WandaVision, are you watching? A hex on you if you’re not.

ChevyVanMiller

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Havent seen the newest episode yet, so avoiding discussion on the show for now.

But wanted to share this tentative schedule a reddit user made. Disney is releasing new Marvel content every week for the rest of this year. And then will release new Star Wars content (Boba Fett, etc) every week of 2022. CANT WAIT!

f8z8fw5h0vh61.png

I don't know if those theatrical releases are going to stick.  It's clear theatres won't be fully reopened until at least the Fall and with the fact that Disney has already kicked the can of the Black Widow release this far down the line, I'll be surprised if they settle for losing the money they'll lose by opening it in limited theatres with 25-50% capacity.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know if those theatrical releases are going to stick.  It's clear theatres won't be fully reopened until at least the Fall and with the fact that Disney has already kicked the can of the Black Widow release this far down the line, I'll be surprised if they settle for losing the money they'll lose by opening it in limited theatres with 25-50% capacity.

They're releasing on Disney+, like Mulan, no?

This schedule was for streaming.

Ah, I see here it's still up in the air...

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movie-disney-plus-release-delay-happen/

Edited by DrDawkinstein

On 2/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Love the show, it’s inspired me to also do the Marvel movies again in timeline order; along with the Mandalorian, I’m duly impressed with the quality of the writing even while Disney is pushing out considerable new content for these tentpole franchises! 

If we’re not into Marvel/comic book movies, would this still be appealing? 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I feel like in a certain way it would be, for the simple reason that the show takes on and makes good satire of the typical sitcom tropes decade by decade, very well written—you will want to know just a smidge of the main 2 characters’ back story to add to your viewing enjoyment though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I feel like in a certain way it would be, for the simple reason that the show takes on and makes good satire of the typical sitcom tropes decade by decade, very well written—you will want to know just a smidge of the main 2 characters’ back story to add to your viewing enjoyment though.

Who are they and is there a CliffsNotes type of place to get this back story? I’m open to trying it. 

On a side note: the “major networks” are going to have to try harder. They are becoming irrelevant. I have no use for The Bachelorette or any kind of reality TV. There are a few shows I enjoy, but they are rare and it seems to get worse by the year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who are they and is there a CliffsNotes type of place to get this back story? I’m open to trying it. 

On a side note: the “major networks” are going to have to try harder. They are becoming irrelevant. I have no use for The Bachelorette or any kind of reality TV. There are a few shows I enjoy, but they are rare and it seems to get worse by the year. 

couple of quick primers below, hope it helps! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WandaVision

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/01/wandavision-everything-you-need-to-know-beginners-guide

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

If you didn't watch the Marvel Avengers etc. movies then no, I wouldn't imagine so.  Maybe you'll get a kick out of the 50s/60s stuff but other than that it's going to be confusing and I imagine not worth the investment to learn the backstory-- there are better things you could watch that are made to stand alone. This is very much made to be part of a greater universe. Jmo

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Final episode was pretty epic. Great Marvel CGI fight scenes. I thought they wrapped it up as well as they could and set up the Dr. Strange and Ms Marvel movies well.

Great show all around. A mold breaker. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.