know is that the Falcons have zeroed in on Kyle Pitts as their guy and it will take a lot to move them.

5 Cincinnati Bengals – Penei Sewell, Offensive Tackle, Oregon

People have been on the Ja’Marr Chase bandwagon here for a while, but in the last week that worm has turned and a lot of folks are coming back round to Sewell as the selection here. In my opinion anything else would be a mistake. Plug this guy in at left tackle and protect Joe Burrow.

6 Miami Dolphins – Ja’Marr Chase, Wide Receiver, LSU

Miami added Will Fuller in free agency but they need to give Tua as many weapons as possible so that they know, without any doubt, one way or the other on him by the season’s end. Chase falling to this spot is a perfect outcome for the Dolphins.

7 Detroit Lions – Micah Parsons, Linebacker, Penn State

Everyone has been mocking a wide receiver here and with good reason, the Lions’ top 3 options left in free agency. However, think back to the Dan Campbell press conference. Did that sound like a guy about to draft a receiver with his first pick? Or would a hard hitting linebacker (also a major need for Detroit) be more his style?

8 TRADE!! New England Patriots – Justin Fields, Quarterback, Ohio State (Patriots get #8; Panthers get #15, #46, #122 & 2022 3rd round pick)

The Patriots started this draft season with a lot of teams ahead of them in the Quarterback derby but one by one those teams have fallen by the wayside as they have committed to existing starters (Atlanta and Miami) or found interim solutions via trade (Carolina and Denver). New England need a long term answer and Justin Fields has some Cam Newton traits but is a more accurate passer.

9 Denver Broncos – Rashawn Slater, Offensive Tackle, Northwestern

I think with Quarterback no longer in play and Parsons (who would be the pick if he was here) off the board I see Denver adding further strength to their offensive line. I would expect Slater to start at left tackle with Garrett Bolles sliding to the right side.

10 Dallas Cowboys – Jaycee Horn, Cornerback, South Carolina

Even before Farley’s injury I had heard that the Cowboys were really high on Horn. They have a desperate need at corner and he fits nicely in the scheme that new defensive coordinator Dan Quinn wants to run. To me Surtain is the better player, but I get the sense Dallas loves Horn.

11 New York Giants – DeVonta Smith, Wide Receiver, Alabama

I heard that the Giants were down to three players – Micah Parsons, Jaycee Horn and DeVonta Smith. They could also trade down but as we all know that is not Dave Gettleman’s MO and so they take the one of their three guys still here and give Daniel Jones another weapon.

12 Philadelphia Eagles – Jaylen Waddle, Wide Receiver, Alabama

The Eagles would seriously consider Surtain in this spot I think, but such is their lack of weaponry that they may be forced into considering another receiver. Jaylen Waddle is a do it all playmaker if they need to get creative around Jalen Hurts.

13 Los Angeles Chargers – Patrick Surtain, Cornerback, Alabama

The run on Crimson Tide players continues and if Surtain dropped to the Chargers here I think I would hear Brandon Staley’s cheers of delight all the way in London. Plug and play, perfect scheme fit and corner is an identified need.

14 Minnesota Vikings – Kwity Paye, Edge Rusher, Michigan

The Vikings have a major need at edge. Other than Danielle Hunter, coming off a year away and surgery on a herniated disk, they have 7th rounders and undrafted free agents at the position. Paye is the best 4-3 end in the class.

15 (From New England) Carolina Panthers – Christian Darrisaw, Offensive Tackle, Virginia Tech

The Panthers would be gambling in this trade back scenario that one of the top corners or the top tackles slides to #15. If Darrisaw is there I expect him to be the pick and he would start immediately at left tackle.

16 Arizona Cardinals – Zaven Collins, Linebacker, Tulsa

Let me preface this by saying I think this is very early for Collins, but equally I believe the reports that Arizona has now ruled out Caleb Farley for health reasons and while they could trade up (Jaylen Waddle if they do) or back slightly and target a running back I have heard it said that they love Collins and as I have said before he is a 3-4 defense scheme fit.  

17 Las Vegas Raiders – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Linebacker, Notre Dame

I am pretty confident I have got it down to JOK or Trevon Moehrig for the Raiders. I had JOK in version 1, Moehrig in version 2, and now I am going back to JOK. Middle of the defense is their need, but Mayock and Gruden are unpredictable.

