The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Enough with the "murder" crap too.  If you are in your home and I am coming into the broken door/window like Babbitt was, you wouldn't shoot?  Because I would.

Nah, I think I'll keep it as a murder.  Until your ilk ceases with calling your fellow American citizens, many of whom were allowed in by police, to take ill advised sojourns inside the velvet ropes at the Capitol on J6 as "insurrectionists" and "domestic terrorists" you can take your language policing and shove it you know where.

To answer your hypothetical, if an unarmed 100 lb women was breeching my front window in broad daylight and I had a gun, then yes I'd point it at her and tell her to leave or I'll shoot.  If she proceeded to enter my home anyway then I'd subdue said 100 lb. woman with non lethal force in short order.  But that's just me.

42 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Like, what is the conspiracy here? We saw her get shot and killed, the officer said he shot her, what would they be covering up by cremating her?

Let me guess, she actually survived the shooting, but the gunshot wound revealed that she was one of the people that Bill Gates implanted a 5G chip in via a vaccine. If they let her out, it would reveal that (((Soros))) was using the chips to communicate with the Italian satellites to change votes in Dominion machines. So they called Hillary Clinton who came in and used spirit cooking to secretly kill Babbitt at the hospital. To cover all of this up, the medical examiner, who is on the (((Rothschild))) payroll, cremated the body and prevented Babbitt's family from discovering the truth. Then, to celebrate the completed mission, the deep state all got together at the basement of Comet Ping Pong to eat babies and fill in mail-in ballots.

Desperate to keep the cult engaged and enraged.

It amazes me after all these years of disappointment - they continue to line right up for more fake news.

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t say it was a Grand Jury! Ugh! The problem is that there isn’t a defense, legitimate questioning, or even balanced inquiry. This is NOT a hearing of anything! It’s become a presentation. There’s a HUGE difference. This is essentially a smear campaign being played out on national television at taxpayers expense. You really don’t see how wrong this is? Really? 

A congressional committee did a month's long investigation into the attempt to overturn the election. As the investigation wound down, they wanted to present their findings to the public so they held public hearings of some of the witnesses and testimony. Since this is not a trial or a judicial proceeding, and since the committee members seem to generally agree on the findings, what they show is what the committee believes is the most important information for the public to know.

That does not make it illegitimate in any sense. The "other side" people keep bringing up isn't Republicans, it's people who refuse to testify. They interviewed basically everyone in the Trump White House, Campaign, and even DoJ. Those people were free to give testimony (as most did) or plead the fifth the whole time (as people like John Eastman did).

Often, a committee will present a majority report and a minority report. It does not appear that this committee will do that, at least for the factual findings. I suspect there will be disagreement when it comes to legislative recommendations. I wonder if McCarthy hadn't withdrawn his nominees if we would have a minority report but we'll never know because McCarthy is a moron.

It does sound like they've been sent more evidence since the hearings started, so they may hold more hearings down the line, but we should be getting a final report in the coming months, as well as transcripts of the testimony. They did mention that they might amend the final report after issuing it if new evidence comes to light.

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

A congressional committee did a month's long investigation into the attempt to overturn the election. As the investigation wound down, they wanted to present their findings to the public so they held public hearings of some of the witnesses and testimony. Since this is not a trial or a judicial proceeding, and since the committee members seem to generally agree on the findings, what they show is what the committee believes is the most important information for the public to know.

That does not make it illegitimate in any sense. The "other side" people keep bringing up isn't Republicans, it's people who refuse to testify. They interviewed basically everyone in the Trump White House, Campaign, and even DoJ. Those people were free to give testimony (as most did) or plead the fifth the whole time (as people like John Eastman did).

Often, a committee will present a majority report and a minority report. It does not appear that this committee will do that, at least for the factual findings. I suspect there will be disagreement when it comes to legislative recommendations. I wonder if McCarthy hadn't withdrawn his nominees if we would have a minority report but we'll never know because McCarthy is a moron.

