The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It cannot get through the skulls of some folks here.  They will do ANYTHING not to admit reality, it’s basically the definition of insanity.

It's a cultural trait of these people, willful ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nice, I appreciate the opportunity to mentor you and your ability to stand up on an issue.  

You mentoring anyone about anything is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dunno. A lot of the prior “bombshells” turned out to be duds. But this one is likely to stick. Just as Trump’s nicknames for his opponents (remember “Low Energy” Jeb?) stuck because there was a kernel of truth there. Temper tantrum baby Donnie works, just like that parade balloon caricature works. They fit our perceptions. 
That’s the political front. On the legal front, something important happened today. We learned that Trump knew (or as lawyers would say, had reason to believe) that his rally crowd had stuff with them that couldn’t make it through a metal detector. Let’s call this stuff “weapons.” And that he nevertheless directed them to go TO THE CAPITOL (his yelling, not mine). It’s slow, it’s methodical, it’s effective in the manner of a grand jury presentation. Will Trump be charged? Who knows. I like the GA election interference charge better. That one is pretty compelling. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trump lunged at Secret Service agent who said he couldn't go to Capitol on January 6: aide
The January 6 Select Committee held a hearing to reveal "recently obtained evidence" Tuesday. Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, said that Trump insisted on going to the Capitol despite repeatedly being told he could not.

Former top aide to Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Cassidy Hutchinson, made the comments in a Jan. 6 Committee hearing Tuesday. She said that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone warned repeatedly that Trump going to the Capitol could put many people at the White House in legal jeopardy.

According to Hutchinson, former Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations Tony Ornato told her, "he was under the impression from Mr. Meadows that the off the record movement to the Capitol was still possible and likely to happen."

But when Secret Service agents broke the news to him, "the president had a very strong, very angry response to that. Tony described him as being irate. The president said something to the effect of, 'I'm the f-ing president, take me up to the Capitol now."

Hutchinson said Ornato also told her Trump tried to "grab at the steering wheel" of the "Beast" presidential limo, and Trump then lunged at the Secret Service agent in charge at the time.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/jan-6-committee-watch-live-tuesday-hearing

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yet, you followed my instructions like a good soldier.  

With time you’ll come to appreciate my direction.  

You are an idiot 

Cover up is a crime, too 

The steering wheel and thrown food don’t have much legal implication, though they do suggest his state of mind. The more incriminating testimony was that he knew the crowd had weapons and didn’t care. He knew they weren’t going to injure him. He was fine with sending the people with the weapons up to the Capital. He was uninterested in the safety of the Vice President. He would have been happy if the mob killed Pence. Meadows participating in the meeting of the Trump nuts (Flynn, Giuliani, Stone) on the night of 1/5 also indicates planning for the following day. Stone had Oath Keepers for his personal body guards. Oath Keepers were one of the para military groups there on 1/6. Meadows and Giuliani requested pardons. 

Either it was a planned coup or all just an incredible coincidence of details and testimony under oath incriminating Trump. 

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

The steering wheel and thrown food don’t have much legal implication, though they do suggest his state of mind. The more incriminating testimony was that he knew the crowd had weapons and didn’t care. He knew they weren’t going to injure him. He was fine with sending the people with the weapons up to the Capital. He was uninterested in the safety of the Vice President. He would have been happy if the mob killed Pence. Meadows participating in the meeting of the Trump nuts (Flynn, Giuliani, Stone) on the night of 1/5 also indicates planning for the following day. Stone had Oath Keepers for his personal body guards. Oath Keepers were one of the para military groups there on 1/6. Meadows and Giuliani requested pardons. 

Either it was a planned coup or all just an incredible coincidence of details and testimony under oath incriminating Trump. 

So if I understand you correctly the master plan was to overturn the election, over throw the government and then hold onto power under the protection of an unarmed guy in a bear suit? If that was the plan then I agree with you…Trump’s a nutcase! 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if I understand you correctly the master plan was to overturn the election, over throw the government and then hold onto power under the protection of an unarmed guy in a bear suit? If that was the plan then I agree with you…Trump’s a nutcase! 

The plan was to have Mike Pence reject or delay certification of the election so that they would have more time to put pressure on the states to undo their results.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

The plan was to have Mike Pence reject or delay certification of the election so that they would have more time to put pressure on the states to undo their results.

I see. And that was going to happen how exactly? Because Nancy was going to say “Well if Mike wants to delay it, I guess we have to!” ????

Just because their plan wasn’t iron clad logical means nothing. By this time Trump was ignoring the advice of the rational legal staff around him. He was only listening to the nuts he surrounded himself with : Guliani, Flynn, Stone, the pillow guy, the crazy woman lawyer, etc. There was nothing logical at all with that brain trust.