The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

36 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Dont respond to this douche turds WHATABOUTISM.

They cant stick to the topic so they spin and spin and spin.

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+whataboutism&oq=define+whataboutism&aqs=chrome..69i57.3279j1j7&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Hey internet tough guy!  My comment was a valid one as part of a discussion Bob from Michigan and I were having...like two adults.  No reason to call anyone a douche.  Geez!  Grow up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Well, without naming names, almost all of the folks minimizing the seriousness of the J6 event or denying the intended goal of that event are essentially advocating that we ignore the central players’ guilt in orchestrating the event. They don’t want an investigation in my opinion because they don’t want further accountability 

Have you considered the fact that the committee, at least in part, could be over-dramatizing J6 event and be using the hearings largely as political theater?   

Just now, BillStime said:

Should Trump run for office again?

I sure hope he doesn't.  Anyone that can make normal, decent people become lunatic garbage people really isn't good for this country.  FWIW, Trump tends to bring the worst out in people on both sides of the aisle.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Have you considered the fact that the committee, at least in part, could be over-dramatizing J6 event and be using the hearings largely as political theater?   

By interviewing a huge number of members of the former Presidents staff and other Republicans? Come on 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Certainly some part of the hearings are done as political theater.  I don’t believe though that the hearings have convinced me that Jan6 was an attempt to overturn the election. I have recognized that for a long time

Have you any rational explanation for holding the J6 rally on a Wednesday morning other than to disrupt the recognition of electors?

Edited by Bob in Mich

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Certainly some part of the hearings are done as political theater.  I don’t believe though that the hearings have convinced me that Jan6 was an attempt to overturn the election. I have recognized that for a long time

Have you any rational explanation for holding the J6 rally on a Wednesday morning other than to disrupt the recognition of electors?

The reason's obvious. If you only just want to make a point, you want the rally to be as close as possible to the day that action is being taken (it makes for really bad optics for those under the big dome). The 24 hour news cycle moves fast. If you wait too long afterwards or precede it by too many days....the media circus will have already moved on. And likewise...if you really want to 'overturn an election', you do NOT do this on the day of the recognition of electors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

I believe that Trump expected the protesters to march to the capital building and protest there.  I think most Americans do.   Do I think he expected it to go any further than just a loud bunch of a-holes protesting? He probably hoped so, but I'd be shocked if he was stupid enough to actually do anything about it.  

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The reason's obvious. If you only just want to make a point, you want the rally to be as close as possible to the day that action is being taken (it makes for really bad optics for those under the big dome). The 24 hour news cycle moves fast. If you wait too long afterwards or precede it by too many days....the media circus will have already moved on. And likewise...if you really want to 'overturn an election', you do NOT do this on the day of the recognition of electors.

Deek, you have provided a possible explanation. I don’t believe it is the actual reason but thanks for the reply

in my view Trump engaged in a multi-pronged attempt to invalidate the election in key states to try to stay in office.  In order,  he used court cases, the calls to the state election officials, and the meetings with state legislators all in unsuccessful attempts to overturn the votes.  Jan 6 was a late game effort to push the key state elector decision back to state legislatures

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

WHAT IF THEY THREW A SHOW TRIAL AND NOBODY SHOWED? 

Even Rachel Maddow Isn’t Drinking the J6 Committee’s Kool-Aid.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/06/13/what-even-rachel-maddow-isnt-drinking-the-j6-committees-kool-aid-n1605087

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-msnbc-trump-january-6-812580682948

PJ Media?  Really??

So wait, when did Trump tell the people who actually breached the Capitol barricades?  Was it telepathy?  Have they rolled on him?  Did Epps even allege Trump was behind it?

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes.

Matt Margolis is the author of Trumping Obama: How President Trump Saved Us From Barack Obama's Legacy.

He is also a columnist for PJ Media. He lives with his family on a vineyard near Buffalo, New York.

Associated Press ?  Really??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

32 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I believe that Trump expected the protesters to march to the capital building and protest there.  I think most Americans do.   Do I think he expected it to go any further than just a loud bunch of a-holes protesting? He probably hoped so, but I'd be shocked if he was stupid enough to actually do anything about it.  

J6 was 4 years in the making.  It was the culmination of years of reckless behavior.  From the get go he did everything he could to whip his followers into a frenzy. Lock her up, Fake News, embracing QAnon, and it all came home to roost when he spent weeks preparing his base for a "stolen" election before a single ballot was cast.  

I highly doubt Trump planned or orchestrated much of anything on J6 and even if he did I doubt it can be proven.  Hes indirectly responsible and that won't hold up in court.  

There is definitely some level of political theater at play and the most serious of charges are unlikely to stick in my opinion.  Examples will be made of a few instigators.  That still doesn't make J6 a non-event, a witch hunt, or a form of political persecution as many are desperately claiming.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Deek, you have provided a possible explanation. I don’t believe it is the actual reason but thanks for the reply

in my view Trump engaged in a multi-pronged attempt to invalidate the election in key states to try to stay in office.  In order,  he used court cases, the calls to the state election officials, and the meetings with state legislators all in unsuccessful attempts to overturn the votes.  Jan 6 was a late game effort to push the key state elector decision back to state legislatures

I don’t disagree. All the more reason to make a final stink on January 6th. I have never agreed with those that entered the Capitol but I’m pretty sure the actual Trump administration was beyond frustrated with how the election ‘went down’…and I don’t blame them.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t disagree. All the more reason to make a final stink on January 6th. I have never agreed with those that entered the Capitol but I’m pretty sure the actual Trump administration was beyond frustrated with how the election ‘went down’…and I don’t blame them.

