Carson Wentz to the Colts

Brennan Huff

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yeah, because he’s got an All World arm and has the arm strength to throw the ball all over the field.  Goff doesn’t have that.  At 43, Brady wins because he can still make all the throws and but mostly because he’s a once in a century team leader at the QB position.  

On Brady that’s so true how many years has this guy played with a bad oline don’t many I think most part is they go all out for him it’s crazy the time he usually has in the pocket 

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

Well I'll be hornswoggled.  I never thought that the eagles would eat 33 mill in dead cap space.  Looks like they plan on doing a complete tear-down and rebuild.

Literally with one word, you’ve vaulted yourself into the running for post of the day. Congratulations!;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Where I think the sellers(Detroit) won that trade I think the buyers won this one.

The only way Philly gets a first is if Wentz is moderately successful because he won't be playing those snaps if he isn't.

Only giving up a 3rd this year and a late 2nd or a 1st next year for a starting QB is a steal.

Carson has to feel better mentally already but I would be getting a good sports psychologist on the horn to arrange a few sessions.

If Indy's line gives him the protection Phil the Thrill got he should have a  very good year.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Where I think the sellers(Detroit) won that trade I think the buyers won this one.

The only way Philly gets a first is if Wentz is moderately successful because he won't be playing those snaps if he isn't.

Only giving up a 3rd this year and a late 2nd or a 1st next year for a starting QB is a steal.

Carson has to feel better mentally already but I would be getting a good sports psychologist on the horn to arrange a few sessions.

If Indy's line gives him the protection Phil the Thrill got he should have a  very good year.

Much of that has to do with Wentz being as adept at calling protections as Rivers was. Rivers was seldom fooled by anything defenses did. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, prissythecat said:

The Eagles are likely going to be bringing in another QB option.       Hurts isn't much of a threat passing

He had over 300 passing yards in 2 of his 4 starts, something Allen didn’t get until this year. I do think they bring in another qb but he definitely had some good moments on a crappy Philly offense.  I think they can win with him. He’s a gamer. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had over 300 passing yards in 2 of his 4 starts, something Allen didn’t get until this year. I do think they bring in another qb but he definitely had some good moments on a crappy Philly offense.  I think they can win with him. He’s a gamer. 

Perhaps.  But I recall EJ also being labeled as a gamer...

5 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Perhaps.  But I recall EJ also being labeled as a gamer...

As someone who defended EJ (I liked his makeup and thoughts he was developed terrible here), he never came close to doing what Hurts did in college. Dude was very good for Oklahoma and was an upgrade to Wentz last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I liked him at times, but the biggest question for them is if they like him more than what they can get at 6. I don’t really see Hurts being more or less a sure thing than say, Fields or Lance, so I’d probably stick with Hurts and try and get someone who can help him. 

That being said- that whole team is a trash fire these days.

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I liked him at times, but the biggest question for them is if they like him more than what they can get at 6. I don’t really see Hurts being more or less a sure thing than say, Fields or Lance, so I’d probably stick with Hurts and try and get someone who can help him. 

Lance and Fields both have better chances to be good NFL Quarterbacks than Hurts. And I say that as someone who liked Jalen Hurts more than most coming out. 

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

For sure. I actually I was worried about Hurts as a nfl guy but he had some really good moments passing the ball and the Eagles have one of the worst receiving cores in the league. But if you think Fields or Lance has higher upside, you gotta take them. If I was running, I work commit to Hurts for a year and upgrade the team around him before moving on. 

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For sure. I actually I was worried about Hurts as a nfl guy but he had some really good moments passing the ball and the Eagles have one of the worst receiving cores in the league. But if you think Fields or Lance has higher upside, you gotta take them. If I was running, I work commit to Hurts for a year and upgrade the team around him before moving on. 

I was not impressed by Hurts this year. I also could care less about 300 yard games; Gardner Minshew had two in his first season, as did Nick Freakin' Mullens. Christ, Mullens threw for over 400 yards in 1 game in his rookie season. Yet both of those guys are career backups who were also clearly inferior players to the Josh Allen of 2019.  Anyway, I really question Hurts's accuracy. I doubt the Eagles see him as the answer either, but they're kinda stuck because they're not going to get a qb they want at the #6 slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As someone who defended EJ (I liked his makeup and thoughts he was developed terrible here), he never came close to doing what Hurts did in college. Dude was very good for Oklahoma and was an upgrade to Wentz last year. 

EJ was my last attempt at a bills jersey. 

• Haha (+1) 1