PFF top 50 free agent signing predictions

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

They actually think a team will pay Newton 5 million.   

Check this prediction out:

17. QB RYAN FITZPATRICK

Prediction: Miami Dolphins — one year, $10 million (fully guaranteed)

Keeping Fitzpatrick around for another year to help guide Tua Tagovailoa is a sensible step for the Dolphins to take. And in the event Fitzpatrick is needed on the field for Miami, he has proven he can make the team competitive. Over the past two years, he ranks 18th in passing grade and seventh in positively graded throw rate. Considering the Dolphins' lowly offensive line and average-at-best receiving unit, that’s quite impressive.

Tagovailoa still has a lot to prove before we can confidently say he is going to be a franchise quarterback. He finished his rookie year with a 63.9 passing grade, well below the marks of fellow first-round quarterbacks Joe Burrow (74.3) and Justin Herbert (78.6). He struggled to hit shots downfield, producing a league-low big-time throw rate (2.1%). Again, it’s too early to write Tagovailoa off from being a quality starter, but Year 1 did not go as expected.

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Why does everyone project us signing 3-4 Outside Linebackers?   We got pushed around in the Championship game, and the answer is to sign a 6'2 246 pound Edge Rusher to play Defensive End in an even front defense?   I wouldn't count on it.

If you want to sign a 3-4 OLB to a big deal, bypass Yannick and go get Bud Dupree from Pittsburgh.  The guy actually has some size.

Dupree coming off a torn ACL

How does a list of the top 50 free agents not project anyone signing with the Patriots? The Patriots have a TON of cap space and have a fairly strong record of impact signings over the course of the Belichick era: Gilmore, Revis, Rodney Harrison, Seau, Adalius Thomas, and Roosevelt Colvin (plus others like Shawn Springs).   

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

They actually think a team will pay Newton 5 million.   

$5 million for a better-than-average backup isn't that crazy at all. That's what Newton is at this point. He's more likely to win you a game than, say, Matt Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

How does a list of the top 50 free agents not project anyone signing with the Patriots? The Patriots have a TON of cap space and have a fairly strong record of impact signings over the course of the Belichick era: Gilmore, Revis, Rodney Harrison, Seau, Adalius Thomas, and Roosevelt Colvin (plus others like Shawn Springs).   

$5 million for a better-than-average backup isn't that crazy at all. That's what Newton is at this point. He's more likely to win you a game than, say, Matt Barkley. 

If the money makes sense I would like to see the Bills bring back Fitz. He is better than Barkley and Fromm. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

After watching him with the Patriots I will be absolutely floored if he is on a team next year. 

He is better than most backup qbs in the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the money makes sense I would like to see the Bills bring back Fitz. He is better than Barkley and Fromm. 

Fitzpatrick will be starting somewhere. There aren't 32 QBs who are better than him. The Bills can't afford him.

• Like (+1) 2

This is pretty much a dream scenario for me. I've been pounding the table to get Yannick Ngakoue on this team since last offseason.

As much as I want Watt, Ngakoue is the better signing for our team. We need to get YOUNGER at DE, and Ngakoue takes us that direction while Watt definitely does not.

Happy to re-sign Williams and let Milano walk.

55 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He is better than most backup qbs in the NFL. 

Fitzpatrick will be starting somewhere. There aren't 32 QBs who are better than him. The Bills can't afford him.

He fits as a backup for a few teams mainly the Ravens. I think if the Ravens don’t sign him as a backup no team will. He was a FA for a long time and I really didn’t expect him to get signed. Now that he had a horrid year with the Patriots I expected even less teams to look at him. I would honestly bet 2,000$ that if Barkley or Fromm were with the Patriots they would have better numbers than Newton’s epic bad season.

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The patriots are no longer  a destination team, no big time free agent wants to go to a rebuild team with no QB, no receivers etc etc.  Belichicks reputation is not a draw anymore, that team is in a quandary with no fix in sight. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

When you have teams that draft Rosen, think Tua is a franchise QB, and will fight for Wentz... Seems doable.

Glass houses my friend....

If Allen had been drafted ahead of the Bills spot, they would have taken Rosen and most of us on this board would have been happy.  He was my number 2 after Allen but he was many people's first choice.

Also this franchise signed a guy that quit at halftime and started Peterman more than once.  

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The patriots are no longer  a destination team, no big time free agent wants to go to a rebuild team with no QB, no receivers etc etc.  Belichicks reputation is not a draw anymore, that team is in a quandary with no fix in sight. 

Interesting take.  I think guys chase money more than they care about winning.  If the Patriots trade for Ryan or Garoppolo they will be in the mix for a WC spot next year. They had the most number of COVID opt-outs last year and they were still competitive in most games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Glass houses my friend....

If Allen had been drafted ahead of the Bills spot, they would have taken Rosen and most of us on this board would have been happy.  He was my number 2 after Allen but he was many people's first choice.

Also this franchise signed a guy that quit at halftime and started Peterman more than once.  

Interesting take.  I think guys chase money more than they care about winning.  If the Patriots trade for Ryan or Garoppolo they will be in the mix for a WC spot next year. They had the most number of COVID opt-outs last year and they were still competitive in most games.  

I don't think they ever would have taken Rosen.

Also wtf about glass houses? All I did was show giving Newton 5million was not far fetched with everything else that happens.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

After watching him with the Patriots I will be absolutely floored if he is on a team next year. 

Not one skill player on the Patriots would make the Bills team.  Collectively they may be worse than the 2018 Bills skill players.  You may be correct about Newton's shoulder. It may be shot entirely.  It is so hard to know.  

The question will be is Newton willing to sign with a team where the starting job is up for grabs?  Or will he only go to a team like the 2020 patriots that had no other option at QB? Colts come to mind as a playoff team with no answer at QB right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

I don't think they ever would have taken Rosen.

Neither of us know.  All we know is McD passed on Mahommes and Beane traded a ton of draft capital to go from 12 to 7. If the Cardinals traded to get to 7 and take Allen as was reported at the time, my guess is Beane takes Rosen over Jackson.  

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Neither of us know.  All we know is McD passed on Mahommes and Beane traded a ton of draft capital to go from 12 to 7. If the Cardinals traded to get to 7 and take Allen as was reported at the time, my guess is Beane takes Rosen over Jackson.  

Well aren't we all glad we don't need to wonder whether or not your guess is accurate?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He fits as a backup for a few teams mainly the Ravens. I think if the Ravens don’t sign him as a backup no team will. He was a FA for a long time and I really didn’t expect him to get signed. Now that he had a horrid year with the Patriots I expected even less teams to look at him. I would honestly bet 2,000$ that if Barkley or Fromm were with the Patriots they would have better numbers than Newton’s epic bad season.

I’d bet this. What are the terms? 

Newton was really bad but it wasn’t too long people were saying Brady was washed up in NE. That is a bottom 3 offensive group. 

and even in an epic bad year, Newton’s numbers across the board are better than Barkley’s career numbers.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

Edited by C.Biscuit97