Carson Wentz to the Colts

Brennan Huff

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless he gets hurt (likely based on history)

For a chance at a 1st, you might see Irsay push him out onto the field in a wheelchair if thats what it takes.

Nevermind, Im an idiot and had that backwards.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

For those wondering why Indy had to give up so little look no further than the contract they have to inherit with Wentz. He signed an extension that kicks in this year for $128 million, with $70 million guaranteed.

He will count 35 million this year against Indy’s cap. That could really handcuff them if he blows up in their faces.

Yeah, it's a gamble. They can, as I understand the contract, walk away after this year with a $24 million dead cap hit, which would put them in a big hole for 2022, after which they'd be back in business but with a lot of other big contracts coming due. So Reich had better hope that he can turn Wentz around or he's probably looking for a new job.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It also includes a 2nd next year that turns Into a first of We to plays 75% of the snaps next year.  So it’s more than just a 3rd and that’s a pretty good return considering how bad the risks are with his contract and injury history, not to mention how poorly he’s played pretty much every game since he got hurt during his one good season.  

I doubt they let him play that much if he sucks.

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Carson went to the Colts.

Carson has gone to the Colts.

'Wentz' is not good grammar, even if you think it's 'fly'. 🧐

Wow knowing some outdated grammatical nitpick really shows how much smarter you are then every one else.  IQ and grammar are absolutely identical! 🙄

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Amazing. I think in retrospect those will be viewed as the years of the great QB drought. Colt McCoy is the only QB taken in the 2010 draft who is still playing, and barely at that.

Yeah between the arrival of Brady, Mannings, Big Ben, and Rodgers and the recent influx there has been what 1 additional franchise QB in Russel Wilson. It does seem we're finally getting a new influx just as the last one is fading away.

Good.

Trading a 3rd rd pick for a qb that has great upside and a contract they can cut after next season isn’t a reach.  I think it’s actually good value considering Reich is the one guy that might be able to turn him around.  

luckily for us, If wentz doesn’t completely reinvent himself, the colts should be out of the picture in 2021.  A season in which they could’ve made some waves imo.

When they cut him after next year, maybe he can become the backup to 17

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, Process said:

Colts have a really good o line and a ton of cap space. If they get him a Top WR or two in FA I can see him being pretty good again, and for them to be SB contenders. 

Colts are ready to roll.

Competent QB play and in Bills Wild Card Game and they would have post 40+ on Bills Defense that day.

They are ready to give KC a run.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. I thought if they traded for Darnold there was a chance he could develop nicely there and they’d be a really good team and possible SB contender..... I don’t see it with Wentz. Still think they’ll be a good team but I don’t think he’s any good. 

I can agree there. I dont think Darnold is completely finished or beyond repair either.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was never worried about the Colts. We already handled them in the playoffs, and they werent going to find a QB better than Rivers this year.

Handled is a poor choice of words imo.  We scraped that game out.  Their offense had their way with our defense.  

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Well there it is.  Colts ready to roll.

Comeback Player of the Year for 2021 - Carson Wentz and probably a AFC Championship loss to Kansas City Chiefs.

Nah...

Colts could have beat the Bills in the wildcard game with a better QB taking them down the  field on that last drive..

Thankfully Wentz is not that better QB...

Good move for the Bills...

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Colts are ready to roll.

Competent QB play and in Bills Wild Card Game and they would have post 40+ on Bills Defense that day.

They are ready to give KC a run.

I agree. If they add a top WR and wentz ends up being good, they are ready to win a superbowl now. 

Colts-Bills-chiefs- browns are all damn good teams. Next year should be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I can agree there. I dont think Darnold is completely finished or beyond repair either.

I don't believe in either of them, but I'd take Darnold over Wentz in a heartbeat, especially with that contract...Wentz is a mess 

• Like (+1) 1