18 Miami Dolphins – Azeez Ojulari, Edge Rusher, Georgia

I have had an edge here at every stage – especially given Miami moved on from their two big 2020 free agent edge signings in Kyle Van Noy and Shaq Lawson. I am not completely sold on the undersized Ojulari and have heard there are health related red flags but he is a perfect scheme fit for the Dolphins’ style of 3-4 defense.

19 Washington Football Team – Trevon Moehrig, Safety, TCU

I have had a left tackle here the last two times but I have been told by someone who I trust that if Moehrig is there he is the Washington pick, so I’m gonna go with that.

20 Chicago Bears – Greg Newsome, Cornerback, Northwestern

I had Mac Jones here previously but my sense is that the Bears are not going to take a Quarterback early. Kyle Fuller departed in free agency so they have a major need at corner and Greg Newsome is one of my favourite players in this class.

21 Indianapolis Colts – Jaelen Phillips, Edge Rusher, Miami

I have resisted mocking this match in the other two versions because Chris Ballard has generally been leery of guys with health questions. However, I just keep hearing that the Colts are high on Phillips so here we go. Edge is a need and he would be a big upgrade.

22 Tennessee Titans – Christian Barmore, Defensive Tackle, Alabama

The buzz the last week has all been about the Titans taking a receiver and especially them taking Elijah Moore. However, earlier in the process there was a lot of noise about them looking at the defensive tackle class where they have a major need and it is a thin enough group that if they want to address the position they might need to do so here.

23 New York Jets – Alijah Vera-Tucker, Offensive Tackle, USC

I’m sticking with Vera-Tucker as a selection designed to make sure they don’t repeat the Sam Darnold mistakes with Zach Wilson. Vera-Tucker can play tackle for my money but here he slides into left guard next to Mekhi Becton and oh boy that is one hell of a left side of the offensive line.  

24 Pittsburgh Steelers – Teven Jenkins, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma State

I had Najee Harris here previously and the Steelers could still go running back. That said, another way to improve their run game is by upgrading the offensive line and there has been a lot of noise about them liking Jenkins.

25 Jacksonville Jaguars – Pat Freiermuth, Tight End, Penn State

The word on the street in Jacksonville appears to be “expect a lot of offense” in this draft. I understand Urban Meyer believes tight end is a major priority and they traded away Josh Oliver to the Ravens. They could try and wait until #33 for Freiermuth but given the lack of depth in this tight end group that might feel that is a risk they cannot afford to take.

26 Cleveland Browns – Jamin Davis, Linebacker, Kentucky

I have said defense is the priority for Cleveland in each version of this mock and Jamin Davis has flown up draft boards almost as fast as he flies into opposing ball carriers. This is an instant upgrade in the middle of their linebacking unit.

27 Baltimore Ravens – Terrace Marshall, Wide Receiver, LSU

The Ravens need more weapons for Lamar Jackson. The reason I see Marshall as a fit is his experience playing inside as a big slot. We know Jackson is a much better, more accomplished thrower inside the numbers and Marshall can run those tough routes across the middle and has the speed to go deep down the seam.

28 New Orleans Saints – Mac Jones, Quarterback, Alabama

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but Mac Jones is still on the board (if he doesn’t go at #3 it is hard to know where to peg him) and New Orleans needs a Quarterback of the future. I think personality wise there seems to be a bit of Drew Brees in him and if you can cope being coached by Saban then that is a pretty good grounding for being coached by Sean Payton who has that same demanding style.

29 Green Bay Packers – Elijah Moore, Wide Receiver, Ole Miss

Do the Packers finally spend a 1st round pick on a receiver? I don’t feel especially confident about this pick and think Joe Tyron at Edge and Levi Onwuzurike at defensive tackle are both in play.

30 Buffalo Bills – Travis Etienne, Running Back, Clemson

Man I hope I am wrong, because this is not a pick I would like but I think Etienne is very much in play for the Bills at #30. I think Gregory Rousseau, Jayson Oweh and Joseph Ossai would all interest them but they might feel that the second round offers better value at edge and if they want the “home run hitter” Brandon Beane talked about last week this might be the spot to get him.

