The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

Just now, Doc said:

Ever heard of a "bystander"?

And fine, if Trump incited people, so did Dems last year.  Let's get them all, shall we?

Doc keep flailing. No one outside of billsfans.fox is buying this bulllllllshit.

The President of the United States pissed all over his oath, the constitution, and an entire branch of government.

White Privilege bro - and yes, Black Lives Matter.

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Doc keep flailing. No one outside of billsfans.fox is buying this bulllllllshit.

The President of the United States pissed all over his oath, the constitution, and an entire branch of government.

White Privilege bro - and yes, Black Lives Matter.

I don't care what you buy.  It's not my fault if you make gigantic stretches. 

And yes black lives matter.  But more than just the handsful of times unarmed black people are killed by police in any given year.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't care what you buy.  It's not my fault if you make gigantic stretches. 

And yes black lives matter.  But more than just the handsful of times unarmed black people are killed by police in any given year.

The President of the United States tried to overthrow our government. 

Period.

32 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Period.

Yeah and he just missed-out on doing it.  He also should have "told" them to bring arms. :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah and he just missed-out on doing it.  He also should have "told" them to bring arms. :rolleyes:

I mean he was incompetent in being a president shouldn’t we expect him to be incompetent in doing a coup? He did get his ass kicked a ton in court about it

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

I mean he was incompetent in being a president shouldn’t we expect him to be incompetent in doing a coup? He did get his ass kicked a ton in court about it

If Joey is the definition of competence, yes, Trump was incompetent.  But the insurrection fantasy is just that and you'll never find any proof to back that ridiculous claim up.  Too bad for you and thankfully for the rest of the country, the farcical idea of a commission was killed.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Period.

No he did not.

Thats why the democrat congress could not impeach him, but you hang on to your delusions.

Come back later when your period is over.

Quite a coincidence him being there taking video.

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

More than 400 people charged in more than 40 states.

More people dead than in Benghazi.

You can say there is no serious charge but maybe say that to the over 400 people that are going to be waking up in a prison in the near future.

Yes, with over 400 people you need to toss in jail, you plead down for the low level drones. Get quotes like hey we did this on Trumps orders. You do a commission to go after the high level circus leaders.

If any of those 400 serves any serious time I'll be surprised.  Its been 5 months and the government hasn't tried one case yet.  All they've done so far is hold a bunch of people in jail without bail.  That all doesn't seem like due process.  I've seen this firsthand at various levels of the courts and what it typically means is the prosecution doesn't have the evidence to make the charges stick.  So they stall and put off hearings and discovery motions.  And if you get a sympathetic judge it can go on for a while.

Like I said the main objective is to drag this out and if possible keep it in the news cycle for the 2020 election.  Keep reminding the voters how dangerous these people are and who they vote for and support.     

Also, as a side topic what is most ironic with 1/6 is how the Democratic Congressional leadership feels the need to spend a lot of additional funds on Capitol Police security to protect them but call for defunding of police in the public domain.  What might be called a double standard.  

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No he did not.

Thats why the democrat congress could not impeach him, but you hang on to your delusions.

Come back later when your period is over.

Quite a coincidence him being there taking video.

Oh Bonnie - Trump was impeached - the GQP in the Senate wouldn’t convict their daddy.

Always on the wrong side of history - you and @Doc.  Always defending the indefensible and putting Trump above country. Sick.

How many people got hurt that day and died because of this SOB?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886m6m9zi28pyn6nqigty

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hmmm... is she your martyr? Did she comply? 

Who else died?  Who else got hurt?

I answered.

You ignored as is your wont.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/05/is-this-commission-really-necessary.php

The House of Representatives has passed a bill that would establish a commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The vote was 252-to-175, with 35 Republicans supporting the measure.

The Senate is unlikely to follow suit. Majority Leader McConnell opposes the House bill. He calls it a “slanted and unbalanced proposal” and a “Democrat trap.” Enough Republican Senators agree, or else don’t want to buck the Leader (not to mention former president Trump), to prevent the bill’s passage.

I don’t doubt that the House bill is slanted in favor of the Democrats and that the Dems’ motivation is political. They want to milk the January 6 attack for all its worth, and more.

But the key question is whether investigation by a commission is needed. The events of January 6 were appalling, in my view. However, not every appalling event requires a commission to investigate it.

The events of 9/11 warranted a commission, and the commission the Dems want now has been compared to that one. But to me, the comparison makes the case against a 1/6 commission.

