What's Tyrel Dodson future with this team?

Joe Marino in his podcast about his our Linebackers actually brought up a good point.  Could Dodson be someone that could fill Milano's spot if/he when he leaves?  He thought Dodson looked decent in his limited time he had and he's young.  McDermott keeps bringing him back so he seems to like him.

I know many on here believe Edmunds best spot is on the outside so maybe Dodson plays the Mike next year?

Marino firmly believes Milano is a goner....won't be able to afford him.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Joe Marino in his podcast about his our Linebackers actually brought up a good point.  Could Dodson be someone that could fill Milano's spot if/he when he leaves?  He thought Dodson looked decent in his limited time he had and he's young.  McDermott keeps bringing him back so he seems to like him.

I know many on here believe Edmunds best spot is on the outside so maybe Dodson plays the Mike next year?

Marino firmly believes Milano is a goner....won't be able to afford him.

I agree with Joe.  Milano is gone, the Bills simply dont have the money to pay him long term and he doesnt appear interested in taking less money in his first year.

I think Dodson is probably more of a replacement level player.  If you can get someone better in the draft you go for it.

• Agree 2

His take was dead on. How much do they lose by not signing Milano and playing Dodson? $13M worth of play? I don't think so. Plus with his injury history I don't see the BILLS paying that. I could see a $7-8M per year offer....no higher.

agree Milano is likley gone; I just hope its not to a div or conf rival

He has to be replaced, so I see AJ White getting the start, as he did when Milano was hurt...I see Dodson as backup and ST contributor. 

I also would like a second-day draft pick spent on the LB position for depth and emerging starter mid-season or next

Next season the focus becomes Edmunds because unlikely to sign both he or Milano doesnt mean we have to automatically resign Edmunds to megabucks

Plus will he switch positions and become an OLB - TE coverage needs improvement for sure

His missed tackles rate and PFF position rating were not very good for last season; not deserving of a big extension

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

agree Milano is likley gone; I just hope its not to a div or conf rival

He has to be replaced, so I see AJ White getting the start, as he did when Milano was hurt...I see Dodson as backup and ST contributor. 

I also would like a second-day draft pick spent on the LB position for depth and emerging starter mid-season or next

Next season the focus becomes Edmunds because unlikely to sign both he or Milano doesnt mean we have to automatically resign Edmunds to megabucks

Plus will he switch positions and become an OLB - TE coverage needs improvement for sure

His missed tackles rate and PFF position rating were not very good for last season; not deserving of a big extension

Is AJ White a better version of AJ Klein with mad coverage skills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Another of my UDFA loves that the Bills took on. Threads on Dodson and Ike on the front page. All those hours spent watching obscure draft prospects not wasted!!

Interesting that the Bills tried Dodson as the mike last year. I think he fits better outside. Whether they trust him enough to step straight into Milano's spot only time will tell.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mcdermott said:

Is AJ White a better version of AJ Klein with mad coverage skills?

thanks for correcting me -  is Klein better suited to play Mike and Edmunds on the outside...I dont see lateral movement-coverage-pursuit as a strengths for AJ at this point or in the near future esp compared to Edmunds

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

thanks for correcting me -  is Klein better suited to play Mike and Edmunds on the outside...I dont see lateral movement-coverage-pursuit as a strengths for AJ at this point or in the near future esp compared to Edmunds

I'd have said so before the season if that was the duo you had out there but the Bills clearly do not believe so. And it is not just that they see Edmunds as their MIKE and the playcaller of their defense. Because even when it was Klein and Dodson they started Dodson in his first career game as the MIKE with the headset. 

• Like (+1) 1

Edmunds is not going to switch to OLB. It isn't going to happen any time soon.

40 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Wish Dodson would have stayed healthy this year.  He is more athletic than Milano, which is what we need.

That's not actually the case, though. Dodson is inferior to Milano is just about every imaginable way, including athleticism.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Let's not forget DelShawn Phillips.  McD emphasized the need for more speed on the team, and if I recall correctly the kid is fast.  Should be a good coverage LB.

Um, they waived Phillips off of IR in mid-January.  https://nfltraderumors.co/bills-waive-lb-delshawn-phillips-from-injured-reserve/

So unless you think the Bills waive players they're interested, I think we can forget him as far as the Bills are concerned.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Edmunds is not going to switch to OLB. It isn't going to happen any time soon.

That's not actually the case, though. Dodson is inferior to Milano is just about every imaginable way, including athleticism.

They like Edmunds in middle due to his size and range he can go sideline to sideline but when they are facing a high end TE I think it would be better for someone else to have the headset and use Edmunds in coverage on TE.