Just like the Dems were with how the 2016 election went down.

59 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Trump didnt even organize the rally, Women for Trump did. We decided to go before we even knew Trump would be speaking there.  We went to show support for Trump and have our voices heard that we were not satisfied that more investigation hadn't happened concerning many voting practices. 

During the speeches it was mostly like a music festival, just fun an friendly.  During the march it was like a mockery of BLM marches, chants were "who's streets? sesame streets!"  When we arrived to the outside of the Capitol I expected to just hoot and holler, hear a speech, and go home. 

I took a folding chair out of some plastic wrap and sat down.  Within seconds tear gas landed near me.  Someone picked it up and threw it back to the cop who shot it down.  He and his fellow cops ran.  The crowd surged up the outside steps and some started climbing the walls.  I never knew that anyone even made it inside.  I had lost my friends (phones werent working because of the amount of ppl there) and I paced all around the outside until we met back up and we left after being on the grounds for an hour or so.  

When I left I felt good about what happened until I got back to the hotel and saw that people had entered the building.  But, my intention of being there was not to disrupt the electors.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just like the Dems were with how the 2016 election went down.

Exactly….but the difference is that the Trump campaign/Republicans hasn’t boycotted the inauguration, created a fake narrative impeachment, torn up the State of the Union, etc. ….to date they’ve just allowed the Biden Administration fall all over themselves unimpeded. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

Trump didnt even organize the rally, Women for Trump did. We decided to go before we even knew Trump would be speaking there.  We went to show support for Trump and have our voices heard that we were not satisfied that more investigation hadn't happened concerning many voting practices. 

During the speeches it was mostly like a music festival, just fun an friendly.  During the march it was like a mockery of BLM marches, chants were "who's streets? sesame streets!"  When we arrived to the outside of the Capitol I expected to just hoot and holler, hear a speech, and go home. 

I took a folding chair out of some plastic wrap and sat down.  Within seconds tear gas landed near me.  Someone picked it up and threw it back to the cop who shot it down.  He and his fellow cops ran.  The crowd surged up the outside steps and some started climbing the walls.  I never knew that anyone even made it inside.  I had lost my friends (phones werent working because of the amount of ppl there) and I paced all around the outside until we met back up and we left after being on the grounds for an hour or so.  

When I left I felt good about what happened until I got back to the hotel and saw that people had entered the building.  But, my intention of being there was not to disrupt the electors.  

Beach, thanks for the personal anecdote.  Protests can be gratifying.  If I had believed that the election was about to be stolen I might have gone out to protest too.

The thing is, you need proof.  Nearly every national election has its results determined by state election officials.  This election many Trump supporters here want us to take the word of Trump over the sworn statements of those officials.  If the shoe was on the other foot and today Biden was protesting his loss, would you take his word that he was robbed or would you demand evidence?  

I think it obvious the Jan6 date was chosen to allow protesters to delay certification.  I don’t know who first announced that date but it was not just coincidental imo

if you watched the first hearing you would have seen that the apparent plan had the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers starting the attack before Trump’s speech was even finished.  These folks had the defined role to disrupt the proceedings and the masses that followed were largely just for cover, again, to my way of thinking.  Beach, you needn’t have intended to disrupt but some protesters at the same event most certainly did

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

@T master Evil walks with thugs

Here is his own campaign lawyer 

Well any one can be wrong when making allegations it's like you saying that the sitting president now is doing a good job when in fact we all know he's a wing nut & more than likely couldn't run a hot dog stand successfully but he's still there despite all the proof to the contrary . 

I for one never thought that he would have the proof to over turn the election but he did & a lot of others thought so that's their prerogative just like what i wrote in the previous sentence when it comes to believing in this POTUS . 

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Beach, thanks for the personal anecdote.  Protests can be gratifying.  If I had believed that the election was about to be stolen I might have gone out to protest too.

The thing is, you need proof.  Nearly every national election has its results determined by state election officials.  This election many Trump supporters here want us to take the word of Trump over the sworn statements of those officials.  If the shoe was on the other foot and today Biden was protesting his loss, would you take his word that he was robbed or would you demand evidence?  

I think it obvious the Jan6 date was chosen to allow protesters to delay certification.  I don’t know who first announced that date but it was not just coincidental imo

if you watched the first hearing you would have seen that the apparent plan had the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers starting the attack before Trump’s speech was even finished.  These folks had the defined role to disrupt the proceedings and the masses that followed were largely just for cover, again, to my way of thinking.  Beach, you needn’t have intended to disrupt but some protesters at the same event most certainly did

i def didnt say the election was stolen.  i dont know.  but there were plenty of discrepancies i thought needed more looking into.  its weird to me that people can say one way or another that it was or wasnt fair, you are really just trusting a news source for that. 

Yes, J6 was chosen for a reason but i really dont think it was to break in and stop the electors.  it seems obvious they would just finish up later like they did.  it was a very small portion of people who went in or did any violence, but for some reason we didnt get the "mostly peaceful" tag. 

• Haha (+1) 1