The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

I feel bad for Gladys for losing a son.  However it's not as much as I would feel because she's a liar.

I feel for this lady as well, but blaming others for your son's heart attack is nothing short of ridiculous. Police Officers live in a high stress environment, every day. I don't think I've ever heard of a spouse, or parent, blaming the job for the death of their son/daughter. He had a heart attack, the next day.....no?

As I mentioned some time back. I had lunch with a guy, who then suffered a heart attack on the freeway while driving to his next meeting. He later died at the hospital. His family didn't blame me.  Nobody even contacted me about his last meal, or called me to see if I'd noticed anything odd about him and yet our lunch appointment was on his calendar.  I was the last person to see him fully conscious. 

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I feel for this lady as well, but blaming others for your son's heart attack is nothing short of ridiculous. Police Officers live in a high stress environment, every day. I don't think I've ever heard of a spouse, or parent, blaming the job for the death of their son/daughter. He had a heart attack, the next day.....no?

As I mentioned some time back. I had lunch with a guy, who then suffered a heart attack on the freeway while driving to his next meeting. He later died at the hospital. His family didn't blame me.  Nobody even contacted me about his last meal, or called me to see if I'd noticed anything odd about him and yet our lunch appointment was on his calendar.  I was the last person to see him fully conscious. 

It was a stroke.  And speaking of loose "facts" in the early hours after an event and the media running with it, always remember that the lying media ran with the Sicknick was bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher BS for weeks.  Even used it in the 2nd sham impeachment.

Politico has obtained John Eastman's Crime-Fraud Emails

Oh look, a crime:

image.thumb.png.c3ddddc36553516fad3cfba4d1fc133f.png

Eastman is stating that Trump knows that the information on documents for an election lawsuit in Georgia is false but he ends up signing them anyway.

He's also dropping random letters, presumably to prevent the email from being found through searching by word.

These emails were deemed by a judge to more likely than not be part of a crime and therefore exempt from attorney-client privilege.

2 minutes ago, Bandito said:

DemoKKKrats grasping at straws as the midterm Red Tsunami looms. Your tears will be awesome on 11/8

You should lay off the crack buddy, it's addling your brains.

Two things can be true:

1. Trump committed crimes
  2. The GOP is probably going to take Congress next week

They are not mutually exclusive. That people are still parroting this idiotic talking point makes me concerned about the quality of education in this country. Lots of people seem to lack critical thinking skills.

Just now, Bandito said:

You are a Democrat. That shows your lack any critical thinking. You must be so scared. Put your mask back on! It is only going to get worse for you moving forward. Enjoy taking many Ls

Oh no! I'm so owned! You have completely owned me with this devastating comeback! I haven't heard an attack this devastating since the third grade!

Honestly, the idea that everybody who votes for the party I disagree with is both dumb and dangerous. In your case though, it's clearly more about being dumb.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/02/trump-clarence-thomas-emails/

Lawyers for President Donald Trump saw Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as the key to overturning the results of the 2020 election, according to a set of emails provided to congressional investigators.

Eight emails, ordered released by U.S. District Judge David O. Carter of California, include correspondence between Trump lawyers Kenneth Chesebro, John Eastman and others discussing various legal strategies to convince Republican members of Congress to object to the official certification of electoral votes in a joint session of  

In an email from Chesebro to Eastman and several others sent on Dec. 31, 2020, Chesebro argued that Thomas would “end up being key” to asking the high court to overturn then-President-elect Joe Biden’s win in contested states, and that they should “frame things so that Thomas could be the one to issue some sort of stay or other circuit justice opinion saying Georgia is in legitimate doubt.”

Thomas is the justice who oversees emergency petitions from the circuit court that includes Georgia.

“Realistically, our only chance to get a favorable judicial opinion by Jan. 6, which might hold up the Georgia count in Congress, is from Thomas — do you agree, Prof. Eastman?”

In an email sent hours later, Chesebro reiterated that he viewed “the best shot at holding up the count of a state in Congress” would be to get a case “pending before the Supreme Court by Jan. 5, ideally with something positive written by a judge or justice, hopefully Thomas.”

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/02/trump-clarence-thomas-emails/

Lawyers for President Donald Trump saw Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as the key to overturning the results of the 2020 election, according to a set of emails provided to congressional investigators.