31 Baltimore Ravens – Gregory Rousseau, Edge Rusher, Miami

And this would be such a typical Baltimore Ravens selection. Acquire assets (picks like this one from the Orlando Brown trade) then let the board come to you and select the best player available then figure it out from there. They have lost edge rushers in free agency and so he could start early.

32 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Asante Samuel, Cornerback, Florida State

Tampa don’t have many pressing “now” needs, but continuing to add competitive defensive backs to play in that Todd Bowles scheme that asks them to come up and challenge receivers in man seems like a smart play and I think that is the kind of scheme Samuel needs to succeed.

Flame away....🔥

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

• GunnerBill changed the title to Gunner's 2021 FINAL Mock Draft on PAGE 21

Thanks Gunner

Whenever I look at a mock I immediately go to the picks right AFTER the Bills selection. It shows who Beane had to select from when his turn came up. In this case he passes on the DE and CB to go with the RB. I’m assuming that’s because you believe he’s got guys with high grades on defense that he thinks will still be there in later Rounds. 

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thanks so much for your great work GB!!!

I see that you have come around big time on Kyle Pitts. He is a freak imo, and some team is about to get VERY lucky!

I was never anti Pitts. He is a top 5 player on my board but this is the highest I have mocked him. I was sceptical at the start not as to how good he is but as to whether teams would be willing to spend a top 5 pick on a Tight End. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I was never anti Pitts. He is a top 5 player on my board but this is the highest I have mocked him. I was sceptical at the start not as to how good he is but as to whether teams would be willing to spend a top 5 pick on a Tight End. 

Yeah, you never see top 5 tight ends. Now, teams will surely try to trade up for this kid.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Gunner

Whenever I look at a mock I immediately go to the picks right AFTER the Bills selection. It shows who Beane had to select from when his turn came up. In this case he passes on the DE and CB to go with the RB. I’m assuming that’s because you believe he’s got guys with high grades on defense that he thinks will still be there in later Rounds. 

Yea it is that. In a world where Rousseau, Oweh and Ossai are all there and a guy like Ronnie Perkins who I can imagine them liking I could see them going with the "home run hitter" and then waiting until the edge field starts to thin out in round two before trading up to say the middle of the round to snag one. Hope I am wrong but I can kind of see them thinking that way.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So here it is version 3.0 and my FINAL mock draft for 2021. This is the mock I will score myself against at the end of the night. 

1 Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, Quarterback, Clemson

No change here. Lawrence is the Jaguars’ pick.

2 New York Jets – Zach Wilson, Quarterback, BYU

Sam Darnold has gone and the Jets are now locked in on Wilson.

3 San Francisco 49ers – Trey Lance, Quarterback, North Dakota State

I have been on Justin Fields at this spot for a while but I hear it will not be him. It is down to Mac Jones, who Shanahan does legitimately like a lot and Trey Lance who I am led to believe sits atop of the board for the 49ers personnel staff. I just doubt John Lynch makes that move for Mac Jones – I’m going Lance.

4 Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, Tight End, Florida

Atlanta was open to a trade back and if the 49ers do take Mac Jones I think they will have calls for this pick but the sense I am starting to get listening and reading to people in the know is that the Falcons have zeroed in on Kyle Pitts as their guy and it will take a lot to move them.

5 Cincinnati Bengals – Penei Sewell, Offensive Tackle, Oregon

People have been on the Ja’Marr Chase bandwagon here for a while, but in the last week that worm has turned and a lot of folks are coming back round to Sewell as the selection here. In my opinion anything else would be a mistake. Plug this guy in at left tackle and protect Joe Burrow.

6 Miami Dolphins – Ja’Marr Chase, Wide Receiver, LSU

Miami added Will Fuller in free agency but they need to give Tua as many weapons as possible so that they know, without any doubt, one way or the other on him by the season’s end. Chase falling to this spot is a perfect outcome for the Dolphins.

7 Detroit Lions – Micah Parsons, Linebacker, Penn State

Everyone has been mocking a wide receiver here and with good reason, the Lions’ top 3 options left in free agency. However, think back to the Dan Campbell press conference. Did that sound like a guy about to draft a receiver with his first pick? Or would a hard hitting linebacker (also a major need for Detroit) be more his style?

