Could the Bills be looking to incorporate a Thug OL?

Tipster19

I think so. If the the defenses isn’t physical, and they’re not, they why not make the OL the tough guys? The capabilities are there. Get rid of Morse while you can and make Feliciano the Center. Not only could the Bills save some $$$ in a cash strapped year but they’ll also strengthen a physicality to the OL.

Having Cody Ford coming back this year will only reinforce that concept. Keep Cody at Guard and the ShnowMan showed me something in the AFC Championship game. He stepped up as a tough guy when KC was getting a bit chippy with Josh. I didn’t know if he had it in him but I don’t question that now. 

I don’t know enough about D. Williams or Ike but it wouldn’t surprise me if Williams bought into this concept. Either way having 2, possible 3, physical OL would be more than enough to send a message to defenses. I’d like to see another bad ass at the Guard position to solidify this. Someone like the Giants’ OG Will Hernandez would be a perfect compliment to this concept. Does anyone know if there’s someone out there, whether be by draft, trade or FA, like Hernandez?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I love Feliciano's attitude. But I don't love his play.

We can save a lot of money by restructuring Morse. D. Williams should be the priority free agent to retain for the Bills. Then we will probably draft a guard in the high / mid rounds of the draft. If they can sign a good free agent to act as a bridge or competition for Ford and Boettger, that would be great.

I really think we're realistically looking at Dawkins / FA / Morse / Ford / Williams as the starting line next year. With Bates, Boettger, another FA, and rookie as backups.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

bring back Richie Incognito!

ok, that was funny but also true.

i think one single nasty talented G makes our whole OL much better, with the biggest benefit in the run game.  im pretty sure a guy like that should be available late in the first in the draft.  dawkins, nasty rook, mongo, ford, williams could work out to be a solid physical line.  pick up an actual NFL RB to work w moss, and you got yourself a stew goin'

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

I think so. If the the defenses isn’t physical, and they’re not, they why not make the OL the tough guys? The capabilities are there. Get rid of Morse while you can and make Feliciano the Center. Not only could the Bills save some $$$ in a cash strapped year but they’ll also strengthen a physicality to the OL.

Having Cody Ford coming back this year will only reinforce that concept. Keep Cody at Guard and the ShnowMan showed me something in the AFC Championship game. He stepped up as a tough guy when KC was getting a bit chippy with Josh. I didn’t know if he had it in him but I don’t question that now. 

I don’t know enough about D. Williams or Ike but it wouldn’t surprise me if Williams bought into this concept. Either way having 2, possible 3, physical OL would be more than enough to send a message to defenses. I’d like to see another bad ass at the Guard position to solidify this. Someone like the Giants’ OG Will Hernandez would be a perfect compliment to this concept. Does anyone know if there’s someone out there, whether be by draft, trade or FA, like Hernandez?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/wyatt-davis/RqKFMpqYjD

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

The kid from Alabama  would due the trick he is a road grader in more ways than one.

Which one?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alex-leatherwood/3DhRvgRBmc

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report--iol-landon-dickerson

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deonte-brown

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

The kid from Alabama  would due the trick he is a road grader in more ways than one.

Do kids in Alabama and other schools not have names? I don't get why people say "kid from..." all the time. Do you really not know his name?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

I assume he’s talking about Deonte Brown since he’s a massive man who might be the heaviest guy in the draft. 

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

I love Feliciano's attitude. But I don't love his play.

We can save a lot of money by restructuring Morse. D. Williams should be the priority free agent to retain for the Bills. Then we will probably draft a guard in the high / mid rounds of the draft. If they can sign a good free agent to act as a bridge or competition for Ford and Boettger, that would be great.

I really think we're realistically looking at Dawkins / FA / Morse / Ford / Williams as the starting line next year. With Bates, Boettger, another FA, and rookie as backups.

Wasn't his best year, but Feliciano was a large part of the exceptional time to throw for Josh this year - speaking strictly on his assignments in pass pro and handling line communications/stunts. That said, agreed DWill should be the priority OL signing this offseason, bar none. As much as Feliciano helped keep our interior together, DWill was a man alone on the right island holding court with every DE this past season.

Our interior is where we were weakest, particularly in the run game with Morse and Ike. Love both, but could see investment there being most prudent should we be able to retain both Feliciano and DWill. Wouldn't hate seeing us use #30 on OG/C, and hope Ford can return healthy. Despite the general consensus, I think Ford can excel next to either of Dawkins or DWill, and allow him to let loose more on run blocks. If we can draft and/or FA more interior talent, that would be my ideal offseason in all honesty. Won't need to do much to the RB corps with a line upgrade like that.

• Agree 1

Oh my god, is someone trying to build a bully... 

Oh, by the way,  is that a foot tattoo... 

asking for a friend,