The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So threatened.

And over, and over, and over.

No response.

I guess we'll go back to talking Three Wise Men on January 6

By Silvio Canto, Jr

As a kid growing up in a Cuban Catholic home, I remember waking up on January 6 and rushing to see gifts the Three Wise Men had left us.  Kids in the U.S. had Santa Claus, and we had Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthasar, the three men who brought gifts to the baby Jesus. 

Last January 6, some people got out of control and charged the U.S. Capitol.  It was immediately called an "insurrection" and got President Trump impeached.

So where are we now?  It appears that a lot of people, especially in the news media, have a little explaining to do, as Julie Kelly wrote:

The Justice Department now seems to be prepping the ground for a major letdown. "The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result," Reuters reported August 20. Nearly all of the cases, four former and current law enforcement officials said, are "one-offs" while roughly five percent are associated with so-called militia groups.

"FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol. But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside," the unnamed sources told Reuters.

So something happened, but not an effort to overthrow the U.S. government or an insurrection.

Looking back, my gut feeling turned out to be right.  I recall going locally on TV and saying I did not think the rioters were Trump-supporters.  Why not?  Because violence and chaos were never part of Trump rallies.  Did you ever hear of Trump-supporters burning cities or attacking the police?  Secondly, I always wondered about Capitol security.  How could a major U.S. federal building be this unprotected?  What if real terrorists with bombs had actually attacked the Capitol?

So drop the probe unless we are looking into who decided to leave the Capitol unprotected.

Thank God we are getting our January 6 back — the day that brings back so many childhood memories in Cuba.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/08/i_guess_well_go_back_to_talking_three_wise_men_on_january_6th.html

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886y46h0cmlgehfdg9g7o

scant

/skant/

adjective

1.barely sufficient or adequate:"companies with scant regard for the safety of future generations"

verb

1.provide grudgingly or in insufficient amounts:North American"he does not scant his attention to the later writings"

28 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

scant

/skant/

adjective

1.barely sufficient or adequate:"companies with scant regard for the safety of future generations"

verb

1.provide grudgingly or in insufficient amounts:North American"he does not scant his attention to the later writings"

I have to say that it seems that “scant” is an exaggeration based on what has been revealed so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This post intrigues me.  You took the time to seek it out, read it, and consider it important enough to share with the group.  My assumption—and I could be wrong here—is that you think it bolsters a case against Jim Jordan for…something.

So, I read it, looking for some sort of smoking gun.  The article can be summed up as follows:

1. Politico asked Jim Jordan if he spoke with Donald Trump on 1/6.

2. Politico said Jordan said he spoke with Donald Trump on 1/6. 

3. Newsweek, recognizing that there is no compelling interest to a story that suggest a journalist received a benign answer to a question, decided to spice things up.  Instead of writing “Jordan answered the question…”, they changed it to “Jordan admitted…” adding a conspiratorial tone to the story.  

4.  A couple no-name losers have suggested Jordan saying he spoke with the President is indicative of….what?  Speaking with the president?  

What are you seeing here Billsy?   The criminal investigatory arm of the US government is going nowhere fast. Trump is not implicated. Jordan is not implicated.  

What’s got you bird dogging this one?   

yahoo.com told him in between kardassian stories

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

But no charges for using them?

19 hours ago,  Doc said: 

So, still no one charged with gun possession or treason and still no evidence of being coordinated?  Keep tilting at windmills, Donkey hoteys.  

——— stop moving goal posts when you’re wrong.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

But no charges for using them?

Your initial statement was there were no gun possession charges. Yes there were. You spreading misinformation is incorrect and while usually okay on right wing sites shouldn’t be the norm here.

Instead of admitting your misinformation and then asking if there were charges for guns being fired is moving the goal posts so much that Scott Norwood would have won the Super Bowl.

We would need to know the prosecutor’s intent on discharge. 1. what’s the parts of the crime that need to be proved and what’s the difficulty in proving them and 2. Is the extra jail time, if any worth the extra work time and effort then putting the scumbag in jail for possession? 

As a nation, we’ve spend a crazy amount of putting these idiots in jail. Let them rot on easy sentences and save the American taxpayers money.

24 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Your initial statement was there were no gun possession charges. Yes there were. You spreading misinformation is incorrect and while usually okay on right wing sites shouldn’t be the norm here.

Instead of admitting your misinformation and then asking if there were charges for guns being fired is moving the goal posts so much that Scott Norwood would have won the Super Bowl.

We would need to know the prosecutor’s intent on discharge. 1. what’s the parts of the crime that need to be proved and what’s the difficulty in proving them and 2. Is the extra jail time, if any worth the extra work time and effort then putting the scumbag in jail for possession? 

As a nation, we’ve spend a crazy amount of putting these idiots in jail. Let them rot on easy sentences and save the American taxpayers money.

For you.

and your scattered replies.

BASIC CONCEPTS OF LOGIC

https://courses.umass.edu/phil110-gmh/text/c01.pdf

The definition of 'argument' that is relevant to logic is given as follows. An argument is a collection of statements 

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

9 hours ago,  Doc said: 

So, still no one charged with gun possession or treason and still no evidence of being coordinated?  Keep tilting at windmills, Donkey hoteys.  

——— stop moving goal posts when you’re wrong.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

True, I said "gun possession" despite knowing that 1 person had been charged awhile ago with possession.  I should have been more specific.  Because only 4 people out of 600 or so being charged with possession, without brandishing their weapons, much less using them, and none being charged with insurrection/treason, isn't much of a winner for you.

Yes, as a nation we've spent a crazy amount of money on trumped-up charges of trespassing, disorderly conduct, destruction of property and assault.  We should have released them like we released the domestic terrorists/insurrectionists from last year.  We would have saved a lot more.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

For you.

and your scattered replies.

BASIC CONCEPTS OF LOGIC

https://courses.umass.edu/phil110-gmh/text/c01.pdf

The definition of 'argument' that is relevant to logic is given as follows. An argument is a collection of statements 

It’s very logical:

Doc: where are the gun possession charges 

Me: They’re here

Doc: One sec, Im moving the goalposts from my original request and now want the gun charges where shots are fire

Me: you’re moving the goalposts

As an NPC with all of your right wing articles you like to post, I’m sure you like to see factual accuracy. 

Doc posting implying that there were no gun charges on 1/6 is factually inaccurate.

Just now, BillStime said:

Is Marjorie or Kev worried their phone records and data is going to show who planted those pipe bombs on 1/5?

Why so tired?

Party is just getting started old man.

There’s a difference between tired and bored. You’re exhausting and I’m bored.