The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

On 7/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, SectionC3 said:

I think you meant the Capitol.  You also might want to brush up on that thing called circumstantial evidence.  Or not.  Either way it’s fine with me. 

A pleasant afternoon to you as well.  

It’s sad that Chef Jim Crow, DoQ, and that Deek guy hate America so much that they don’t see a problem

with an attempt to defeat the will of the voters and to overthrow the government.  Maybe you guys could try Myanmar for awhile and see how it goes.  

What's up with the name calling?  

19 hours ago, Doc said:

Great Gibbons, you admit that Waters, Booker, Castro and even Pelosi told people to riot.  One lasted 8 months, led to more crime nationally and has a great chance of happening over and over.  The other lasted 8 hours, was self-limited and will never happen again.

And the last sentence is silly.  The Capitol police officers at the Capitol had no control over how much security was provided that day.  Again they should be directing their anger at those who rebuffed requests for significantly more security that day, as things likely wouldn't have gotten to the point they did.

19 hours ago, 716er said:

will ferrell laughing GIF

What's the point of this response?  What did he say that's idiotic?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

MC_TheInquistion_web20210723123354.jpg

Pelosi gets her puppets for partisan Jan. 6 commission

by David Zukerman

The partisan political propaganda is stunning to behold, even for The New York Times. This observation refers to the July 22 New York Times story on the Pelosi ban on two Republican congressmen from her Jan. 6 select committee, which now will consist of eight Pelosi puppets.

(snip)

Let's pause a sec for an instant translation. The "conduct" at issue alluded to apparent concern that the banned representatives would not go along with the biased findings of Pelosi's eight committee puppets, but would insist on issuing a minority (that is to say, dissenting) report, and in Pelosi-world, dissent is not acceptable.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/pelosi_gets_her_puppets_for_partisan_jan_6_commission.html

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” - Confucius. 

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by David Zukerman

The partisan political propaganda is stunning to behold, even for The New York Times. This observation refers to the July 22 New York Times story on the Pelosi ban on two Republican congressmen from her Jan. 6 select committee, which now will consist of eight Pelosi puppets.

(snip)

Let's pause a sec for an instant translation. The "conduct" at issue alluded to apparent concern that the banned representatives would not go along with the biased findings of Pelosi's eight committee puppets, but would insist on issuing a minority (that is to say, dissenting) report, and in Pelosi-world, dissent is not acceptable.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/pelosi_gets_her_puppets_for_partisan_jan_6_commission.html

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” - Confucius. 

Did the GQP not have a chance to vote for a bi partisan commission?

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

So, what are you biching about?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

To me this is the crux of the biscuit.

Really the only part I care about.  As you say everyone knew something was going to happen.  Why the failure in security?  Normally to try to take over America you need an F15 and a couple of nukes.  But on this day a mob waltzed right in. Got into the chamber and the Speaker's office.

I won't go as far as you on the fire thing, but Democrats have made and will continue to make massive hay off of it.  A great fund raising tool.

Not convinced democrats were not involved or at least complicit in the riot of 1/6/21.

It is an important question.  Along with a question I posed a couple weeks ago which is given there was no defense in place against "the plot" what actually stopped the "insurrectionists" from taking more serious and damaging actions? 

What happened is consistent with looters breaking into a store with no cops in sight and just stealing the gum and candy near the register while leaving the flat screens and home entertainment equipment behind.  It would appear to make no sense and require some level of explanation.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

These are not Democrats, they are radical left wing marxists who want the country to burn. 

This!  I’m a “Kennedy” Crat.  Personal accountability and serve your country.  What’s happened is a progressive needle has moved so far left that it no longer represents anything close to that anymore.  Today’s liberal (the exact ones Malcolm warned us ALL about 50 years ago), have taken the party hostage.  It’s really showed in spades after the election and it breaks my heart.  Everyone is now focused outward on the problem and nobody is looking inward on the bigger problem.  The good Democrats (Tulsi for example) can’t advance because of their party’s in-fighting and other nefarious things.

