The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

of course they would have!  I expect They would’ve burned Washington down if Trump somehow won too. 

Did they riot when he won his first election?  I'm referring to a hypothetical if Pence (and others) make different decisions.  Had that happened yeah there would be craziness.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Did they riot when he won his first election?  

Ummmmm.

Yes.

Trump's Inauguration Day.

1bdf5a2a-872f-4b4e-9580-794ac42f70b2_192

limofire.jpg

170120-trump-protests-rhk-1924p.jpg

and don't forget the George Floyd DC riots by the Left.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-01-at-11.14.31-AM.pn

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

None of your BS matters.

Conald had his goons there for a reason.

And don’t forget: voter fraud:

"I just want to find eleven thousand seven hundred and eighty votes." 

English must not be your primary language: He didn’t say I just want to FALSIFY or CREATE eleven thousand… votes. 

You are an idiot. 

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

While we're strolling down memory lane... seems like A LOT more people didn't want Trump than the amount that didn't want Biden.

Ask them again now...

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You think those same people are going to want Trump now?

That and/or far fewer will want Joke.  They were sold a lie that Joke could "shut down the virus," improve the economy and be a moderate.    

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Police Report Proves Undercover Cops Were Embedded With J6 Protestors

BY KEVIN DOWNEY JR.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2022/06/21/police-report-proves-undercover-cops-were-embedded-with-j6-protestors-n1606774

I suggest you link to an article with the actual police report, because that article doesn't have it. It links to paywalls and Tweets. Just a suggestion.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That and/or far fewer will want Joke.  They were sold a lie that Joke could "shut down the virus," improve the economy and be a moderate.    

Personally, I think those riots were more about not wanting Trump and I would wager that close to 100% of them still don't want Trump. He didn't do himself any favors while in office and he can't depend on the failures of the succeeding president to win him back voters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

English must not be your primary language: He didn’t say I just want to FALSIFY or CREATE eleven thousand… votes. 

You are an idiot. 

No - the idiot is the one trying to “explain” what the President didn’t say said.

We all heard it - and we all know what he meant. 

“I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Mr. Trump said.

Why did Trump bully and threaten these officials in Georgia?

“You know what they did and you’re not reporting it,” the president said during the call. “You know, that’s a criminal — that’s a criminal offense. And you know, you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. That’s a big risk.”

Why did Trump call and bully the Chief Elections Investigator in GA:

President Donald Trump urged Georgia's chief elections investigator to find "dishonesty" that could help overturn the state's election results, framing her work as a matter of national importance

Is it appropriate for Trump to phone these people?

“You have the most important job in the country right now," Trump told Watson, who was leading an audit of absentee ballot signatures in Cobb County at the time, according to the audio.

"Because if we win Georgia ... the people of Georgia are so angry at what happened to me, they know I won," he continued, repeating the false claim that he won the state.

"Whatever you can do, Frances, it would be — it's a great thing," Trump told her, according to the audio. "It's an important thing for the country. So important. You've no idea. So important. And I very much appreciate it."

Watson said her team was "only interested in the truth" and "finding the information that's based on the facts." Trump then asked whether her team of investigators would continue working past Christmas to "keep it going fast."

"Because, you know, we have that date of the 6th, which is a very important date," he said, apparently referring to the joint session of Congress to formalize the Electoral College results.

Link

Keep trying Karen - it’s cute! 

image.thumb.jpeg.4c67fb1e92de047731b8ec5cf34a9283.jpeg

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I suggest you link to an article with the actual police report, because that article doesn't have it. It links to paywalls and Tweets. Just a suggestion.

I would suggest the same approach should apply to allegations of criminal behavior by Donald Trump, but really, who would listen? 

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Personally, I think those riots were more about not wanting Trump and I would wager that close to 100% of them still don't want Trump. He didn't do himself any favors while in office and he can't depend on the failures of the succeeding president to win him back voters.

It seems like those riots were about anarchy, just like a lot of riots these days.  As for DJT, so much can happen in the next year or so that it is premature to assume that Biden's obvious inability to lead will result in changing hearts and minds of the undecided.   I see it like this...play it out through the midterms.  The dems will have no shortage of ideas to scuttle the R wave a few months out.  Loan forgiveness, some cooked up scandal, whatever.  