8 TRADE!! New England Patriots – Justin Fields, Quarterback, Ohio State (Patriots get #8; Panthers get #15, #46, #122 & 2022 3rd round pick)

The Patriots started this draft season with a lot of teams ahead of them in the Quarterback derby but one by one those teams have fallen by the wayside as they have committed to existing starters (Atlanta and Miami) or found interim solutions via trade (Carolina and Denver). New England need a long term answer and Justin Fields has some Cam Newton traits but is a more accurate passer.

9 Denver Broncos – Rashawn Slater, Offensive Tackle, Northwestern

I think with Quarterback no longer in play and Parsons (who would be the pick if he was here) off the board I see Denver adding further strength to their offensive line. I would expect Slater to start at left tackle with Garrett Bolles sliding to the right side.

10 Dallas Cowboys – Jaycee Horn, Cornerback, South Carolina

Even before Farley’s injury I had heard that the Cowboys were really high on Horn. They have a desperate need at corner and he fits nicely in the scheme that new defensive coordinator Dan Quinn wants to run. To me Surtain is the better player, but I get the sense Dallas loves Horn.

11 New York Giants – DeVonta Smith, Wide Receiver, Alabama

I heard that the Giants were down to three players – Micah Parsons, Jaycee Horn and DeVonta Smith. They could also trade down but as we all know that is not Dave Gettleman’s MO and so they take the one of their three guys still here and give Daniel Jones another weapon.

12 Philadelphia Eagles – Jaylen Waddle, Wide Receiver, Alabama

The Eagles would seriously consider Surtain in this spot I think, but such is their lack of weaponry that they may be forced into considering another receiver. Jaylen Waddle is a do it all playmaker if they need to get creative around Jalen Hurts.

13 Los Angeles Chargers – Patrick Surtain, Cornerback, Alabama

The run on Crimson Tide players continues and if Surtain dropped to the Chargers here I think I would hear Brandon Staley’s cheers of delight all the way in London. Plug and play, perfect scheme fit and corner is an identified need.

14 Minnesota Vikings – Kwity Paye, Edge Rusher, Michigan

The Vikings have a major need at edge. Other than Danielle Hunter, coming off a year away and surgery on a herniated disk, they have 7th rounders and undrafted free agents at the position. Paye is the best 4-3 end in the class.

15 (From New England) Carolina Panthers – Christian Darrisaw, Offensive Tackle, Virginia Tech

The Panthers would be gambling in this trade back scenario that one of the top corners or the top tackles slides to #15. If Darrisaw is there I expect him to be the pick and he would start immediately at left tackle.

16 Arizona Cardinals – Zaven Collins, Linebacker, Tulsa

Let me preface this by saying I think this is very early for Collins, but equally I believe the reports that Arizona has now ruled out Caleb Farley for health reasons and while they could trade up (Jaylen Waddle if they do) or back slightly and target a running back I have heard it said that they love Collins and as I have said before he is a 3-4 defense scheme fit.  

17 Las Vegas Raiders – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Linebacker, Notre Dame

I am pretty confident I have got it down to JOK or Trevon Moehrig for the Raiders. I had JOK in version 1, Moehrig in version 2, and now I am going back to JOK. Middle of the defense is their need, but Mayock and Gruden are unpredictable.

18 Miami Dolphins – Azeez Ojulari, Edge Rusher, Georgia

I have had an edge here at every stage – especially given Miami moved on from their two big 2020 free agent edge signings in Kyle Van Noy and Shaq Lawson. I am not completely sold on the undersized Ojulari and have heard there are health related red flags but he is a perfect scheme fit for the Dolphins’ style of 3-4 defense.

19 Washington Football Team – Trevon Moehrig, Safety, TCU

I have had a left tackle here the last two times but I have been told by someone who I trust that if Moehrig is there he is the Washington pick, so I’m gonna go with that.

20 Chicago Bears – Greg Newsome, Cornerback, Northwestern

I had Mac Jones here previously but my sense is that the Bears are not going to take a Quarterback early. Kyle Fuller departed in free agency so they have a major need at corner and Greg Newsome is one of my favourite players in this class.

21 Indianapolis Colts – Jaelen Phillips, Edge Rusher, Miami

I have resisted mocking this match in the other two versions because Chris Ballard has generally been leery of guys with health questions. However, I just keep hearing that the Colts are high on Phillips so here we go. Edge is a need and he would be a big upgrade.

