The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

2 hours ago, Demongyz said:

Probably not much.  I don't know about Stone, but I have seen video of Alex Jones yelling into a bullhorn not to enter the capitol, to be peaceful and so on.

There's also video of him yelling about "eating your ass" (as in cannibalism, though him being in the closet is still viable). And gay frogs.

7 minutes ago, Jackalope89 said:

There's also video of him yelling about "eating your ass" (as in cannibalism, though him being in the closet is still viable). And gay frogs.

Right, does that mean that he isn't going to eat your ass?  Also, they are causing the frogs to change sex, not quite turning gay.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

‘Got a bad case of the Schiffs’: Liz Cheney telling peeps to ‘stay tuned’ for more J6 hearings

(conveniently right before midterms) does NOT go well

From Jonathan Turley:

At the same time, Cheney and the Committee Chair have repeatedly stressed that voters cannot allow Trump to return to power and made repeated references to the upcoming election. The lack of any balance in the scope of examinations or presentation of evidence only magnifies the appearance of an investigation tailored political rather than investigative priorities.

So now Cheney is saying “stay tuned” once again like a sequel that never quite ends. Of course, the members know that their control will end if the midterms result (as expected) in the GOP retaking the House. The Republicans have stated an intention to conduct their own investigation into why the House was unprepared for the riot despite failings of possible violence.

The Jan. 6 committee has made a case against Trump personally and politically. It has not done so criminally. Timing further releases to coincide with the election will do little in establishing an interest in building a criminal rather than a political case.

Because it’s ALL political.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/05/got-a-bad-case-of-the-schiffs-liz-cheney-telling-peeps-to-stay-tuned-for-more-j6-hearings-conveniently-right-before-midterms-does-not-go-well/

Stop.  Politicians aren't political.  Especially when they tell you that they are only concerned with the truth.  When you doubt them when they say that then guess what?  You sir or madam are a conspiracy theorist.

Also remember that when the GOP puts together a J6 committee of their own and they also promise to be about only finding the truth that it will be different.  Because when that happens you must not merely doubt everything that they tell you, you must reject all of it.  If you don't then you will be, you guessed it, a conspiracy theorist.

• Sad 1

On 8/4/2022 at 5:33 PM, Demongyz said:

Right, does that mean that he isn't going to eat your ass?  Also, they are causing the frogs to change sex, not quite turning gay.

Not that there us anything wrong with that

On 8/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, L Ron Burgundy said:

Uhhh they were supposed to vet what they sent.  Only stuff related to the trial.  They didn't and sent everything on the phone.   They asked to be able to mark things confidential now but that should have happened loooong ago.  Can't wait to find out what crazy stuff Jones and Stone spoke about re JN 6.

He's the definition of a pathological liar.

And he has a huge base.  Which is why I find it hilarious when conservatives say the left shifted to the extreme.   He's a big part of the problem in our country. 

Alex Jones was always the right wings version of the weekly world news. He is influential to about 1% of our country, he actually is less respected on the right than Rebekah Jones is on the left. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Republicans have stated an intention to conduct their own investigation into why the House was unprepared for the riot despite failings of possible violence.

Ugh. Waste another 2 years on this.

I thought the current group was looking into that.

It is to me the most important thing though IMHO.  They were planning this on FakeBook and Twitter for crying out loud. I thought the Department of Homeland Security was supposed to stop this kind of stuff.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Alex Jones was always the right wings version of the weekly world news. He is influential to about 1% of our country, he actually is less respected on the right than Rebekah Jones is on the left. 

That is completely and utterly incorrect.   He has millions of fans.  He's made hundreds of millions of dollars despite being kicked off major platforms.   

9 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

That is completely and utterly incorrect.   He has millions of fans.  He's made hundreds of millions of dollars despite being kicked off major platforms.   

He had less than 3 million subscribers for the past few years- less than 1% of our country- of which a good portion don't take him seriously.  He has sold hundred of millions of dollars of his supplements and crap, not made hundreds of millions. Go to his Wikipedia page and read what it says about his business model, all his money is from the other crap he sells, not his show and "In 2014, Jones claimed that InfoWars was accumulating over $20 million in annual revenue." Revenue is not profit. I don't like Alex Jones and I am very ok with what is happening to him but your making him into a guy that the is respected makes you a conspiracy nut. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He had less than 3 million subscribers for the past few years- less than 1% of our country- of which a good portion don't take him seriously.  He has sold hundred of millions of dollars of his supplements and crap, not made hundreds of millions. Go to his Wikipedia page and read what it says about his business model, all his money is from the other crap he sells, not his show and "In 2014, Jones claimed that InfoWars was accumulating over $20 million in annual revenue." Revenue is not profit. I don't like Alex Jones and I am very ok with what is happening to him but your making him into a guy that the is respected makes you a conspiracy nut. 

Probably a good portion of that 3M are Alex Jones haters.  Kind of like this:

Q...Alex Jones...democrats gets so fixated on them...I don't know anyone

who supports or gives a rats ass about either of them...lefties think conservatives

are like them, where for instance 'the view' is representative of the left, Alex Jones

does not represent anything on the right, he's an idiot male doofus Joy Behar.

He doesn't deserve any attention all. Hopefully he goes away for good now, he is truly

annoying as %$#@.

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

Q...Alex Jones...democrats gets so fixated on them...I don't know anyone

who supports or gives a rats ass about either of them...lefties think conservatives

are like them, where for instance 'the view' is representative of the left, Alex Jones

does not represent anything on the right, he's an idiot male doofus Joy Behar.

He doesn't deserve any attention all. Hopefully he goes away for good now, he is truly

annoying as %$#@.

HA! He's just like Trump - grift grift grift grift grift

lolz

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The court case has determined he's been pulling in a lot more money than previously reported info shows.  I think a lot more than 1% of the population listen to him and supports him by buying his trash online.   Neither of us can prove our opinions but his net worth could be released soon which would provide a clue.

The right loves conspiracy theories nowadays.   They pop up here all the time.  Shoot, election fraud is still being looked into in states Trump won with ZERO evidence.