The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

The curious case of the BLM-loving Capitol riot provocateur who was paid $35k each by CNN and NBC

by Thomas Lifson

Well, this isn’t going to help the corporate media narrative that “insurrectionists” inspired by President Trump’s rhetoric tried to overthrow democracy at the Capitol. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/the_curious_case_of_the_blmloving_capitol_riot_provocateur_who_was_paid_35k_each_by_cnn_and_nbc.html

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

The curious case of the BLM-loving Capitol riot provocateur who was paid $35k each by CNN and NBC

by Thomas Lifson

Well, this isn’t going to help the corporate media narrative that “insurrectionists” inspired by President Trump’s rhetoric tried to overthrow democracy at the Capitol. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/the_curious_case_of_the_blmloving_capitol_riot_provocateur_who_was_paid_35k_each_by_cnn_and_nbc.html

This is great! You guys are so wacko! 

• Like (+1) 1

Justice Department Could Struggle With January 6 Prosecutions as Cases Move Closer to Trial

More than five months have now passed since the January 6 protests, and the prosecution of hundreds of protesters in dozens of criminal cases filed in the District Court for the District of Columbia are well underway.

Like many legal commentators on the conservative side, I expressed some reservations early on with regard to the stridency with which early criminal complaints filed in connection with some of the prosecutions described the events of January 6.  The description of events seemed unnecessarily hyperbolic in some respects, and such hyperbole seemed to set an unusually high bar for the presentation of evidence to meet the charges alleged.

After initial detention hearings where the government won in almost every instance, further review by the courts in later proceedings — when more evidence was available for review — caused some judges to reconsider their previous detention orders.  The basic problem was the evidence the government could actually submit didn’t measure up to the evidentiary “proffers” that prosecutors had initially made to the Courts when bail was first being considered.

Now, most of the early discovery disputes are being resolved in one fashion or another, and the actual evidence which the government has with regard to the indicted defendants is making its way into the hands of the defense attorneys.

But even in the few cases where the government has substantial evidence — and I predict this is going to be a very small fraction of the number of cases filed — the nature of the charges that can be sustained on the evidence DOJ has will leave a public anticipating long prison sentences based on “insurrection” or “incitement” terribly disappointed in the likely outcomes.

More at the link:

https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2021/05/24/justice-department-could-struggle-with-january-6-prosecutions-as-cases-move-closer-to-trial-n385321

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Justice Department Could Struggle With January 6 Prosecutions as Cases Move Closer to Trial

More than five months have now passed since the January 6 protests, and the prosecution of hundreds of protesters in dozens of criminal cases filed in the District Court for the District of Columbia are well underway.

Like many legal commentators on the conservative side, I expressed some reservations early on with regard to the stridency with which early criminal complaints filed in connection with some of the prosecutions described the events of January 6.  The description of events seemed unnecessarily hyperbolic in some respects, and such hyperbole seemed to set an unusually high bar for the presentation of evidence to meet the charges alleged.

After initial detention hearings where the government won in almost every instance, further review by the courts in later proceedings — when more evidence was available for review — caused some judges to reconsider their previous detention orders.  The basic problem was the evidence the government could actually submit didn’t measure up to the evidentiary “proffers” that prosecutors had initially made to the Courts when bail was first being considered.

Now, most of the early discovery disputes are being resolved in one fashion or another, and the actual evidence which the government has with regard to the indicted defendants is making its way into the hands of the defense attorneys.

But even in the few cases where the government has substantial evidence — and I predict this is going to be a very small fraction of the number of cases filed — the nature of the charges that can be sustained on the evidence DOJ has will leave a public anticipating long prison sentences based on “insurrection” or “incitement” terribly disappointed in the likely outcomes.

More at the link:

https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2021/05/24/justice-department-could-struggle-with-january-6-prosecutions-as-cases-move-closer-to-trial-n385321

Almost all the charges are for disorderly conduct and trespassing.  What the administration and their accomplices in the media want to avoid is looking like the fools they are for whipping up the troops and creating all kinds of buzz around the event.  And then see those expectations crash and burn.  It will be damage control mode from here forward. 

