Could the Bills be looking to incorporate a Thug OL?

Tipster19

On 2/17/2021 at 7:58 AM, Mr. WEO said:

so they swap out Morse for someone else, keep the rest and--presto--they are suddenly a bunch of tough guys?

lol 

Could the Bills be looking to build a thug offensive line by keeping all the same pieces and maybe adding a thug or two???? Could Beane and his scouts be scouring the nation looking for THUGS???  Did OP start this thread just to type THUGS before offering his special brand of baseless speculation?  Bills THUGS-n Oline-play.  Kim Pegula is thug Lovin' in 2021.  THUGS only. Non-thugs need not apply. 

Is this thread a racist dog whistle like I'm told every other use of the term thug is? Penny for your THUGS on the matter.  

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Could the Bills be looking to build a thug offensive line by keeping all the same pieces and maybe adding a thug or two???? Could Beane and his scouts be scouring the nation looking for THUGS???  Did OP start this thread just to type THUGS before offering his special brand of baseless speculation?  Bills THUGS-n Oline-play.  Kim Pegula is thug Lovin' in 2021.  THUGS only. Non-thugs need not apply. 

Is this thread a racist dog whistle like I'm told every other use of the term thug is? Penny for your THUGS on the matter.  

I would risk another 1 day suspension, should I answer this directly....

• Agree 1

On 2/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, Tipster19 said:

I think so. If the the defenses isn’t physical, and they’re not, they why not make the OL the tough guys? The capabilities are there. Get rid of Morse while you can and make Feliciano the Center. Not only could the Bills save some $$$ in a cash strapped year but they’ll also strengthen a physicality to the OL.

Having Cody Ford coming back this year will only reinforce that concept. Keep Cody at Guard and the ShnowMan showed me something in the AFC Championship game. He stepped up as a tough guy when KC was getting a bit chippy with Josh. I didn’t know if he had it in him but I don’t question that now. 

I don’t know enough about D. Williams or Ike but it wouldn’t surprise me if Williams bought into this concept. Either way having 2, possible 3, physical OL would be more than enough to send a message to defenses. I’d like to see another bad ass at the Guard position to solidify this. Someone like the Giants’ OG Will Hernandez would be a perfect compliment to this concept. Does anyone know if there’s someone out there, whether be by draft, trade or FA, like Hernandez?

Do you endorse thug behavior on the football field?

On 2/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, Niagara Dude said:

Ford looks like a bust,  i know most get upset hearing this but he is not very good.  Wasted pick,

Could be, but at this point his contract is palatable. Think you add a couple guys in the draft and let them compete. Can typically find good IL prospects in the bottom of second and top of the third.

Good tackle prospects are hard to come by unless you take one in the first or top of the second. Think you re-sign Daryl Williams and add an interior lineman in the second. Should be loaded with talent, although thinner at tackle than we’d like. Hopefully we can add a project to groom behind Dawkins and Williams.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, somnus00 said:

I love Feliciano's attitude. But I don't love his play.

We can save a lot of money by restructuring Morse. D. Williams should be the priority free agent to retain for the Bills. Then we will probably draft a guard in the high / mid rounds of the draft. If they can sign a good free agent to act as a bridge or competition for Ford and Boettger, that would be great.

I really think we're realistically looking at Dawkins / FA / Morse / Ford / Williams as the starting line next year. With Bates, Boettger, another FA, and rookie as backups.

Why dont you like Felicianos’ play? Versatile lineman that had an incredible year. What am I missing? Ford has been epically bad imo but he gets a pass- year 3 he needs to step up. Morse is good in pass protection but subpar in run blocking.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

I like the idea of drafting Wyatt Davis, especially if we sign JJ.  Dawkins and Davis my key lineman in future years, I'd build around those 2.

Then draft TE, RB, LB, S, CB, Edge

Yes!  Though I'd change up your draft order a bit:  LB, TE, S, CB, Edge (if Watt is a Bill, if not, then 3rd round), then take a late flier on a RB.

14 hours ago, Beerball said:

Do you endorse thug behavior on the football field?

Ok, I misused the description of what I meant. What I was trying to get across was I’d like to see the OL to be tough physical players, not thugs, gangsters or anything that has criminal elements in their play, I misspoke.

On 2/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, Tipster19 said:

I think so. If the the defenses isn’t physical, and they’re not, they why not make the OL the tough guys? The capabilities are there. Get rid of Morse while you can and make Feliciano the Center. Not only could the Bills save some $$$ in a cash strapped year but they’ll also strengthen a physicality to the OL.

Having Cody Ford coming back this year will only reinforce that concept. Keep Cody at Guard and the ShnowMan showed me something in the AFC Championship game. He stepped up as a tough guy when KC was getting a bit chippy with Josh. I didn’t know if he had it in him but I don’t question that now. 

I don’t know enough about D. Williams or Ike but it wouldn’t surprise me if Williams bought into this concept. Either way having 2, possible 3, physical OL would be more than enough to send a message to defenses. I’d like to see another bad ass at the Guard position to solidify this. Someone like the Giants’ OG Will Hernandez would be a perfect compliment to this concept. Does anyone know if there’s someone out there, whether be by draft, trade or FA, like Hernandez?

I absolutely understand what you’re getting at. I do think it’s important. We need a better OL and we need a more violent and aggressive front seven. In my mind, you go pass rush at #30. At #61 I think you can do a myriad of different things here. Could go DT, could go LB, could go corner even. Need more OL help for sure, but shall we cut Morse or let Feliciano and Williams walk when our defensive front seven is in tatters? I think not. At this point we are begging for Ford to turn into a big nasty guard. Could add depth on the OL RDs 3-7.