Bills prospect LSU LB/S Jacoby Stevens

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any idea of projected Round? I didn’t see that in the above assessment 

It’s lower. At least from what I’ve seen (which isn’t worth much) probably a day three pick. (4-7) 

Though many have said that round predictions will be even more worthless this year once you get past maybe the top 50 or so guys.

Edited by whatdrought

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

In 2020, in the games against Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida, he recorded 10 tackles, 11 assists, and .5 sacks.  His team however allowed a combined 137 points in those 3 games.

I'm not sure what to make (if anything) of these stats, and if I still had the LSU/Bama game on tape I would watch it to offer an opinion.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

In 2020, in the games against Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida, he recorded 10 tackles, 11 assists, and .05 sacks.  His team however allowed a combined 137 points in those 3 games.

I'm not sure what to make (if anything) of these stats, and if I still had the LSU/Bama game on tape I would watch it to offer an opinion.

What are .05 sacks? He was 1 of 20 guys involved? 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, patzen said:

Potential Milano replacement I assume? Seems like a good guy to keep an eye on.

"his below-average play speed and athleticism restricts the roles he can realistically fill in the NFL. He lacks the range and anticipatory skills to play deeper off the ball. While Stevens’ best qualities are his size and physicality, he doesn’t always perform to his weight class and his enthusiasm in pursuit can disappoint and there are times he is passive when it comes to playing off contact and tackling. Stevens is likely a core special teams player in the NFL "

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"his below-average play speed and athleticism restricts the roles he can realistically fill in the NFL. He lacks the range and anticipatory skills to play deeper off the ball. While Stevens’ best qualities are his size and physicality, he doesn’t always perform to his weight class and his enthusiasm in pursuit can disappoint and there are times he is passive when it comes to playing off contact and tackling. Stevens is likely a core special teams player in the NFL "

Yeah, I saw that. I just kinda interpreted that as them saying he just straight up can't play safety in the nfl. Milano ran a 4.67 and Stevens is projected to run a 4.7 . Maybe there's other ways that Stevens doesn't match up with Milano athletically but speed doesn't seem to be one of them. Milano was also taken in the fifth round so he projected out mainly as a special teamer as well. Also, part of my assumption that he could be a Milano replacement in the Bills' eyes is because I'm not exactly sure what other role they'd be drafting him for. 

Edited by patzen

5 hours ago, 947 said:

He was 216lbs at the Senior Bowl. I'm guessing he's a fit for "Big Nickel".

They're projecting his 40 time as somewhere around 4.7. He has lost weight since then, but if the projections are close, you want someone faster for big nickel. 

But who knows. Maybe he'll be faster than they think.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

They're projecting his 40 time as somewhere around 4.7. He has lost weight since then, but if the projections are close, you want someone faster for big nickel. 

But who knows. Maybe he'll be faster than they think.

You also have to remember though at the senior bowl you can only interview guys who are there. If the Bills take Stevens it is as a big nickel type who plays teams IMO. That doesn't mean that he is their favourite big nickel prospect in the draft... just that they liked him enough to think of the guys at the Senior Bowl he was worth talking to. 

• Like (+1) 2

If we can't grab Owusu-Koramoah (ND) in the 1st then I would be good with a guy like Chaz Surratt (UNC) or Nick Bolton (Mizzou) in the 2nd, possibly even Tony Fields II (WVU) in the 3rd/4th. I know Parsons, more than likely Owusu-Kormoah, and possibly Zaven Collins will be gone before we pick @ #30. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

If we can't grab Owusu-Koramoah (ND) in the 1st then I would be good with a guy like Chaz Surratt (UNC) or Nick Bolton (Mizzou) in the 2nd, possibly even Tony Fields II (WVU) in the 3rd/4th. I know Parsons, more than likely Owusu-Kormoah, and possibly Zaven Collins will be gone before we pick @ #30. 

i'd be very surprised if Bolton made it to the Bills in the 2nd round.