Eight emails, ordered released by U.S. District Judge David O. Carter of California, include correspondence between Trump lawyers Kenneth Chesebro, John Eastman and others discussing various legal strategies to convince Republican members of Congress to object to the official certification of electoral votes in a joint session of  

In an email from Chesebro to Eastman and several others sent on Dec. 31, 2020, Chesebro argued that Thomas would “end up being key” to asking the high court to overturn then-President-elect Joe Biden’s win in contested states, and that they should “frame things so that Thomas could be the one to issue some sort of stay or other circuit justice opinion saying Georgia is in legitimate doubt.”

Thomas is the justice who oversees emergency petitions from the circuit court that includes Georgia.

“Realistically, our only chance to get a favorable judicial opinion by Jan. 6, which might hold up the Georgia count in Congress, is from Thomas — do you agree, Prof. Eastman?”

In an email sent hours later, Chesebro reiterated that he viewed “the best shot at holding up the count of a state in Congress” would be to get a case “pending before the Supreme Court by Jan. 5, ideally with something positive written by a judge or justice, hopefully Thomas.”

Nothing here such as discussing "various legal strategies" equates to criminal activity.  All it does is frame the thought process of the legal team and generally you employ lawyers to interpret and navigate the legal process, not circumvent or break it.  All a big nothing.    

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Nothing here such as discussing "various legal strategies" equates to criminal activity.  All it does is frame the thought process of the legal team and generally you employ lawyers to interpret and navigate the legal process, not circumvent or break it.  All a big nothing.    

Having someone sign a sworn document they know is false actually is a crime.

Why is that gross? Not wishing that anybody do that but it is just a warning to be careful. With the way lefty loonies are getting more and more off the rails i wonder how nuts they will be on Wednesday after they lose the House and Senate.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Why is that gross? Not wishing that anybody do that but it is just a warning to be careful. With the way lefty loonies are getting more and more off the rails i wonder how nuts they will be on Wednesday after they lose the House and Senate.

Let me know when you find a story on Wednesday about a Democrat jumping out of a building due to the election results. Or should I just file this under the "rainbow fentanyl in your kids' candy" fake crap that people make up to make themselves feel superior?

Sure thing!

Here's the article from Politico with the embedded emails: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/02/trump-lawyers-saw-justice-thomas-as-only-chance-to-stop-2020-election-certification-00064592

Here's a screenshot of one of Eastman's emails:

image.thumb.png.794f439f6934ff9018df0a9cfb49a58a.png

He types with missing letters (presumably to evade searches), but here's the relevant part:

"A though the Pres dent s gned a ver f cat on for that back on Dec. 1, he has s nce been made aware that some of the a egat ons (and ev dence proffered by the experts) has been naccurate. For h m to s gn a new ver f cat on w th that know edge (and ncorporat on by reference) wou d not be accurate. And I have no doubt that an aggress ve DA or US Atty somep ace w go after both the Pres dent and h s awyers once a the dust sett es on th s."

As noted by the article:

The emails also shed new light on an effort to get Trump to sign documents connected to a Dec. 31, 2020, federal lawsuit challenging the election results in Georgia, including acute concerns Trump’s lawyers voiced during that chaotic period that Trump might put himself in legal jeopardy if he attested to the voter fraud data contained in it.

After some exchanges, including with Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann, the lawyers agreed they would remove some of the specific figures before Trump swore to the accuracy of the lawsuit.

But they also debated whether the federal complaint should “incorporate by reference” the voter fraud data included in an earlier state-level lawsuit. Eastman warned that since the state lawsuit was filed, evidence had disproved some of the voter fraud data contained in it — and having Trump point to the earlier data would be erroneous.

“I know it is late in the day, but do we need to incorporate that complaint by reference?” Eastman wondered.

Court records show Trump’s signature was ultimately attested to by William McCathran, an assistant executive clerk working for the White House.

Trump’s signature was key to U.S. District Court Judge David Carter’s Oct. 19 ruling that the emails must be disclosed to the House Jan. 6 committee. Carter said Trump signed the verification to a federal court complaint under penalty of perjury despite evidence that he’d been told many of the fraud claims in the lawsuit were inaccurate.

So in summary, Trump's attorneys knew that some of the evidence in their lawsuit was false but he attested to it anyway. That is a crime. It's why we have these emails: there is no attorney-client privilege to commit crimes and upon reviewing these emails, a judge determined that it was more likely than not that these emails were part of a crime and therefore not covered by privilege. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1