Podcast with Christian Wade, worth a listen IMO especially for the "Why isn't CWade playing?" folks

the Performance Hackers

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/performance-hackers-podcast/id1541017136

-How he got into rugby (he didn't want to play in cold weather! 😆)

-How he saw his decision to retire from a highly successful rugby career and pursue American Football

-What does "trust the process" mean to him?  "The process is really the journey that you go on to try and reach your goal, wherever you're trying to get to...so many people can get caught up with where they're trying to get to, that they forget to enjoy the journey...also like we were talking about earlier, split it into small chunks...as long as you try to do each little thing every day, you're going to get to where you're trying to get to" (he talked earlier about trying to get 1% better each day at 5 different things, then you're 5% better)

-Catching a ball from Josh Allen: "When Josh is throwing at you, it's crazy, he's got that Madden 99 arm strength...It's not too bad though, as long as you catch it correctly, it doesn't hurt".  Says he got his hands hurt several times from not catching the ball correctly

-What was hardest in the transition: When he was coming in, he was terrified of the playbook, but actually it's the little techniques (last year blocking wasn't going too well for him) and the playbook is the easiest thing. 

-Tells the story of his preseason games his first year, he veered toward the post and got tackled short of the endzone and two teammates who were out in front of him said "what are you doing, we set up the blocks for you, if you'd kept going straight you would have scored"

Really made me pull for him to get it together and succeed in the NFL, but also to realize what a steep hill it really is for him to climb.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, finn said:

So...why isn't CWade not playing? Or rather, is he playing or not next year, or is he on the team just to host podcasts? 

No one who graduated 6th grade can answer your double negative and run on questions.🤦‍♂️

Perhaps consider Mom’s help with making coherent, intelligent sentences.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

On 2/19/2021 at 6:02 AM, Chandler#81 said:

No one who graduated 6th grade can answer your double negative and run on questions.🤦‍♂️

A personal attack from a moderator. Interesting. And one who no doubt has never posted a sentence with a typo. Chandler#81, the moderator who is doing all that can be done to make posters feel welcome to the board, maintain a civil tone, and advance the dialogue. Nice job. Let's see if you keep up the vigilance, especially in your own posts.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Funny...My Mom is 101 (actually 101-1/2) and is still correcting people's grammar. Just last night she told her nurse "I want you do me a big favor please. Next time you say the word often don't pronounce the t, it's supposed to be silent." 

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, finn said:

A personal attack from a moderator. Interesting. And one who no doubt has never posted a sentence with a typo. Chandler#81, the moderator who is doing all that can be done to make posters feel welcome to the board, maintain a civil tone, and advance the dialogue. Nice job. Let's see if you keep up the vigilance, especially in your own posts.  

Yeah.. but that post was idiotic. The past 4 years has taught me the importance of bullying morons.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Funny...My Mom is 101 (actually 101-1/2) and is still correcting people's grammar. Just last night she told her nurse "I want you do me a big favor please. Next time you say the word often don't pronounce the t, it's supposed to be silent." 

Technically the "T" in US pronunciation is medial and dropped. However most dictionaries will say the pronunciation of the "T" is either acceptable or at worst nonstandard. 

How do you say "handsome"?

Regarding blocking and not following them; it took me some time moving from football to rugby (I switched in college after a knee injury derailed my less than successful football career - how hackneyed is that?) to remember to score the try as close to the center of the field as possible, allowing for an easier kick afterward.

(More correctly it wasn't that I forgot, I just got so excited to finally score that I didn't think about it.)

After a second time (I didn't score much...) my coach decided to move me to second row as a "punishment" for practice. I actually preferred it to back, but that's a different story.

1 minute ago, timekills17 said:

Regarding blocking and not following them; it took me some time moving from football to rugby (I switched in college after a knee injury derailed my less than successful football career - how hackneyed is that?) to remember to score the try as close to the center of the field as possible, allowing for an easier kick afterward.

'Tis true. My school rugby team was so dominant and our fly half played for England under 16s and was an awesome kicker.... although also kind of an arrogant jerk.... and he used to ask us in games where we were running up the score against schools who had no hope of competing to run the tries into the corners as much as possible so he could practice more difficult kicks. He'd still nail the majority of them too!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

You have one part right; improve the dialog. Re-read your post before before tapping Submit Reply. It’s simple, really..

• Vomit 1

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The International Player program helped and hindered Wade.   

this, being his 3rd season will be different. 
the limitations and protections are gone 

IF the Bills keep him going into the season he could play if he’s learned enough.   

How do you feel it hindered him?

Fun conversation.  For everyone.  Let’s just have fun.  No mod., just love the Bills conversations.

Regarding Wade, he’s interesting, and if he can do something that has nothing to do with his European background, awesome.  I think it’s unlikely he makes it as he probably would’ve had a deal.  They kept him at this point so he has promise.

there’s a lot of let’s root for this guy like jasper, wang (no kidding on this one😆), wade, Duke, but if they can pull it off great.

bottom line, go bills!

• Agree 1