Podcast with Christian Wade, worth a listen IMO especially for the "Why isn't CWade playing?" folks

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This was like some rugby instinct right? I really dunno the game

I think so. Probably a combination of 2 things. 

1. Trying to score in the middle of the field to make the pat kick easier. To put it in football terms...imagine if the pat was from the 20 yard line but had to be kicked at the point where the ball crossed the goal line.  Score in the middle of the field, the kick is attempted from the middle. Score in the corner, the kick is attempted from the corner making it a lot harder. 

2. Blocking in rugby is a penalty. You can’t even use your guys to set a pick. So your instinct is to not follow your own guys. In rugby they would be following him not in front. 

I can easily see him taking on the Taiwan Jones role. Hopefully there are preseason games this year so he can see some live snaps. IMO the hardest thing for him to learn on offense will be pass pro. That is one skill set he definitely would not bring with him from rugby.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

1. Trying to score in the middle of the field to make the pat kick easier. To put it in football terms...imagine if the pat was from the 20 yard line but had to be kicked at the point where the ball crossed the goal line.  Score in the middle of the field, the kick is attempted from the middle. Score in the corner, the kick is attempted from the corner making it a lot harder. 

2. Blocking in rugby is a penalty. You can’t even use your guys to set a pick. So your instinct is to not follow your own guys. In rugby they would be following him not in front. 

I can easily see him taking on the Taiwan Jones role. Hopefully there are preseason games this year so he can see some live snaps. IMO the hardest thing for him to learn on offense will be pass pro. That is one skill set he definitely would not bring with him from rugby.  

That's what he said it was - that it didn't even occur to him that the guys in front of him were his teammates, much less that they were setting up blocks for him and he needed to follow them, because in rugby your own guys are never in front of you.

I've seen Instagram of some of our other guys - Isaiah McKenzie is one - playing what looks like some kind of flag football with buddies.  That kind of experience would seemingly be very helpful to Christian Wade if he could find it. 

He talked about needing to learn to block on the podcast as well.  He said his first year it wasn't going at all well.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Ahhh. Good stuff. I could see the no blocking thing really opening things up. Vicious sport no doubt.

Now that I think about it. Me watching rugbys gotta be like what non football guys are seeing with the nfl. Pure mayhem, cool af, but W T F is going on 😆

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Fun conversation.  For everyone.  Let’s just have fun.  No mod., just love the Bills conversations.

Regarding Wade, he’s interesting, and if he can do something that has nothing to do with his European background, awesome.  I think it’s unlikely he makes it as he probably would’ve had a deal.  They kept him at this point so he has promise.

there’s a lot of let’s root for this guy like jasper, wang (no kidding on this one😆), wade, Duke, but if they can pull it off great.

bottom line, go bills!

Dang! That's an All-TBD line-up right there: jasper, wang (no kidding on this one😆), wade, Duke,

The only one we're missing is that WR that ended up in Indy?

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

Dang! That's an All-TBD line-up right there: jasper, wang (no kidding on this one😆), wade, Duke,

The only one we're missing is that WR that ended up in Indy?

we talking that white guy that was a preseason stud, or the udfa from a few years ago (most recent), or we goin way back in the day to that receiver from uconn with the heart issues?  the legends of the preseason wr's run deep here lol

7 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

we talking that white guy that was a preseason stud, or the udfa from a few years ago (most recent), or we goin way back in the day to that receiver from uconn with the heart issues?  the legends of the preseason wr's run deep here lol

The receiver with the heart issues?  Easley became a strong STer for several years for the Bills until he broke his knee in 3 places and dislocated his kneecap, and never played again.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The receiver with the heart issues?  Easley became a strong STer for several years for the Bills until he broke his knee in 3 places and dislocated his kneecap, and never played again.

Yeah Easley ended up with a nice little niche on the team. Met him once, shortly after the heart thing knocked him out, was a super cool dude.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still frustrated at the Bills for not calling him up to the 53 man roster against Miami in week17, what a waste. I don't understand why the Bills won't give Wade a chance...

JK. I finally had to stop following several Bills facebook groups because people kept asking/wanting/thinking Wade to be elevated from the PS. Trolls on this message board have better takes then a lot of those FB groups unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/19/2021 at 10:28 AM, SirAndrew said:

I’ve noticed in America the t pronunciation is common among pseudo intellectuals who over enunciate each word in an attempt sound smart. I think its become common to assess intelligence based on speech and language more than actual content. 

Disclaimer: To all of you who pronounce the t in often, this is a generalized observation. It isn’t meant as a personal insult 😂 

I once had a girlfriend who over-enunciated her words. I found it extremely annoying, but could not really say much about it. 

Your comment about assessing intelligence based on speech and language rather than content is a great observation, and a sad commentary on our dumbed-down education system these days.

Oops, am I over-hyphenating?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:16 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Ahhh. Good stuff. I could see the no blocking thing really opening things up. Vicious sport no doubt.

Now that I think about it. Me watching rugbys gotta be like what non football guys are seeing with the nfl. Pure mayhem, cool af, but W T F is going on 😆

I have watched a few rugby games and was amazed at how they named the various player positions.

The positions

Loose-head prop.

Tight-head prop.

Lock.

Lock.

Blind-side flanker.

Open-side flanker.

Number 8.

Fun stuff trying to figure all that out!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/21/2021 at 9:07 AM, Poleshifter said:

I have watched a few rugby games and was amazed at how they named the various player positions.

The positions

Loose-head prop.

Tight-head prop.

Lock.

Lock.

Blind-side flanker.

Open-side flanker.

Number 8.

Fun stuff trying to figure all that out!

You missed the hooker in the middle of the props 🙂

Edited by Gunvald's Husse