It does sound like they've been sent more evidence since the hearings started, so they may hold more hearings down the line, but we should be getting a final report in the coming months, as well as transcripts of the testimony. They did mention that they might amend the final report after issuing it if new evidence comes to light.

Well that answered my question. You obviously do not see how wrong this is. Thanks for having a calm and civil discussion. It’s appreciated.

46 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If this is only a ‘hearing’ and not a court proceeding then what the whole ‘under oath’ thing about? I gave a public presentation in a public hearing just last night, and it wasn’t ‘under oath’. (I was truthful none the less. 😉

Well you see that the testimony already given, which the committee sees fit to share as they desire, has been under oath.  A little bit of this testimony under oath here, a little bit of that there, no not that testimony, and voila we have a presentation that gives us all that's required to reach a preconceived conclusion. :lol:

I often wonder how well a research presentation of mine would go over if I said that I only included the data that supports my original hypothesis.  There was other data but I either expunged it or I can't be bothered to look at it. Therefore you can clearly see that my conclusions are supported by the data.  Now stop asking me questions about that missing data you conspiracy theorists!

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well that answered my question. You obviously do not see how wrong this is. Thanks for having a calm and civil discussion. It’s appreciated.

Frankly, it seems pretty normal from a congressional committee with three exceptions:

• Not doing questions as 5-minutes per member (this is a good thing. That format is stupid and counterproductive)
  • The minority leader withdrawing his nominees
  • Large public interest

I know a lot of liberals complained about the Benghazi hearings, but that was a similar select committee format (and Pelosi considered not sending any Dems but ended up appointing members). Every once in a while testimony from a random congressional hearing goes viral and we get to see C-SPAN clips of it.

Normally committee hearings like this are boring but given the topic at hand, there is large public interest, hence the coverage being on network news instead of just C-SPAN.

Ultimately, if your problem is that we don't have more than two Republicans on it or that it is just a House select committee and not a joint committee like the 9/11 committee, then you're problem is with GOP leadership, not the committee itself.

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Normally committee hearings like this are boring but given the topic at hand, there is large public interest, hence the coverage being on network news instead of just C-SPAN.

No there isn't.  

Unless you count the NYC-DC beltway media DNC machine's full blown TDS crowd as "large public interest."

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nearly 6 in 10 Americans are following the hearings.

Did not realize that 60% of Americans live in the NYC-DC beltway. Guess you learn something every day.

Cool story.  I'm paying "some attention" also:

Nearly six in ten Americans (58%) are paying either a lot of attention (25%) basically Bill Stime and family, or some attention (33%) to the House January 6th hearings. Democrats (80%) are the most plugged into the testimony.

The hearings, though, have failed to punch through as a voting issue. Inflation (37%) is the number-one issue for registered voters as they think about November’s midterm elections. Abortion (18%), guns (10%), and health care (10%) follow. The January 6th Committee Hearings (9%), crime (6%), and immigration (6%) receive single digits. 

55% of independents and 44% of Republicans are also paying, at least, some attention to the hearings.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t say it was a Grand Jury! Ugh! The problem is that there isn’t a defense, legitimate questioning, or even balanced inquiry. This is NOT a hearing of anything! It’s become a presentation. There’s a HUGE difference. This is essentially a smear campaign being played out on national television at taxpayers expense. You really don’t see how wrong this is? Really? 

You’re still biching about this?

JFC - your cult voted against/blocked the creation of an independent commission.

YOU FREAKS HAD YOUR CHANCE.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Cool story.  I'm paying "some attention" also:

Nearly six in ten Americans (58%) are paying either a lot of attention (25%) basically Bill Stime and family, or some attention (33%) to the House January 6th hearings. Democrats (80%) are the most plugged into the testimony.

The hearings, though, have failed to punch through as a voting issue. Inflation (37%) is the number-one issue for registered voters as they think about November’s midterm elections. Abortion (18%), guns (10%), and health care (10%) follow. The January 6th Committee Hearings (9%), crime (6%), and immigration (6%) receive single digits. 