22 Tennessee Titans – Christian Barmore, Defensive Tackle, Alabama

The buzz the last week has all been about the Titans taking a receiver and especially them taking Elijah Moore. However, earlier in the process there was a lot of noise about them looking at the defensive tackle class where they have a major need and it is a thin enough group that if they want to address the position they might need to do so here.

23 New York Jets – Alijah Vera-Tucker, Offensive Tackle, USC

I’m sticking with Vera-Tucker as a selection designed to make sure they don’t repeat the Sam Darnold mistakes with Zach Wilson. Vera-Tucker can play tackle for my money but here he slides into left guard next to Mekhi Becton and oh boy that is one hell of a left side of the offensive line.  

24 Pittsburgh Steelers – Teven Jenkins, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma State

I had Najee Harris here previously and the Steelers could still go running back. That said, another way to improve their run game is by upgrading the offensive line and there has been a lot of noise about them liking Jenkins.

25 Jacksonville Jaguars – Pat Freiermuth, Tight End, Penn State

The word on the street in Jacksonville appears to be “expect a lot of offense” in this draft. I understand Urban Meyer believes tight end is a major priority and they traded away Josh Oliver to the Ravens. They could try and wait until #33 for Freiermuth but given the lack of depth in this tight end group that might feel that is a risk they cannot afford to take.

26 Cleveland Browns – Jamin Davis, Linebacker, Kentucky

I have said defense is the priority for Cleveland in each version of this mock and Jamin Davis has flown up draft boards almost as fast as he flies into opposing ball carriers. This is an instant upgrade in the middle of their linebacking unit.

27 Baltimore Ravens – Terrace Marshall, Wide Receiver, LSU

The Ravens need more weapons for Lamar Jackson. The reason I see Marshall as a fit is his experience playing inside as a big slot. We know Jackson is a much better, more accomplished thrower inside the numbers and Marshall can run those tough routes across the middle and has the speed to go deep down the seam.

28 New Orleans Saints – Mac Jones, Quarterback, Alabama

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but Mac Jones is still on the board (if he doesn’t go at #3 it is hard to know where to peg him) and New Orleans needs a Quarterback of the future. I think personality wise there seems to be a bit of Drew Brees in him and if you can cope being coached by Saban then that is a pretty good grounding for being coached by Sean Payton who has that same demanding style.

29 Green Bay Packers – Elijah Moore, Wide Receiver, Ole Miss

Do the Packers finally spend a 1st round pick on a receiver? I don’t feel especially confident about this pick and think Joe Tyron at Edge and Levi Onwuzurike at defensive tackle are both in play.

Man I hope I am wrong, because this is not a pick I would like but I think Etienne is very much in play for the Bills at #30. I think Gregory Rousseau, Jayson Oweh and Joseph Ossai would all interest them but they might feel that the second round offers better value at edge and if they want the “home run hitter” Brandon Beane talked about last week this might be the spot to get him.

31 Baltimore Ravens – Gregory Rousseau, Edge Rusher, Miami

And this would be such a typical Baltimore Ravens selection. Acquire assets (picks like this one from the Orlando Brown trade) then let the board come to you and select the best player available then figure it out from there. They have lost edge rushers in free agency and so he could start early.

32 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Asante Samuel, Cornerback, Florida State

Tampa don’t have many pressing “now” needs, but continuing to add competitive defensive backs to play in that Todd Bowles scheme that asks them to come up and challenge receivers in man seems like a smart play and I think that is the kind of scheme Samuel needs to succeed.

Flame away....🔥

if this turns out exactly how you predicted that you will get free membership for a year.

• Haha (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This would be a good value pick if it happens.   I agree that the 2nd round offers the edge and CB with similar grades...May be they can package their 5ths with the 2nd to move up and get the player.   Not having the 4th hurts this year.

• Vomit 1

Well, Gunner, I'll say it: I think you're wrong at pick 30. Personally, I'd actually be pretty excited by an Etienne pick (or a Najee Harris pick, for that matter), but I have a hard time believing that either of those two players will be on top of Beane's board come pick #30. BPA at a position of need, right? 