If the Rs can take the house and senate, flip the switch and pursue impeachment/scorched earth against Biden, Pelosi etc if the mood warrants it.  Slow walk it in the lead up to the election.  

With regard to Trump, I would prefer he not run, though that has little to do with his 4 years in office.  He's too old at that point, time to sit aside and just lob verbal shots at the dems.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So, it gives us a picture of the cover page (thanks? Still no link to a report) And then says this before going into speculation:

According to the Department of Justice website, “A CDU is composed of law enforcement officers who are trained to respond to protests, demonstrations, and civil disturbances for the purpose of preventing violence, destruction of property, and unlawful interference with persons exercising their rights under law.”

The objective of MPD was “to assist with the safe execution of any First Amendment demonstration and ensure the safety of the participants, public, and the officers.” CDU personnel and Special Operations Division  (SOD) members were to “monitor for any demonstration and/or violent activity and respond accordingly,” according to the report.

There has been speculation that federal agents and Capitol Police were involved in instigating acts of violence during the protests for the purposes of entrapment. As Red State reported in October 2021, “multiple surveillance videos show masked men opening up the doors to the U.S. Capitol Building to allow protesters to enter. In fact, one video shows them entering while Capitol Police officers simply stand around. Yet, we have no idea who those men are.”

So, in your own words @B-Man, what are your conclusions from this?

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would suggest the same approach should apply to allegations of criminal behavior by Donald Trump, but really, who would listen?  

Me too, and? This game of "I know your are but what am I" goes nowhere.

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

With regard to Trump, I would prefer he not run, though that has little to do with his 4 years in office.  He's too old at that point, time to sit aside and just lob verbal shots at the dems.  

It's looking like he's going to run. Do you think that's good for the party?

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Ummmmm.

Yes.

Trump's Inauguration Day.

1bdf5a2a-872f-4b4e-9580-794ac42f70b2_192

limofire.jpg

170120-trump-protests-rhk-1924p.jpg

and don't forget the George Floyd DC riots by the Left.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-01-at-11.14.31-AM.pn

I'm sure you all won't classify those as mostly peaceful?  Is it your contention that Jan 6 and these things are equally bad?  Serious question. 

Again,  I say anyone breaking the law should be penalized.  Imo 99% of protests are pointless so you won't see me stick up for any of it.

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Me too, and? This game of "I know your are but what am I" goes nowhere.

I'm always willing to stop the game, but after the 4+ years of Russia and things like the Kavanaugh debacle, I simply say "Let's stop the game and work toward unity....but you first.".  Not you specifically, but, well, you know. 

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's looking like he's going to run. Do you think that's good for the party?

"Good for the party"...I'm don't know.  I didn't think he was good for the party to begin with--and in spite of his flaws I enjoyed the persona, The Apprentice etc.  I was driving near Springfield, Mass when he announces and thought it was just classic Trump with the rebrand.   At the same time, I was disillusioned with R leadership and the thought of Jeb Bush being the nominee sickened me.  Another Clinton was a non-starter for me..and I was at the point where I viewed the D/R leadership as just one big party with a few special interests one way or the other. 

So, I think people underestimate the Trump effect.  In spite of 5 years of hammering about what a treasonous person he was, he garnered nearly 75,000,000 votes.   I would think the 1/6 issue will cost him very few of those voters, and that all other thing being equal, Biden might drive many, many more to vote for him. 

The truth is, before COVID, he appeared to be in a very good position to win re-election.  The economy was humming, money long held offshore due to onerous tax law was being repatriated, and there was optimism in spite of his own antics, and the intention of the mainstream media outlets to tie everything bad with the world to him.  

I think there may be a better way to go about things moving forward.  I don't claim to know a ton about DeSantis, his legendary status and his 'he's the demon seed' reputation are likely both vastly overstated.  I think a more well-disciplined candidate, with a reputation for cutting through the b*llshit, calling out his enemies and throwing shots back at them is a better answer at this point given Trump's age at that point.   

I do know that regardless of the choice, the dems will attempt to savage him/her with every accusation under the sun.  A buddy of mine is a believer in Clinton, a hater of Trump, and suggested that he never really hated Bush the W.   The reality is that he did, he used to drip with scorn discussing him, how America "looked" on the international stage, etc etc.  It wasn't until W morphed from a war criminal as President to lovable old Gampy Bush, painter in retirement that the edge came off.