My guess is they start to walk back expectations in the next few weeks with some stories put out hinting at lower expectations to their followers while starting to replace the "insurrection" narrative with another theme.  My guess is main narrative shifts to how blocking "The Commission" allowed all these traitors to escape justice.  Even though everyone from the level of genius to idiot knows its real intent is pure political theater.  But intelligence is not a prerequisite for believing all the horse crap the government puts out.  All it requires is a lazy mind, a lack of curiosity, and blind obedience to authority.  The exact opposite of what makes a real democracy work.      

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Almost all the charges are for disorderly conduct and trespassing.  What the administration and their accomplices in the media want to avoid is looking like the fools they are for whipping up the troops and creating all kinds of buzz around the event.  And then see those expectations crash and burn.  It will be damage control mode from here forward. 

My guess is they start to walk back expectations in the next few weeks with some stories put out hinting at lower expectations to their followers while starting to replace the "insurrection" narrative with another theme.  My guess is main narrative shifts to how blocking "The Commission" allowed all these traitors to escape justice.  Even though everyone from the level of genius to idiot knows its real intent is pure political theater.  But intelligence is not a prerequisite for believing all the horse crap the government puts out.  All it requires is a lazy mind, a lack of curiosity, and blind obedience to authority.  The exact opposite of what makes a real democracy work.      

I love hearing people like All Pro call other people fools after voting not once but twice for this POS:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886rd8lwdvcun191fbgee

And you’re dreaming if you think we, real Americans, the left, etc are going to redefine what happened on that day - we all saw it - people died and were injured as a result of Donald Trump putting his pathetic self above country.

More fantasy from the right...

I assume the majority of the work of this commission will be spent looking into yet another colossal government security failure. The videos I’ve seen show everything from officers allowing the demonstrators to take selfies in the congressional chambers to another one who shot an unarmed citizen without warning. DEFUND THE CAPITAL POLICE! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I assume the majority of the work of this commission will be spent looking into yet another colossal government security failure. The videos I’ve seen show everything from officers allowing the demonstrators to take selfies in the congressional chambers to another one who shot an unarmed citizen without warning. DEFUND THE CAPITAL POLICE! 

A colossal government failure under Trump's watch? NO WAY?

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

by Thomas Lifson

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So is the DOJ.........

According to court documents filed last week by federal prosecutors, Sullivan, of Utah, is facing new weapons charges. Sullivan, in statements online and in reports, said he attended a number of Black Lives Matter protests last year, posted numerous anti-police and anti-Trump statements, and also allegedly posted support on Twitter for armed revolution.

After leaving the Capitol on Jan. 6, Sullivan was seen, according to federal prosecutors, telling a witness that he “brought my megaphone to instigate [expletive]” and wanted to “make these Trump supporters [expletive] all this [expletive] up” inside the Capitol building.

Sullivan, they said, also portrayed himself as a journalist who was documenting the incident. However, they said that he was actively participating in the breach—and even apparently broke a window.

Sullivan allegedly cheered after he and others entered the Capitol: “There are so many people. Let’s go. This [expletive] is ours! [Expletive] yeah,” according to DOJ documents.

He also said in the Capitol: “We accomplished this [expletive]. We did this together. [Expletive] yeah! We are all a part of this history,” and “Let’s burn this [expletive] down,” according to the court papers. Federal prosecutors alleged that he attempted to incite others to burn the Capitol down several times.

Appearing to reference his participation in Black Lives Matter events, at one point on Jan. 6, he also was allegedly heard saying, “I am ready, bro. I’ve been to too many riots. I’ve been in so many riots,” the documents said.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59147023/29/united-states-v-sullivan/

Oh well..........

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So is the DOJ.........

According to court documents filed last week by federal prosecutors, Sullivan, of Utah, is facing new weapons charges. Sullivan, in statements online and in reports, said he attended a number of Black Lives Matter protests last year, posted numerous anti-police and anti-Trump statements, and also allegedly posted support on Twitter for armed revolution.