The events of January 6 were nothing like the 9/11 attacks; indeed, such a comparison strikes me as obscene. They are much more akin to the political rioting that has been going on throughout the U.S. for the past year — rioting that features attacks on government buildings including court houses.

The Democrats aren’t calling for a commission to investigate these attacks. Is this because the attacks are being carried out by people on their side of the political divide?

I don’t assume so. I assume there is no serious call to investigate left-wing rioting because, unlike 9/11, it’s a law enforcement matter.

So is the January 6 attack. And “law enforcement” is already investigating it to the hilt. Thus, a commission isn’t necessary for any legitimate purpose I can discern.

Part of the commission’s focus presumably would be on Donald Trump’s role in the events of January 6, and the Democrats surely have this in mind. Keeping Trump front-and-center helps deflect attention from the stumbles of his successor.

But we know what Trump said, and did not say, to the crowd that assembled in Washington on January 6. Americans can decide for themselves whether, or to what extent, his words that day (or earlier) brought about the attack by a small portion of those who came to D.C. to support the president.

Moreover, this matter was “litigated” during the impeachment proceedings. There’s no legitimate need for a rehash by a commission.

Personally, I found Trump’s behavior troubling . If his conduct causes him to lose Republican support, that would be fine with me.

But my political preferences aren’t a grounds for establishing a commission.

Neither are those of the Democrats.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I answered.

You ignored as is your wont.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/05/is-this-commission-really-necessary.php

The House of Representatives has passed a bill that would establish a commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The vote was 252-to-175, with 35 Republicans supporting the measure.

The Senate is unlikely to follow suit. Majority Leader McConnell opposes the House bill. He calls it a “slanted and unbalanced proposal” and a “Democrat trap.” Enough Republican Senators agree, or else don’t want to buck the Leader (not to mention former president Trump), to prevent the bill’s passage.

I don’t doubt that the House bill is slanted in favor of the Democrats and that the Dems’ motivation is political. They want to milk the January 6 attack for all its worth, and more.

But the key question is whether investigation by a commission is needed. The events of January 6 were appalling, in my view. However, not every appalling event requires a commission to investigate it.

The events of 9/11 warranted a commission, and the commission the Dems want now has been compared to that one. But to me, the comparison makes the case against a 1/6 commission.

The events of January 6 were nothing like the 9/11 attacks; indeed, such a comparison strikes me as obscene. They are much more akin to the political rioting that has been going on throughout the U.S. for the past year — rioting that features attacks on government buildings including court houses.

The Democrats aren’t calling for a commission to investigate these attacks. Is this because the attacks are being carried out by people on their side of the political divide?

I don’t assume so. I assume there is no serious call to investigate left-wing rioting because, unlike 9/11, it’s a law enforcement matter.

So is the January 6 attack. And “law enforcement” is already investigating it to the hilt. Thus, a commission isn’t necessary for any legitimate purpose I can discern.

Part of the commission’s focus presumably would be on Donald Trump’s role in the events of January 6, and the Democrats surely have this in mind. Keeping Trump front-and-center helps deflect attention from the stumbles of his successor.

But we know what Trump said, and did not say, to the crowd that assembled in Washington on January 6. Americans can decide for themselves whether, or to what extent, his words that day (or earlier) brought about the attack by a small portion of those who came to D.C. to support the president.

Moreover, this matter was “litigated” during the impeachment proceedings. There’s no legitimate need for a rehash by a commission.

Personally, I found Trump’s behavior troubling . If his conduct causes him to lose Republican support, that would be fine with me.

But my political preferences aren’t a grounds for establishing a commission.

Neither are those of the Democrats.

How many Benghazi investigations took place?

And where was your reply to my question?

Is she a martyr? 

Just now, BillStime said:

But he did. Would she be alive today if Trump didn’t host this event on 1/6? 

Trump didn't host it.  It was already in the works.

Would George Floyd be alive today if he didn't use counterfeit money and resist arrest?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Trump didn't host it.  It was already in the works.

Would George Floyd be alive today if he didn't use counterfeit money and resist arrest?

How much money did the Trump campaign pay for the event on 1/6?

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How much money did the Trump campaign pay for the event on 1/6?

The rally outside?  Don't know, don't care.  And it doesn't matter.  No one was told to go, or should have gone, into the Capitol.  But like with any shooting, we should know why the officer did what he did.