Position Group least in need of a move

CB seems like the most solid positon group on the team right now. If they bring back Levi, I don’t see a need to do anything else at CB except address the bottom of the roster. If Norman wants another year at vet minimum that would be fine too but I'm comfortable with White, Wallace, Johnson, Jackson as the top 4.  Assuming Norman leaves then add any UDFA that maybe has some return abilities ( my off season has them letting Roberts go and using cheap rookies as return guys) and another veteran minimum guy that is all they need. I think they carried 6 DBs most of last year. 

For the record, I'd be fine if they drafted a safety this year in the mid-rounds as the heir apparent for Hyde in 2022.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I actually see CB as a rather large need.... I think an upgrade to Levi would be very important, and I'm not sure Jackson showed enough to be penciled in as the starter... Levi vs. Dane competing in camp isn't the end of the world, but it would be good to improve that. 

I also disagree about having cheap rookies return kicks. We tried that for a couple years with Ray-Ray and McKenzie. That's why we signed Roberts. Not saying Roberts needs to be the guy, but I would prefer they have a vet plan for returner. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Least in need of a move... 🤔

I’m thinking the receivers, we have five ( Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, and McKenzie that are not in need of replacement, and one Hodgins, that was red shirted and in theory ready for the up coming season, plus Williams and Gentry, A good group imo. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I agree with not needing to do much w Special team, WR, and QB.  But I think there will be small tweaks.

As for CBs, I would put them up there but I have never been comfortable with L Wallace.  I didn't quite understand the cutting of EJ Gaines.  I thought he was going to win the starting job.

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I agree with not needing to do much w Special team, WR, and QB.  But I think there will be small tweaks.

As for CBs, I would put them up there but I have never been comfortable with L Wallace.  I didn't quite understand the cutting of EJ Gaines.  I thought he was going to win the starting job.

Gaines?

I'm not confident he even exists.

• Haha (+1) 2

If they resign Milano I don't see a huge need at LB. WR could be the same group and be just fine next year (especially with John Brown and Cole Beasley healthy), though they might want to consider adding a bigger, strong WR at some point in the future.

I know many think that TE is a huge need, but I value that position less than many of the others we need, so I'll say if we take the same unit into next year I will be just fine with that, as long as they beef up the oline and fix the run game.

Biggest needs I see on defense are a run stuffing DT (preferably someone better than Star), Edge Rusher, and #2 CB. On offense it's all about the running game, so draft the best, most talented RB you can and invest more in the offensive line. And Daboll better be doing his homework this off-season to improve the run scheme.

29 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Corner may not top the list, but attention is needed.

OL and DL need the most attention, imo.

OL and DL make every other group better. We have the QB, now win the trenches. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Gaines?

I'm not confident he even exists.

The mythical Gaines was brought in along with J Norman (and drafting of Jackson) to shore up the weak point of the defense - L Wallace CB2.

Gaines was under a million bucks, and when on the field, a good CB.  Thought they would jettison Norman and go with Gaines.  He must of been a bad boy during covid.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

CB seems like the most solid positon group on the team right now. If they bring back Levi, I don’t see a need to do anything else at CB except address the bottom of the roster. If Norman wants another year at vet minimum that would be fine too but I'm comfortable with White, Wallace, Johnson, Jackson as the top 4.  Assuming Norman leaves then add any UDFA that maybe has some return abilities ( my off season has them letting Roberts go and using cheap rookies as return guys) and another veteran minimum guy that is all they need. I think they carried 6 DBs most of last year. 

For the record, I'd be fine if they drafted a safety this year in the mid-rounds as the heir apparent for Hyde in 2022.

What if Safety or CB is clearly the BPA at #30?

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I actually see CB as a rather large need.... I think an upgrade to Levi would be very important, and I'm not sure Jackson showed enough to be penciled in as the starter... Levi vs. Dane competing in camp isn't the end of the world, but it would be good to improve that. 

I also disagree about having cheap rookies return kicks. We tried that for a couple years with Ray-Ray and McKenzie. That's why we signed Roberts. Not saying Roberts needs to be the guy, but I would prefer they have a vet plan for returner. 

Pass rush will cure CB issues 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1