After leaving the Capitol on Jan. 6, Sullivan was seen, according to federal prosecutors, telling a witness that he “brought my megaphone to instigate [expletive]” and wanted to “make these Trump supporters [expletive] all this [expletive] up” inside the Capitol building.

Sullivan, they said, also portrayed himself as a journalist who was documenting the incident. However, they said that he was actively participating in the breach—and even apparently broke a window.

Sullivan allegedly cheered after he and others entered the Capitol: “There are so many people. Let’s go. This [expletive] is ours! [Expletive] yeah,” according to DOJ documents.

He also said in the Capitol: “We accomplished this [expletive]. We did this together. [Expletive] yeah! We are all a part of this history,” and “Let’s burn this [expletive] down,” according to the court papers. Federal prosecutors alleged that he attempted to incite others to burn the Capitol down several times.

Appearing to reference his participation in Black Lives Matter events, at one point on Jan. 6, he also was allegedly heard saying, “I am ready, bro. I’ve been to too many riots. I’ve been in so many riots,” the documents said.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59147023/29/united-states-v-sullivan/

Oh well..........

Oh whatever. Keep squeezing your cheeks together to turn that coal into a diamond. I suppose the cult will believe your nonsense 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

More or less wacko when we were saying rona came from china...while your dumb#@@

was busy calling us racists 

By the way wacko did you send mail to rand paul lately?

Edited by Unforgiven

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is why these leftist idiots continue to double down on their stupidity

They aren't going to stop telling people to deny science or what their eyes see,

and will continue chanting lies via obfuscation until they are crushed.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

More or less wacko when we were saying rona came from china...while your dumb#@@

was busy calling us racists 

By the way wacko did you send mail to rand paul lately?

So tell me, what is your clownish theory here? That all those Trump scums were really good BLM people? 

You are a wacko. You a stupid idiot 

The stupidest take of the day, by the Huff-Po White House 'reporter'

January 6, 2021, was a riot orchestrated by, frankly, a bunch of disgruntled live-action role-play enthusiasts (LARPers, if you will) who were interested in chaos, but had no real plan, no training to accomplish their goal, and were so unsuccessful in their quest that most of America have moved on simply because they realize, as Obama would put it, there’s no “There!” there. The riot was an infuriating event that showed just how cults of personality have taken over American politics and how easy it is to stir up mobs against a person or group of people who have slighted you.

Yes, they erected a makeshift gallows on the Capitol grounds. Yes, they had malicious intent. And, yes, they stormed the Capitol building and overwhelmed Capitol police. But the “system” was never in danger of being overthrown, as the Huffington Post reporter above seems to believe. The “heart of the American experiment” was not at risk. It was a bunch of stupid people doing really stupid and dangerous acts of random violence.

The “heart of the American experiment” was at such risk that, in the same evening, Congress gathered again and certified the 2020 election results, and Joe Biden was officially the winner of the election. The future refused to change.

Increasingly, we are allowing the politics of the moment to shape our perspective on the past, when it should be the opposite. How we view what is happening today should be put through the lens of past experience. Instead, we use this latest bad thing to warp and distort our interpretations of the events of the past. Just like everything is as bad as Nazi Germany, now things are becoming worse than 9/11 when they really weren’t. But that is how broken this political era has made those who are so hyperpartisan that they can’t fix their perspectives. They are stuck forever in the realm of “Orange Man Bad” and it is affecting their sense of history.

But, history is very clear. 9/11 was a devastating attack aimed at the heart of America and its government. The 1/6 riot was a riot that was never going to overthrow America and won’t lead to more attempts that may come closer. It should be obvious when you look at other attempts to force change in government by violent forces, but people who are so blinded by their hatred of Trump won’t see that. They only see a political talking point against their enemies, and they are letting it grow out of control.

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2021/05/25/apparently-we-need-to-clarify-that-the-capitol-riot-was-absolutely-not-worse-than-9-11-n386107

Edited by B-Man
  • Agree 2