Season tickets selling fast?

17 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

The ticket office is telling me I can't get 4 seats together in my preferred section. Is this an attempt to upsell? 

Never purchased season tickets before....

this does not surprise me.....there is a process with existing STH before they get to you.

in a normal year, the following would need to occur first:

#1- decide on price increase

#2- deadline for existing STH to renew would pass (usually early march).

#3- then there would be a so called RELOCATION event, where current STH can upgrade their location as cancelled/previously owned seats become available (usually late march).

add in tremendous demand now that we have a great team:

#4 - bills will cap total STH at say 60,000 seats.....leaving +10,000 for individuals.

add in how covid effects their plans....who knows, but it is likely there will be restricted capacity and again wind up offering the chance for STH to OPT OUT (saving  seniority).

CONCLUSION....after all that, assuming you put down $100 deposit to secure your spot on STH waiting list, you will likely get your 4 seats together.....but highly UNLIKELY in your first choice preferred section.

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, papazoid said:

this does not surprise me.....there is a process with existing STH before they get to you.

in a normal year, the following would need to occur first:

#1- decide on price increase

#2- deadline for existing STH to renew would pass (usually early march).

#3- then there would be a so called RELOCATION event, where current STH can upgrade their location as cancelled/previously owned seats become available (usually late march).

add in tremendous demand now that we have a great team:

#4 - bills will cap total STH at say 60,000 seats.....leaving +10,000 for individuals.

add in how covid effects their plans....who knows, but it is likely there will be restricted capacity and again wind up offering the chance for STH to OPT OUT (saving  seniority).

CONCLUSION....after all that, assuming you put down $100 deposit to secure your spot on STH waiting list, you will likely get your 4 seats together.....but highly UNLIKELY in your first choice preferred section.

Agree with this 100%.  The Bills take care of long time STHers with relocation offerings before taking care of the new customers.  I've benefitted from relocating a few times, and it only makes sense that they reward long suffering customers first.

13 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

What are the chances that games will be full capacity for next season? 

IDK, but you bring up a good point.  It’s become a popular thought the majority of the country may be vaccinated by that time, now guys please no COVID talk as I’m only saying as it pertains to football attendance.  It’s hard not to mention, but I’m not engaging a non football conversation so please no replies on anything but football.

NJK, you still make a good point no matter the outside conditions, there still might be some restrictions to whatever %.  I just hope whoever wants to go at that point can go, and I’ll either be there with you in spirit, or really be there.  I love the excitement.  Some things are worth the investment.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Ticket sales were hitting levels not seen since the early 90's in recent seasons.  I think they will be breaking records for the upcoming season.   If you want them consider yourself fortunate you can get something though, there are a lot of stadiums with decades long waiting lists.

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

Umm... let’s just say... I certainly frigging hope not.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Ticket sales were hitting levels not seen since the early 90's in recent seasons.  I think they will be breaking records for the upcoming season.   If you want them consider yourself fortunate you can get something though, there are a lot of stadiums with decades long waiting lists.

Many of those reported waiting lists dried up like Washington Team Football (WTF) one.

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

I have a few friends thinking of getting season tickets.  I advised them to jump on it now.

Once the dust settles on covid (hopefully) and the 2021 season is coming close, I think we are going to see a cap on season tickets with a substantive waiting list.  I dont believe that will let up until a few off years (hopefully that wont be for awhile).

The down-side is that it will allow them to increase the pricing of season tickets every year as well as over-charge for box office.  In the Sabres case they kind of had a false sense of demand due to the waiting list and the price points are now set way too high

40 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Many of those reported waiting lists dried up like Washington Team Football (WTF) one.

As a  Bills fan who is a Jet season ticket holder ( I live about 20 minutes from MetLife) I can tell you both the Giants and Jets went thru their respective waiting lists with the move from Giants Stadium to MetLife. Many couldn't or wouldn't afford the PSL fee. I have two seats. At Giants Stadium I was paying $1700 for everything (tickets, parking pass). At MetLife I now pay $3700 for everything (tickets, parking pass, PSL fee). For the people of WNY I hope Rich Stadium, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Bills Stadium lasts a long time. You don't want a new stadium for what it will cost you.

• Like (+1) 5

On 2/16/2021 at 10:18 AM, Greg S said:

I hope so. I miss going to the games. Of course safety for everyone comes first. I am not worried about it for myself but I don't want to see anyone else get sick either. Curious to see what attendance will be like for baseball over the summer. If fans can attend baseball games then that is a good sign for football attendance returning to normal.

We won't have established heard immunity until probably late summer. Baseball stadiums will probably limit fans but by the time football season starts,  I could see stadiums near full capacity. 

• Like (+1) 1