Colin Cowherd's QB Dominoes for the 2021 Off-Season

chongli

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's not saying much :D

Yeah, of all the possible QB moves out there, New England landing Mariota is a good thing for the Bills.

And why trade for mariota when you can just sign tyrod for cheaper.  If thats the route you want to go - basically similar to what you ran this year with cam but with a QB who has the arm to push it down the field and outside the hashes (old tyrod's bread and butter).

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Why don't you think they would? I understand the reasons it might not work out, but they can't really roll it back with Foles/Trubisky IMO.

Because I don't see him as an upgrade.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It's all plausible. But I do wonder why the Bears would be interested in Wentz. And NE going with a backup caliber QB is fine by me. I think Mariota is one of the better backups in the league, but he is not going to move the needle much for the Patriots, I don't think.

I think maybe the Patriots should take their medicine and go full rebuild and maybe draft a guy next year. Maybe getting Mariota helps achieve that, I don't know.

That would further tarnish Belicheat's legacy.  He needs to add a QB who can at least get the Cheaters back to the playoffs.  But short of landing Watson, and even then, that will be a hard task now.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It's all plausible. But I do wonder why the Bears would be interested in Wentz. And NE going with a backup caliber QB is fine by me. I think Mariota is one of the better backups in the league, but he is not going to move the needle much for the Patriots, I don't think.

I think maybe the Patriots should take their medicine and go full rebuild and maybe draft a guy next year. Maybe getting Mariota helps achieve that, I don't know.

Does Bill really want to stick around for a full rebuild and double digit losses that likely entails, further diminishing his “mystique” while developing an unproven draft pick? Not saying he wouldn’t, I just could see him more likely falling into the Bills’ drought trap of middling the QB position with journeymen/bridge QB’s who will heroically march the team to no worse than 7-9 or maybe 8-8? 

I don’t think Wentz wants to go to the Bears , I think he prefers the Colts. The Bears are in such a bad place in every possible area of a football team. Bears fans really want the McCaskeys to sell the team but if that can’t happen a freak plane crash is the only thing that will save this franchise. The McCaskey family is on record saying they will own the team until the 2nd coming. It makes you thank god that we have the Pegulas as owners. They have embraced and invested in Buffalo and are very passionate about improving both pro teams.

56 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Does Bill really want to stick around for a full rebuild and double digit losses that likely entails, further diminishing his “mystique” while developing an unproven draft pick? Not saying he wouldn’t, I just could see him more likely falling into the Bills’ drought trap of middling the QB position with journeymen/bridge QB’s who will heroically march the team to no worse than 7-9 or maybe 8-8? 

As long as the luster comes off Belichick's reputation, I don’t care how it happens! Karma is a B-word, Billy! Pay the price for decades of cheating and nasty, arrogant behavior! 

I also pray the shuffling of the QB deck winds up with all the GOOD ones in the NFC!!!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Gotcha.

I cannot imagine any way that Chicago agrees with you there lol.

You might be holding onto the past too much. Wentz has seriously regressed. He threw 16 TD's and 15 INT's last year. Rating of 72.8. 

Trubisky has played better than that every single year of his career. He threw 16 TD's and only 8 INT's last year. Good for a 93.5 rating.

I do think Wentz would probably be marginally better, but no, he is not that much of an upgrade and the Bears would do well to look for someone better. Wentz isn't going to miraculously revive his career. You might as well stick with who you got and draft someone or try to trade for someone better.

I don't buy this not NFL ready nonsense that Cowherd is trying to sell.  They said that about Josh Allen and I believe that starting as a rookie was very important in his development.  I'd rather have a raw rookie learn on the job than sit on the bench.  Just look at the teams that tried to keep a rookie on the bench in favor of Tyrod.  Both Mayfield & Herbert thrived as rookies when the plan was to keep them on the bench. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't buy this not NFL ready nonsense that Cowherd is trying to sell.  They said that about Josh Allen and I believe that starting as a rookie was very important in his development.  I'd rather have a raw rookie learn on the job than sit on the bench.  Just look at the teams that tried to keep a rookie on the bench in favor of Tyrod.  Both Mayfield & Herbert thrived as rookies when the plan was to keep them on the bench. 

Worked out for KC and Mahomes tho.

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

You might be holding onto the past too much. Wentz has seriously regressed. He threw 16 TD's and 15 INT's last year. Rating of 72.8. 

Trubisky has played better than that every single year of his career. He threw 16 TD's and only 8 INT's last year. Good for a 93.5 rating.

I do think Wentz would probably be marginally better, but no, he is not that much of an upgrade and the Bears would do well to look for someone better. Wentz isn't going to miraculously revive his career. You might as well stick with who you got and draft someone or try to trade for someone better.

I wouldn't be so sure about that considering his OL and main offensive weapons weren't available for much of 2020.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/2020_injuries.htm

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

That might have played a part.  But the Eagles drafted his replacement prior to the season.

Not sure they saw Hurts as an immediate replacement but Wentz did himself no favors this past year. I may be in the minority, but I think he's got 

some good football left in him, especially behind a solid OL.