Cap will be no less than 180 million

BillsMafi$

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm not supy cap savvy, but why don't they know an exact number at this point? 

Believe they are about to sign huge TV deals that will likely effect things but might not have them done until March.

10 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

That's going to be the hard part, I work at a hospital, and we see how bad CV19 is and we still have STAFF who aren't taking the vaccine. They don't want those pesky 5g microchips in them.

But they’ve had the opportunity to get it!

10 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

That's going to be the hard part, I work at a hospital, and we see how bad CV19 is and we still have STAFF who aren't taking the vaccine. They don't want those pesky 5g microchips in them.

I get some people's reservations about side effects from a vaccine, maybe if you are able to work from home and can limit your exposure you can wait a few months to see if there are side effects to the general population, but hospital workers not taking the vaccine is just baffling. 

19 hours ago, Estro said:

I believe it was $198M cap this year, and it was believed this year was going to be around $215M(before Covid hit) in '21.....so you're talking about $30-$35M gone for teams budget. 

Going to see a ton of quality vets released, just think of how many we are about to release.  As much as JJ Watt excites me, this might be the year to be really disciplined with your available FA dollars.  Guys like Vernon Butler, Quinton Jefferson & Mario Addison who all got close to $10M AAV last yr in FA might be lucky to get 60% of that value in FA this yr., IMO.

BTW last year we handed out $14M in cash to Addison, $8.5M in cash to Jefferson & $8.37M in cash to Butler.  Nearly $31M that's pretty gross, compared to the production we got out of them.  Couple that with the $7M we blew by keeping Trent Murphy on the roster and you start to realize we floundered a ton of cap space on some really bad moves in yhr '20 offseason.  

Hoping this years FA period is much more fruitful.

Yes, very disappointing. Although, a lot of us were very optimistic when we signed these players. Star Lotuleilei's opt-out was not foreseen and really messed things up.

I had no issues with keeping Murphy. Many of us figured this would be his final year with the Bills and we hoped he would make it a good one. Didn't happen.

There is definitely some fixing that needs to happen on the D-Line, but let's not forget that despite all the rough performances by our defense, we were one game away from the Super Bowl. That's really amazing.

Edited by Mark Vader

I’ll consider vaccination something we can talk about over the summer.  I know it relates to football, but can wait.

The real pertinent point is the tv contracts.  There are speculations from several sources the new contracts could happen soon.  I was accepting the $175, now $180 mil. floor.  If one of the large networks comes through we could see a lateral cap.  It’s dumbfounding how much they may need to pay for these contracts.  It’s estimated a 70% or more possible increase.  We’ll see. 

I'm happy if happens, but until it’s a yes, it’s we’ll see.