The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Besides the death of Ashli Babbitt who died? I know it messes with your world view but she is the only one.

Ashli Babbitt died on the scene, killed by police while while the rioters tried to breach a door. That alone should be enough.

There were also a couple of heart attacks and at least one person who died of a stroke. While those may have been underlying conditions, it stands to reason that they may not have died that day had they not been at the scene.

Also, more than one police officer died by suicide after experiencing the riot. 

You cannot handwave Babbit's death away. The heart attack / stroke deaths are debatable. But, I would argue that the riot was the "but-for" cause of the suicides.

In any event, people died because of the riots, dozens of police officers were assaulted and the certification of the election was interrupted. It was a stain on our history. However it may have started, it was not a peaceful protest.

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ashli Babbitt died on the scene, killed by police while while the rioters tried to breach a door. That alone should be enough.

There were also a couple of heart attacks and at least one person who died of a stroke. While those may have been underlying conditions, it stands to reason that they may not have died that day had they not been at the scene.

You cannot handwave Babbit's death away. The heart attack / stroke deaths are debatable. But, I would argue that the riot was the "but-for" cause of the suicides.

In any event, people died because of the riots, dozens of police officers were assaulted and the certification of the election was interrupted. It was a stain on our history. However it may have started, it was not a peaceful protest.

Were you this apathetic when police officers killed an unarmed black man? I really doubt you were. Where’s Nancy’s farcical congressional kneeling ceremony? Where are the yard signs? When do the liquor stores and appliance shops and churches get burned? 

You’re curiosity seems a tad partisan…no?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You think police officers committed suicide because of that event? I am not sure how to react to that except assume you don't have any friends who are cops. Cops don't kill themselves over crap like that, if they did the summer of 2020 would have had a ton of suicide.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You think police officers committed suicide because of that event? I am not sure how to react to that except assume you don't have any friends who are cops. Cops don't kill themselves over crap like that, if they did the summer of 2020 would have had a ton of suicide.

I absolutely believe it, just as the police department and the family of the deceased cops believe it: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna19433

I also have friends who are cops and I think we ask FAR too much of them and put them in bad situations that they may not be able to handle. Jan 6. is no different. Cops are humans. They are not superheroes. They are people trying to do their best at a job that often involves conflict. They were not prepared for the violence on Jan 6 and even those that survived have to deal with trauma. Some of them were unable to do so and took their own lives. 

44 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I absolutely believe it, just as the police department and the family of the deceased cops believe it: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna19433

I also have friends who are cops and I think we ask FAR too much of them and put them in bad situations that they may not be able to handle. Jan 6. is no different. Cops are humans. They are not superheroes. They are people trying to do their best at a job that often involves conflict. They were not prepared for the violence on Jan 6 and even those that survived have to deal with trauma. Some of them were unable to do so and took their own lives. 

Seriously compare the damage done on January 6th to the riots of 2020- unless you had a huge amount of suicides from what happened across the country then this is nonsense. And please only speak for your side when you state "we" ask too much. I defend cops 95% of the time against liberals. January 6th lasted less than 3 hours, nothing was burned down, few people attacked the cops, and if that is what sent that guy over the edge I feel bad but there was a lot more going on with him than that day.  

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Seriously compare the damage done on January 6th to the riots of 2020- unless you had a huge amount of suicides from what happened across the country then this is nonsense. And please only speak for your side when you state "we" ask too much. I defend cops 95% of the time against liberals. January 6th lasted less than 3 hours, nothing was burned down, few people attacked the cops, and if that is what sent that guy over the edge I feel bad but there was a lot more going on with him than that day.  

This may come as a surprise to some of the people on this board, but the summer of 2020 and January 6th, 2021 were completely different things experienced by different people in different ways. Comparisons between them are generally just whataboutism crap from people who either don’t understand reality or are acting in bad faith.  

In any case, roughly 80 officers were injured as they fought off assault for several hours during the January 6th riots. 

I do not know if you are one of those ACAB people, but personally I do not dismiss the harm that came to the police on that day. 

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

This may come as a surprise to some of the people on this board, but the summer of 2020 and January 6th, 2021 were completely different things experienced by different people in different ways. Comparisons between them are generally just whataboutism crap from people who either don’t understand reality or are acting in bad faith.  

In any case, roughly 80 officers were injured as they fought off assault for several hours during the January 6th riots. 

I do not know if you are one of those ACAB people, but personally I do not dismiss the harm that came to the police on that day. 