Even Jayson Oweh, considering Beane, and McDermott's propensity for grading players high on athleticism over experience, or development, I would think would be higher on their board. Tell me if you disagree, but Etienne, at #30, would be a reach compared to some of the other players (who represent other positions of need) who are available in your mock, no?

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, Gunner, I'll say it: I think you're wrong at pick 30. Personally, I'd actually be pretty excited by an Etienne pick (or a Najee Harris pick, for that matter), but I have a hard time believing that either of those two players will be on top of Beane's board come pick #30. BPA at a position of need, right? 

Even Jayson Oweh, considering Beane, and McDermott's propensity for grading players high on athleticism over experience, or development, I would think would be higher on their board. Tell me if you disagree, but Etienne, at #30, would be a reach compared to some of the other players (who represent other positions of need) who are available in your mock, no?

So I hope I am wrong it would not be my pick. Maybe I am just expecting the worst as a coping mechanism but I do feel like it could well be the pick and I always try and do what I think they'd do rather than what I want them to do.

In terms of would it be a reach? I have Etienne #28 on my big board. Of the 27 players ahead of him in this mock 23 are off the board. 1 is Caleb Farley who I do not believe is going to go tonight because of health concerns. The other three are #23 Liam Eichenberg; #25 Gregory Rousseau; #26 Tyson Campbell. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So I hope I am wrong it would not be my pick. Maybe I am just expecting the worst as a coping mechanism but I do feel like it could well be the pick and I always try and do what I think they'd do rather than what I want them to do.

In terms of would it be a reach? I have Etienne #28 on my big board. Of the 27 players ahead of him in this mock 23 are off the board. 1 is Caleb Farley who I do not believe is going to go tonight because of health concerns. The other three are #23 Liam Eichenberg; #25 Gregory Rousseau; #26 Tyson Campbell. 

Interesting. Out of curiosity, where do you have Oweh on your board? Because I wonder if Beane/McD don't have him higher than you (or most) would, and I'm just saying that based on their draft history. Josh Allen, Edmunds, Epenesa-- all drafted high on their merits of athleticism, and potential, but with limited experience, or pro-ready ability. It seems to me that Oweh fits that mold precisely.

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Interesting. Out of curiosity, where do you have Oweh on your board? Because I wonder if Beane/McD don't have him higher than you (or most) would, and I'm just saying that based on their draft history. Josh Allen, Edmunds, Epenesa-- all drafted high on their merits of athleticism, and potential, but with limited experience, or pro-ready ability. It seems to me that Oweh fits that mold precisely.

I have Oweh at #53. He is polarizing. I am record elsewhere as to my concerns with him. I can imagine Beane and McDermott liking him... what it comes down to for me is there could still be a lot of options at edge left on the board they might feel they can get one later. 

On Epenesa not sure I'd say he has any special athleticism. He was drafted on his production I think. Allen, Edmunds, Oliver... yes athletic traits were big in those picks and I agree the Bills value them. Just not sure Epenesa quite fits that mould. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like it except pick #25, I think he'd be there at #33, but I can understand why you made the pick...I also think Buffalo might take weaver in the second opening up pick #30 to Etienne or another play maker the Bills may like...I was looking at a chart earlier that showed the short shuttle and 3-cone #'s of the edge guys and that Buffalo really values those numbers and the top 2 or 3 were Oweh and Weaver with Rousseau way at the bottom...what are your thoughts on Weaver?

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have Oweh at #53. He is polarizing. I am record elsewhere as to my concerns with him. I can imagine Beane and McDermott liking him... what it comes down to for me is there could still be a lot of options at edge left on the board they might feel they can get one later. 

On Epenesa not sure I'd say he has any special athleticism. He was drafted on his production I think. Allen, Edmunds, Oliver... yes athletic traits were big in those picks and I agree the Bills value them. Just not sure Epenesa quite fits that mould. 

As I recall, the story on Epenesa was that he had limited reps in college, and was not polished at his position, but had natural ability, especially in his upper body, and hands. He had a talent for throwing opponents off balance, and using chop moves, and such to take away an offensive lineman's leverage. Or something like that.

But I think, like Allen, and Edmunds, they saw high potential in a less polished player. Maybe a better way of looking at it is that, in their earlier draft picks, they're placing a higher priority on the ceiling than the floor?