PFF top 50 free agent signing predictions

BillsMafi$

So what's the deal with Ngakoue ?

Last year he wanted to be traded away from Jacksonville and they obliged by trading him to Minnesota. Before the leaves had all fallen from the trees, the Vikings trade him away to Baltimore. He didn't seem to do anything in Baltimore and they decide not to re-sign him. So what is Ngakoue's major malfunction ?

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

So what's the deal with Ngakoue ?

Last year he wanted to be traded away from Jacksonville and they obliged by trading him to Minnesota. Before the leaves had all fallen from the trees, the Vikings trade him away to Baltimore. He didn't seem to do anything in Baltimore and they decide not to re-sign him. So what is Ngakoue's major malfunction ?

Overhyped, overpaid, overvalued 

Anyplayer that plays with 3 teams in 2 years is a head case.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Likely the Bills will need to draft one of those positions, either LB or O-line.  I suppose it makes sense money wise to draft the LB as based on what I've read it would cost much more to sign Milano than Williams.  So with limited money sign the cheaper guy and draft the other one.  Admittedly it's a little riskier as asking a rookie LB to step in as a 3 down starter is a big ask on a team capable of competing for a SB.

I think Klein and Edmunds would likely hold down the starting LB spots if they lose Milano.    Klein is proven and played well last season.   Dodson and Matakevich(likely) will be back for depth as well.   Assuming they tender Boettger and keep Morse......If they lose the other 4 OL free agents they then only have the unproven Ryan Bates and the previously bad Cody Ford(and previously inactive Tre Adams) on hand to fill those spots so more likely they would need a rookie to become a starter there.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:23 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Do you move Ford back outside

RT is important for sure.  Assuming there is a training camp and no Williams, there would be a competition, with Ford or Bates being the projected starter.  Ty is UFA so they are thin on the OL for sure until they make moves.

The draft should continue to be BPA.  If that's an RT in round one or two, so be it.  But having a top LB or RB fall to them works too.

I'd expect there will be a couple vets on one-year deals available to fill in this year (it's an odd year salary-cap-wise), and they will be needed.

I know it doesn't really add anything to this conversation, but I think folks are underestimating the quality of FAs and cuts we'll be seeing this year. Obviously $ is somewhat tight, but with a handful of restructures (which can often benefit the player as well) we'll have some money to spend. Barring a major swing elsewhere, which doesn't feel overly likely, I very much doubt we'll be looking at backups and 3rd stringers to fill in starting spots when the dust settles... 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

If Allen had been drafted ahead of the Bills spot, they would have taken Rosen and most of us on this board would have been happy.

What's your source for information that the Bills were interested in Rosen?

I had heard that Mayfield and Rosen weren't on the Bills board, at least not as first round grades.

• Agree 1

Give me

JJ Watt

Darryl Williams

Jon Feliciano 

Mitchell Trubisky

Think Watt could explode for a monster year and his tag isn’t as steep and our investment is noncommittal.

Darryl Williams and Jon Feliciano should be retained. Both are solid players and bring stability to the OL. No brainer, bring them back.

Mitchell Trubisky would be a great two year rental. Can be rehabilitated, can become a starter in this league. Daboll and Dorsey can help this kid out, would be a very good option behind Allen. Deal him for picks in the future. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's your source for information that the Bills were interested in Rosen?

I had heard that Mayfield and Rosen weren't on the Bills board, at least not as first round grades.

Weren't on the board by draft day. They loved Allen and Darnold. It was all about those two. 

• Like (+1) 1