Bills prospect Syracuse CB Ifeatu Melifonwu

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I like it.  This guy will probably replace Tarvaris Jackson for most misspelled Bills name of all time.

I never could spell that one OT’s name - he was the one who got arrested for running through the woods naked or something. Cyrus ? From bama. Drafted in 2nd round like 2014 ish

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Meh, I don't see the need for us to draft a CB early. CB2 isn't that critical in McDermott's scheme. I'd be fine with Jackson, Wallace, and EJ Gaines in an open competition for CB2 next year. Keep drafting them on day 3. We have much bigger needs to address early in the draft.

Gaines was released at the end of January.

Levi Wallace is a FA - what kind of contract do you want the Bills to offer him?

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I never could spell that one OT’s name - he was the one who got arrested for running through the woods naked or something. Cyrus ? From bama. Drafted in 2nd round like 2014 ish

I could never spell Trent Edwar’s name right. I’d always check down before completing his name. 

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Process said:

Hate the idea of taking a CB at 30. We are already young at the position, sign a vet in FA if we want more depth. Sherman may be somewhat washed up but he's a perfect fit for this defense. 

We need another playmaker for Josh or front 7 of we go defense. 

I don't know if they pick this guy, but when we faced KC, we couldn't face them with much man to man, we just didn't have the speed. This might help us match up with them better.

Of course, so would a pass rusher.

While he was a solid player for us he is in no way worth a 1st round pick. He was the 3rd best player in our secondary after Cisco and Trill. Melinfonwu just never lived up to his hype. He should be a 4th round prospect at best and thats just because of his size, athletism, and potential

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

While he was a solid player for us he is in no way worth a 1st round pick. He was the 3rd best player in our secondary after Cisco and Trill. Melinfonwu just never lived up to his hype. He should be a 4th round prospect at best and thats just because of his size, athletism, and potential

I have a third on him but that is based really on the fact I think he might make a nice safety down the road. Agree he is nowhere close to a 1st rounder. 

This is one of those positions where you’ll have to see who’s still on the board at 30. If their other top prospects are gone I could see a CB being taken. (Assuming he’s graded as a first round talent.) CB is one of the positions that plays every down in the modern NFL, and with Tre locking down the other side you could put the opponent in a real jam by locking down the other side as well. Add to it that Tre is already under contract, you’d be set for years! 

Just to be clear, when I posted above that he is the "real deal", I have no idea whether he is first round talent or not because obviously that involves how he compares to every other draft eligible player at every position.  I don't watch that much college football to make that kind of analysis.  I do think he has the talent to play in the NFL and I do think he would fit into the Bills' defense.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone know his speed/athleticism  

He's got a chance at sneaking into the 4.4's which is very good considering he's also 6'2"-6'3". He's a really good athlete like his brother was. Not sure he's worth a 1st round pick, but as a Cuse alum, it's nice to have multiple players with a good chance of being drafted this year.

I don't think he's a Year 1 impact guy but I think he's a pretty good fit in our scheme. He flashes pretty much all of the skills that we look for in our corners and I think he could be converted to a safety if it doesn't work out at corner too.

Kind of weird that Syracuse has three draftable DBs this year despite the team as a whole being horrendous. The defense was definitely betrayed by arguably the worst offense in the country, but the defense wasn't great either.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

He's got a chance at sneaking into the 4.4's which is very good considering he's also 6'2"-6'3". He's a really good athlete like his brother was. Not sure he's worth a 1st round pick, but as a Cuse alum, it's nice to have multiple players with a good chance of being drafted this year.

I don't think he's a Year 1 impact guy but I think he's a pretty good fit in our scheme. He flashes pretty much all of the skills that we look for in our corners and I think he could be converted to a safety if it doesn't work out at corner too.

Kind of weird that Syracuse has three draftable DBs this year despite the team as a whole being horrendous. The defense was definitely betrayed by arguably the worst offense in the country, but the defense wasn't great either.

Interesting on tape he doesn't look like a 4.4 guy to me. I actually wrote "average speed" in my notes on him. Certainly didn't look to me like he played that fast. I think safety is his future in the NFL.