The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You sure don’t care that Trump tried stealing and election

I do care about the Republic, Tibsy, probably more than you when Russiagate collapsed like the North Wall in Game of Thrones, S 7. 

I’m just a realist, and limit my suspension of same for amusement park rides, movies and a good tv series like GOT.  For a while back when I was a young guy, Farrah Fawcett was on the list as well.  

Stop the political jabberwocky, get some charges filed outside this demo circle jerk and we can talk.  Maybe Jennifer I Stand With Ukraine Rubin is on to something here.  

4 hours ago, Doc said:

No one brought any firearms into the Capitol, which is what it would taken at least to have any sort of effect.  Plans weren't foiled: there weren't any plans once they got inside.  

that's a fair take and opinion. I like how the one security guard hoodwinked a bunch of folks away not towards congressmen that day. Some folks just are smart  thinking on their feet. Great job man. 

Its a quagmire of information that of course each partisan side has their take. I just want facts and correct discernment and knowledge. That's it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

that's a fair take and opinion. I like how the one security guard hoodwinked a bunch of folks away not towards congressmen that day. Some folks just are smart  thinking on their feet. Great job man. 

Its a quagmire of information that of course each partisan side has their take. I just want facts and correct discernment and knowledge. That's it. 

I doubt we'll get any of that from these hearings.  Again I look at the lack of weapons brought in and people just leaving on their own after a few hours.  That tells me no one was there to do anything other than protest, with maybe a few rabble-rousers looking to cause trouble, but with no plan what to once inside the building.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It was an ugly day in our history to be sure. Law enforcement should punish wrongdoers, the guilty pursued, and the lack of security addressed with transparency.  

I have zero faith in the transparency leg, which taints pretty much everything else.  

lack of security to secure the capitol that day #UNDERSTATEMENT  geez I mean Yes it was another side of this whole situation which makes muppy go hmmmmmm

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt we'll get any of that from these hearings.  Again I look at the lack of weapons brought in and people just leaving on their own after a few hours.  That tells me no one was there to do anything other than protest, with maybe a few rabble-rousers looking to cause trouble, but with no plan what to once inside the building.

lack of weapons THANK GOD.  that in itself is significant I agree. The information within this tread just is unsettling...best way I can put it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

And you know that how?

Why are you asking me a question based on an assertion made by Tibs?  I had the same question, that’s why I asked Tibsy what more he had beyond what had transpired to that point:

1.  That he alleged something about the specific actions of a representative, including a full-throated frothy declaration that he be locked up;

2. That I searched the internet and found no indication of a criminal probe into the specific actions of the targeted representative that Tibs wants locked up;

3. That I found the Capitol Police stating there was nothing suspicious about the actions of the representative in question and the actions that Tibs specifically feels were criminal involving something like abetting a riot and breaking and entering. 

He declined to provide additional information, but did manage to accuse me of supporting the downfall of the Republic because I said that congressional tours are pretty freaking common. 

In your response, you included a generic statement about concerns the 1/6 committee is hampering* the DOJ criminal probe and has requested all transcripts. 

Is it your contention that the statement you provided deals specifically with the discussion Tibs and I were having?  If it’s one of the “specific prosecutions” mentioned in your post, please, share.  

*Hampering criminal probe”.  That’s interesting.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I do care about the Republic, Tibsy, probably more than you when Russiagate collapsed like the North Wall in Game of Thrones, S 7. 

I’m just a realist, and limit my suspension of same for amusement park rides, movies and a good tv series like GOT.  For a while back when I was a young guy, Farrah Fawcett was on the list as well.  

Stop the political jabberwocky, get some charges filed outside this demo circle jerk and we can talk.  Maybe Jennifer I Stand With Ukraine Rubin is on to something here.  

you are beyond help, on a human/soul level. 

• Disagree 2

53 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I do not believe you care about our republic. There is no way

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This must be true....she has not one but TWO Ukranian flags on her Twitter handle.  These are truly ridiculous people! 

As if you care. 

You could care less the guy was trying to overthrow our republic. Admit it. Or just mock it. 

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You could care less the guy was trying to overthrow our republic. Admit it. Or just mock it. 

By the guy.....do you mean Putin? The oil company executives?  Bill Barr? The Rich?   I'm having a hard time keeping up with who we're supposed to be blaming these days?

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why are you asking me a question based on an assertion made by Tibs?  I had the same question, that’s why I asked Tibsy what more he had beyond what had transpired to that point:

1.  That he alleged something about the specific actions of a representative, including a full-throated frothy declaration that he be locked up;

2. That I searched the internet and found no indication of a criminal probe into the specific actions of the targeted representative that Tibs wants locked up;

3. That I found the Capitol Police stating there was nothing suspicious about the actions of the representative in question and the actions that Tibs specifically feels were criminal involving something like abetting a riot and breaking and entering. 

He declined to provide additional information, but did manage to accuse me of supporting the downfall of the Republic because I said that congressional tours are pretty freaking common. 

In your response, you included a generic statement about concerns the 1/6 committee is hampering* the DOJ criminal probe and has requested all transcripts. 

Is it your contention that the statement you provided deals specifically with the discussion Tibs and I were having?  If it’s one of the “specific prosecutions” mentioned in your post, please, share.  

*Hampering criminal probe”.  That’s interesting.  

My question was clear Lenny.  Keep up

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

As was my response, soldier.  Again, I tried. 

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And the Capitol Police, FBI, DOJ etc haven’t picked up on it yet?

You asked a question - not knowing what is going on... as usual.

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You asked a question - not knowing what is going on... as usual.

That’s the nature of a question, Billst.  I assumed everyone knew that.  

Fortunately, the internet assumes some basic understanding of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation etc, but it can be a tolerant and forgiving place for folks who may have skipped grades 1-12. 

Interestingly, the humble question mark is near universally accepted as the go-to punctuation when a query is in play, but it’s first recorded usage only dates back to 1862.  I feel I like that’s significant, but don’t want those wheels of yours grinding away on this whole question thing.  I offer:

What a ride. 
What, a ride?
What a ride!  

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Have people forgotten about this guy and his buddies? They were on a mission. Clearly they had a different purpose to be there than the crazy rioters. 

1C09958E-E15A-497C-947A-19EC7C262AB2.jpeg

Edited by Andy1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Fortunately, the internet assumes some basic understanding of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation etc, but it can be a tolerant and forgiving place for folks who may have skipped grades 1-12. 

Interestingly, the humble question mark is near universally accepted as the go-to punctuation when a query is in play, but it’s first recorded usage only dates back to 1862.  I feel I like that’s significant, but don’t want those wheels of yours grinding away on this whole question thing.  I offer:

What a ride. 
What, a ride?
What a ride!  

its first recorded usage*

if you are going to shittt on someone's grammar try to do it right

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, muppy said:

11 hours ago, Doc said:

We've already gotten facts and knowledge from people with direct involvement. I'm not sure how anyone can deny that. What they do with it is up for debate.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What a ride. 
What, a ride?
What a ride!  

• Like (+1) 1