These aren’t Democrats.  These are liberals.  They’re a different breed.  Mostly white, emotionally unstable and their only perspective is what they’re led to understand through their capitalist-provided, but non-capitalist labeled trough of stupidity.  When every powerful business and wealthy person backs a single side the way we’re seeing…. That’s not a side I’m dumb enough to stand on.  That’s called communism.  And the idiots here that spew their stupidity day in and out just to get a rise are the same idiots leading us into that exact future.  They’re truly too blind to see that they’ve been fooled.  Kennedy saw all of this coming, too and shared it in his great vague speech before he was killed.  Truly unfortunate what my party has become.  Kennedy and Dr King would be disgusted by this.  

Edited by Frat-Train
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Huge political miscalculation by Nancy here. With each rejection of a dissenting voice she pounds another nail into the coffin that’ll make anything this committee says or does look totally partisan. I honestly thought she was smarter than that. She’ll get her moment at the microphone and lose the argument.

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huge political miscalculation by Nancy here. With each rejection of a dissenting voice she pounds another nail into the coffin that’ll make anything this committee says or does look totally partisan. I honestly thought she was smarter than that. She’ll get her moment at the microphone and lose the argument.

Nah, this backfired on McCarthy - his cult voted against the bi partisan commission with equal subpoena power.  Enough with the faux outrage.

Nancy for the win:

dfgh.JPG

In addition to the above stuff (why security was so light that day, whether FBI was involved/egged-on others), the only other thing I care about is whether Trump actually told them to break into the Capitol.  Failing that, it's a dog-and-pony show and a complete waste of time.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Republicans should request a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of reps from each side and a bunch of other request, get the Dems to agree to that commission. Then back out of that arrangement. 

Oh ***** they already did that in the Senate. The Reps are getting exactly what they wanted, which is not a bipartisan inquiry. They want a one sided affair that they can say is biased and fake. 

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

by David Zukerman

(snip)

Copyright infringement. 

• Vomit 1

11 hours ago, John Adams said:

The Republicans should request a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of reps from each side and a bunch of other request, get the Dems to agree to that commission. Then back out of that arrangement. 

Oh ***** they already did that in the Senate. The Reps are getting exactly what they wanted, which is not a bipartisan inquiry. They want a one sided affair that they can say is biased and fake. 

Copyright infringement. 

You’re correct. And that’s why I said it’s a huge mistake on Nancy’s part. She’s smarter than that, or at least once was. It’s all a big game of chicken. Nobody will remember how the committee was formed….but the optics of a partisan witch hunt will live on. The findings are doomed for the dumpster fire of history. 

• Like (+1) 1

'Almost giddy': Author describes Trump during Capitol riot

Carol Leonnig, a co-author of the book "I Alone Can Fix It," describes how former President Donald Trump reacted while he was watching the January 6 Capitol riot unfold on TV from inside the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/23/carol-leonnig-trump-capitol-riot-tv-sot-vpx-newday.cnn

• Vomit 1

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

'Almost giddy': Author describes Trump during Capitol riot

Carol Leonnig, a co-author of the book "I Alone Can Fix It," describes how former President Donald Trump reacted while he was watching the January 6 Capitol riot unfold on TV from inside the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/23/carol-leonnig-trump-capitol-riot-tv-sot-vpx-newday.cnn

i cant even imagine what " almost giddy" would look like.  "almost anything" means nothing to me.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

In addition to the above stuff (why security was so light that day, whether FBI was involved/egged-on others), the only other thing I care about is whether Trump actually told them to break into the Capitol.  Failing that, it's a dog-and-pony show and a complete waste of time.

Looks like you read one of my recent posts and decided to join the literalists. 

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You give yourself way too much credit counselor.

Besides your words were "Storm the Capitol".

Literalists.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Chef Jim

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

By the literalists do you mean how your dear leader says we are in the middle of a civil war, literally, or no?

Edited by Unforgiven

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Wasn't Trump acquitted of this in the 2nd impeachment trial?  Of course some might use the fact it was a Republican Senate that rendered a not guilty verdict without acknowledging the fact the current House "Committee" is stacked with Democrats that have already expressed their view the former President is complicit.

So what's the moral here?  Politics and impartial justice are mutually exclusive.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

The last people in the world that should be investigating anything to get to the truth are politicians.  Those that think otherwise have been incredibly duped.   They like their little tools all lined up in their toolsheds.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1