Could the Bills be looking to incorporate a Thug OL?

Tipster19

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I think so. If the the defenses isn’t physical, and they’re not, they why not make the OL the tough guys? The capabilities are there. Get rid of Morse while you can and make Feliciano the Center. Not only could the Bills save some $$$ in a cash strapped year but they’ll also strengthen a physicality to the OL.

Having Cody Ford coming back this year will only reinforce that concept. Keep Cody at Guard and the ShnowMan showed me something in the AFC Championship game. He stepped up as a tough guy when KC was getting a bit chippy with Josh. I didn’t know if he had it in him but I don’t question that now. 

I don’t know enough about D. Williams or Ike but it wouldn’t surprise me if Williams bought into this concept. Either way having 2, possible 3, physical OL would be more than enough to send a message to defenses. I’d like to see another bad ass at the Guard position to solidify this. Someone like the Giants’ OG Will Hernandez would be a perfect compliment to this concept. Does anyone know if there’s someone out there, whether be by draft, trade or FA, like Hernandez?

Don’t forget a thug or 2 on D who won’t be afraid to beat the crap out of QBs when necessary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I think so. If the the defenses isn’t physical, and they’re not, they why not make the OL the tough guys? The capabilities are there. Get rid of Morse while you can and make Feliciano the Center. Not only could the Bills save some $$$ in a cash strapped year but they’ll also strengthen a physicality to the OL.

Having Cody Ford coming back this year will only reinforce that concept. Keep Cody at Guard and the ShnowMan showed me something in the AFC Championship game. He stepped up as a tough guy when KC was getting a bit chippy with Josh. I didn’t know if he had it in him but I don’t question that now. 

I don’t know enough about D. Williams or Ike but it wouldn’t surprise me if Williams bought into this concept. Either way having 2, possible 3, physical OL would be more than enough to send a message to defenses. I’d like to see another bad ass at the Guard position to solidify this. Someone like the Giants’ OG Will Hernandez would be a perfect compliment to this concept. Does anyone know if there’s someone out there, whether be by draft, trade or FA, like Hernandez?

You seem to be somehow confusing "stepping up as a tough guy" or being an enforcer, with being a physical OL.

Other teams get paid.  Their front 7 are strong and physical. 

Therefore, technique matters.

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Ford looks like a bust,  i know most get upset hearing this but he is not very good.  Wasted pick,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, somnus00 said:

I love Feliciano's attitude. But I don't love his play.

We can save a lot of money by restructuring Morse. D. Williams should be the priority free agent to retain for the Bills. Then we will probably draft a guard in the high / mid rounds of the draft. If they can sign a good free agent to act as a bridge or competition for Ford and Boettger, that would be great.

I really think we're realistically looking at Dawkins / FA / Morse / Ford / Williams as the starting line next year. With Bates, Boettger, another FA, and rookie as backups.

I'm not sold on Ford and to save cap room I'd take an OG in the one of the top 3 rounds of the draft. Ideally Wyatt Davis in Round 1.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

Deonte brown

A mountain  of a man

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Do kids in Alabama and other schools not have names? I don't get why people say "kid from..." all the time. Do you really not know his name?

Deonte brown

6 hours ago, colin said:

ok, that was funny but also true.

i think one single nasty talented G makes our whole OL much better, with the biggest benefit in the run game.  im pretty sure a guy like that should be available late in the first in the draft.  dawkins, nasty rook, mongo, ford, williams could work out to be a solid physical line.  pick up an actual NFL RB to work w moss, and you got yourself a stew goin'

Ritchie blew huge holes open for Shady...

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm pretty sure Fat Joe could play center.  You just can't ask him to pull or move.

image.png.05bb3ecb51b03c1f4373ae9c026f7af2.png

If we signed him we could rename the OL the Terror Squad.

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just keeping with the narrative...thug/mafia?

could have said "Enforcer"

8 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Ford looks like a bust,  i know most get upset hearing this but he is not very good.  Wasted pick,

I respect you’re opinion ND, I just don’t know.  They kept flip flopping him between tackle and guard that this year to me will be telling.  If healthy and only at guard, if he’s a bust, ok, move on.  I just think they weren’t sure where to place him until hurt.  You might be right.  My guess is they will evaluate in 2021 and then make a decision, whether starter, backup, ps, or cut.

I love me some Denzel Good from the Raiders . He finally got a chance to play last yr and was very good. He won't cost much from what the projections are 6mil per season. He can play RG or RT and is a massive man 6'5 340lbs . I don't know if he's a thug but I do know he's great at opening holes in the running . 

LT-Dawkins

LG- Ford

C-Feliciano

RG-Good

RT- Williams 

9 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Deonte brown

I am skeptical of Deonte. He weighed in at 364 in the Senior Bowl. 

Imo, one of the biggest leaps from college to the NFL is offensive line play.  In college, a guy like Deonte can maul other kids and flatten them. In the NFL, every defender is strong and fast. Some of these guys would be past him before he gets out of his stance. Others would get him off balance and tip him over. 

Now, could he lose 30 or so pounds, get in better shape, and make an impact? I suppose but I'm not in a position to say.

Meanwhile, as the poem says, "Visions of Mike Williams dance in my head."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am skeptical of Deonte. He weighed in at 364 in the Senior Bowl. 

Imo, one of the biggest leaps from college to the NFL is offensive line play.  In college, a guy like Deonte can maul other kids and flatten them. In the NFL, every defender is strong and fast. Some of these guys would be past him before he gets out of his stance. Others would get him off balance and tip him over. 

Now, could he lose 30 or so pounds, get in better shape, and make an impact? I suppose but I'm not in a position to say.

Meanwhile, as the poem says, "Visions of Mike Williams dance in my head."

He is a day 3 flier at best for me for exactly those reasons. The defensive linemen he is going to be facing week in and week out in the NFL have a lot more fast twitch and will be past him before he has lumbered up out of his stance and got his hands on them. I suspect he will end up with a LOT of holding penalties as a result. Although if the NFL is going to be as lax with holding moving forward as it was this past season maybe that should worry me less. Just not my kind of prospect at all and I actually think he will go a lot lower than people expect. I have seen a lot of people with round 2 grades on him but I'd be shocked if he goes before late round 3.

16 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Thug was the best you could come up with?

11 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm not sold on Ford and to save cap room I'd take an OG in the one of the top 3 rounds of the draft. Ideally Wyatt Davis in Round 1.

Should've kept Wyatt Teller.

Edited by ColeB
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I love the idea of a tough guy OL, but would have liked Felicanio to step up by playing well v. Jones.