Did you play football, at any level?

Ray Stonada

Played on neighbors vacant lot when we were kids. Too small for HS ball. Graduated to flag beer league. One night, I was riding with a teammate in his Jaguar xke between bars. We slid into a ditch and I smashed my face and lost my glasses. Worst injury of my career. But we still made it to the next bar.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:41 PM, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

There were also multiple quality players in that time frame, tony dorsett and hugh greene just to name 2. Was he at the game against notre dame where dorsett went for 303?

I don't believe so. I checked the '75 roster (his Freshman year) and didn't see him listed. He hay have been redshirted or not travelling with the 'big boys'. 

So, I didn't play football, but I shot (at) alot of "footballers" overseas. Does that count?

Chuckle.

Actually, I did play thru JV, and I was a damn good scat back/WR. Still suck a** at the Xs and Os.

Thing is: I started martial arts at 8 yo and, when the time came to move to varsity, I had to make a commitment choice.

I chose the dojo--Shoto-kan and jui jitsu-- over the gridiron, and it ultimately served me well.

But, I honestly missed the team camaraderie...that is, until I got to shoot (uhhh, again, I will say "at") all those soccer players w my unit!

Good times.

I played from 5th - 12th grade. 

I played 1 year of Juco. 

Got injured in our final game and never played again. Besides with friends, fam , or flag football leagues. 

I never envisioned playing any higher than Juco. I'm 5'10 175 now. I was probably 165 in Juco, playing Free Safety 

Edited by JerseyBills

6 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't believe so. I checked the '75 roster (his Freshman year) and didn't see him listed. He hay have been redshirted or not travelling with the 'big boys'. 

I believe walk-ons would have only been in a game program, at least that was the case with me. Looks like it was a home game so he was probably there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1