We do agree that summer 2020 was much worse, in many more places, to many more people, where police fought for a lot more several hours. Once again we likely have come to an impasse because you are either ignorant or can't see the forest for the trees 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You overturn one election and it's all over. I know your right wing radio people won't tell you that, but that's how it works 

Still not sure what this radio fixation is all about but I believe this was a protest that simply got WAY out of hand. They were not trying to overthrow anything, but rather trying to slow the rush to confirm the results of the election….not reverse the results. I know I’ll never convince you and I’m certainly not in favor of, nor do in any way support what those people did that day.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

We do agree that summer 2020 was much worse, in many more places, to many more people, where police fought for a lot more several hours. Once again we likely have come to an impasse because you are either ignorant or can't see the forest for the trees 

I am a bit confused because when I look at this thread’s title, it seems to be about the Jan 6 insurrection, not the summer of 2020. 

Either I have that wrong, or people keep bringing up 2020 as a distraction from actually talking about Jan 6…

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

If indeed 80 police officers were injured that day then somebody needs to be held accountable for failing to send in reinforcements while hanging the officers on duty out to dry in the face of 100K protesters.  That's something nobody is in any hurry to explain.  If I put my skeptic hat on I'd conclude not sending in more forces to restore order looks like somebody in charge wanted it to happen the way it did.  I think its called "false flag".  Look no further than the Speaker's office where the House Sargent at Arms and other security officials report.  But who is asking those questions?  Certainly not the Committee or our free and fair press.  Even the Republican establishment won't touch it.    

The other thing is its not that event was "different" from 2020 events but rather what's different is the application of the law.  The message I get is political crimes against the establishment, the government, and the ruling party will not be tolerated and will be punished to the fullest extent possible.  Whatever you want to call it the simple fact is almost every offense committed and pursued against individuals is misdemeanor trespassing or some other minor violations of the law.  You can't keep calling something an insurrection without insurrectionist.  There are no indictments or warrants outstanding on that charge.  So its just word-speak. 

But perpetrators that commit economic crimes and crimes in 2020 against private citizens and private property or crimes in support of the establishment's political and social agenda will be ignored and in many places government agents and actors care more about the felon than their victim. 

No society that arbitrarily enforces the rule of law based on political and ideological interests can be considered "free".  And as far as democracy in this situation its an illusion.  Justice and the law cannot be conditional.  Conditional on the whims of leaders and political activism.  It must be absolute and it must be fair.       

What supporters here of the establishment and the party in power fail to comprehend is government control changes.  Control of Congress is likely to change with the mid-terms in November.  And when the other guy takes charge don't piss and moan when people you support get run through the rigger.  When committee chairs and majorities shift we're soon have lots of hearings calling into question all kinds of things and people.  Its how you want it. 

Internal Capitol Police review found sweeping intelligence, security failures on Pelosi's watch

by John Solomon

Capitol Police compiled a secret after-action review months after the Jan. 6 riots that identified sweeping blunders by the department ranging from delayed deployment of specialized civil disturbance units to the fateful dismantling of an intelligence unit that monitored social media for threats.

Identifying 53 areas of failure needing corrective action, the June 4, 2021 report, obtained by Just the News, produces a far more stark portrait of leadership failures than those offered by Democrat-led investigations, making abundantly clear that the Capitol Police under House Speaker Nancy Pelosi were ill-equipped to defend one of America's most symbolic and high-value institutions two decades after the Sept. 11 attacks.

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/internal-capitol-police-review-found-sweeping-intelligence-security-failures

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Internal Capitol Police review found sweeping intelligence, security failures on Pelosi's watch

by John Solomon

Capitol Police compiled a secret after-action review months after the Jan. 6 riots that identified sweeping blunders by the department ranging from delayed deployment of specialized civil disturbance units to the fateful dismantling of an intelligence unit that monitored social media for threats.

Identifying 53 areas of failure needing corrective action, the June 4, 2021 report, obtained by Just the News, produces a far more stark portrait of leadership failures than those offered by Democrat-led investigations, making abundantly clear that the Capitol Police under House Speaker Nancy Pelosi were ill-equipped to defend one of America's most symbolic and high-value institutions two decades after the Sept. 11 attacks.

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/internal-capitol-police-review-found-sweeping-intelligence-security-failures

53? That’s like 4 times the number of thing that went wrong in Chernobyl 

• Like (+1) 1

Lights! Camera! Action! It’s The Primetime Jan 6 Committee!

by Bob Hoge

Grab the popcorn and the Red Vines (Twizzlers, if you’re on the East Coast), put up your feet, and prepare to get excited–it’s the primetime Jan 6 hearings, broadcast live Thursday at 8 pm Eastern on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and MSNBC. Fox News is choosing to stick to its regular lineup, which makes sense because its evening shows often pull in over 3 million viewers each.No word on if there will be a halftime show, or if Beyonce has agreed to perform in it.

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/06/08/lights-camera-action-its-the-primetime-jan-6-committee-n576410