55% of independents and 44% of Republicans are also paying, at least, some attention to the hearings.

Man, @BillStime must have a huge family. 83 million people is a lot of mouths to feed...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Man, @BillStime must have a huge family. 83 million people is a lot of mouths to feed...

Is it the only thing on Leftist TV News?

Then yes, by default people are following because it's being shoved down their throat - the only logical answer to this question is absolutely paying "some attention" or you look uninformed to the pollster.  

But no one cares.  That's the point.  See that tiny 9% number?   It's much much much less then that.  

3 hours ago, ALF said:

The Capital and DC police knew the Trump rally Jan 6 could turn violent with weeks notice. They should have been ready in riot gear , gas masks and plenty of tear gas . Why they were not allowed to be ready is the question I have.

"Defund the police!"

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

Enough with the "murder" crap too.  If you are in your home and I am coming into the broken door/window like Babbitt was, you wouldn't shoot?  Because I would.

And you'd be charged with murder.

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nearly 6 in 10 Americans are following the hearings.

Did not realize that 60% of Americans live in the NYC-DC beltway. Guess you learn something every day.

Following doesn't mean people are taking it seriously or changing their minds about what happened that day.  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Following doesn't mean people are taking it seriously or changing their minds about what happened that day.  

Agreed. I did not make that claim.

I was just pointing out a false claim that there is no interest and that nobody outside of DC and NYC were following it.

I am making no predictions as to its impact on the elections because I find that irrelevant. 

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Agreed. I did not make that claim.

I was just pointing out a false claim that there is no interest and that nobody outside of DC and NYC were following it.

I am making no predictions as to its impact on the elections because I find that irrelevant. 

Fair enough but it's mostly a semantic argument.  I think that people are interested, but it's changing almost no one's mind about what happened that day.

J6 witch hunt ratings dropped 21%

image.thumb.jpeg.bf6776fd7e626a4751a10e8628d0c46e.jpeg

The January 6 hearings captivated a nation wracked by inflation, covid and baby formula shortages.

Just kidding. Lizzy "Bored Them" Cheney and her gang of liars tanked in prime time last night as the J6 witch hunt's ratings fell 21%.

Matt Webb Mitovich of TV Line reported, "All told, the cumulative Big 3 broadcast audience (8.6 million) is currently down 21% from the first public hearing, which aired in primetime on June 9." 

8.6 million is less than 3% of the nation's population. 

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2022/07/j6-witch-hunt-ratings-dropped-21.html?m=1

https://tvline.com/2022/07/22/tv-ratings-january-6-hearing-how-many-watched/

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

J6 witch hunt ratings dropped 21%

image.thumb.jpeg.bf6776fd7e626a4751a10e8628d0c46e.jpeg

The January 6 hearings captivated a nation wracked by inflation, covid and baby formula shortages.

Just kidding. Lizzy "Bored Them" Cheney and her gang of liars tanked in prime time last night as the J6 witch hunt's ratings fell 21%.

Matt Webb Mitovich of TV Line reported, "All told, the cumulative Big 3 broadcast audience (8.6 million) is currently down 21% from the first public hearing, which aired in primetime on June 9." 

8.6 million is less than 3% of the nation's population. 

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2022/07/j6-witch-hunt-ratings-dropped-21.html?m=1

https://tvline.com/2022/07/22/tv-ratings-january-6-hearing-how-many-watched/

If you think the purpose of the committee is for ratings or to move the needles on the midterms, then you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Then again, I’m not sure what I would expect from such illustrious outlets as… Donsurbur.blogspot and tvline…?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

If you think the purpose of the committee is for ratings or to move the needles on the midterms, then you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Then again, I’m not sure what I would expect from such illustrious outlets as… Donsurbur.blogspot and tvline…?

C’mon Goose. Everyone knows the sham committee’s purpose is to try and prevent Donald Trump from running for President again. They (and the entire Dem party plus their supporters) are obsessed with Trump because they are terrified of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

How about from The Paper Of Record?