Vincent Jackson found dead

TBBills Fan

15 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

I mean, i dont think that was intended to be an offensive component of this story it was just the guys already existing avatar which under different circumstances might not seem so terrible

Thank you, thats been my avatar this entire time.  didnt need I needed to change it for a thread.  Cancel culture strikes again I suppose!  Cancel me!

14 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Not so terrible? Come on man. We all know that cartoon pig suicides by hand gun are on the rise in this country and something needs to be done about it. 

Its HUGE problem in America right now, Cartoon pigs are virtually non existent

12 hours ago, UConn James said:

May have been marital issues if he was in a hotel for a month+. That can trigger a lot of stuff. 😟

exactly, mental illness is a REAL problem in this country....unlike Cartoon Pigs with guns....thank you for adding.  Something was VERY wrong and something very sad and horrible happened to him. I am curious as to what they find.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

For some reason, this hit me really hard. One of my best friends was found in a similar way, around the same age. He was one of the most underrated receivers and sounds like a really good guy. Check out the people you care about because you never know. Prayers to his family. 😢

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

This is crazy, I feel like he probably went on a crack binge if he was hold up in that hotel in that area.

He had a good career, help me on a few fantasy runs back in the day.

Such a classy post. Thanks for sharing it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

You post a thread like this with an avatar of Porky Pig holding a gun to his head?

WTF !?

In 2012, on the former BBMB, a hated poster named "Undertaker" (think Jerry Sulivan-like) from Oklahoma posted condolences for the drug death of Andy Reid's son, Garrett. From what I heard, one of the moderators ended up apologizing that a user by the name of Undertaker posted that. Undertaker then got angry, and I guess this eventually led to his ban from the site, IIRC.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For some reason, this hit me really hard. One of my best friends was found in a similar way, around the same age. He was one of the most underrated receivers and sounds like a really good guy. Check out the people you care about because you never know. Prayers to his family. 😢

Such a classy post. Thanks for sharing it. 

I feel like he walks the troll line very well with his use of words and cold overall response

And his name is way to close to mine.  Makes me feel dirty

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

In 2012, on the former BBMB, a hated poster named "Undertaker" (think Jerry Sulivan-like) from Oklahoma posted condolences for the drug death of Andy Reid's son, Garrett. From what I heard, one of the moderators ended up apologizing that a user by the name of Undertaker posted that. Undertaker then got angry, and I guess this eventually led to his ban from the site, IIRC.

I remember Undertaker. lol  there were more than a few that came to troll during that not so good almost 2 decades....

• Like (+1) 2

This topic went sideways fast.. If you guys don't like the avatar report it... stop crying.. I think the avatar is funny and he has had it since he started.. get over yourselves.... 

STAYING on topic.

This is very sad news... he was a good player and in general a good person to his community. How he died is only speculation till the info is released

rip

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Yeah. It’s where I’m from. Love San Diego!! I own a house on the beach in La Jolla. Great place to live. I’m Currently living in the Saychelles riding out this pandemic.  Hope to return as soon as the recall is complete and we start opening up.  Why do you care so much about 619, are you from the area?

Well if you’re from the 619, you ought to know who Vincent Jackson was for Pete sake.  Yes, I lived in San Diego for a while in the early 2000s.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Yeah. It’s where I’m from. Love San Diego!! I own a house on the beach in La Jolla. Great place to live. I’m Currently living in the Saychelles riding out this pandemic.  Hope to return as soon as the recall is complete and we start opening up.  Why do you care so much about 619, are you from the area?

Lol bc he was a star for the chargers for a long time in San diego... but I got the feeling that you knew that and are collecting bridge tolls

• Agree 1

On 2/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, TBBills Fan said:

I feel like he walks the troll line very well with his use of words and cold overall response

And his name is way to close to mine.  Makes me feel dirty

I remember Undertaker. lol  there were more than a few that came to troll during that not so good almost 2 decades....

Im about to change my avatar in solidarity lol.... everyone actively searching to find something that offends them will find it 100% of the time.

Anyhow RIP to a good dude, who absolutely savaged me in FFball several times.  Not going to speculate on what happened, but everyone goes through hard times, and it seems VJ did too.  Anybody having a hard time should reach out to someone. 

I found my peace after a suicide attempt with a train, and losing a limb... not only would i have missed out on a lot, but i wouldve robbed myself of the true peace ive found since then... and finding that came with getting a little help professionally, and from those close to me.  Its possible to live a life you never thought possible!!! I know because ive lived it, and its hard to read about someone else missing out.

Im a quirky football nut on a message board but if anyone can identify with this situation and needs help, please reach out and find it... and if youre not sure who to talk to MESSAGE ME, PLEASE!  

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Im about to change my avatar in solidarity lol.... everyone actively searching to find something that offends them will find it 100% of the time.

Anyhow RIP to a good dude, who absolutely savaged me in FFball several times.  Not going to speculate on what happened, but everyone goes through hard times, and it seems VJ did too.  Anybody having a hard time should reach out to someone. 

I found my peace after a suicide attempt with a train, and surviving permanently... not only would i have missed out on a lot, but i wouldve robbed myself of the true peace ive found since then... and finding that came with getting a little help professionally, and from those close to me.  Its possible to live a life you never thought possible!!! I know because ive lived it, and its hard to read about someone else missing out.

Im a quirky football nut on a message board but if anyone can identify with this situation and needs help, please reach out and find it... and if youre not sure who to talk to MESSAGE ME, PLEASE!  

Amazing post.  Thank you for the solidarity and more importantly thank you for sharing that!

We all have our battles, I have had mine.  To hear what you survived, what you have become and the life you have been blessed to live with others is inspiring.  I have battled with Depression on and off for a majority of my life, and 6 years ago I was at that point myself.  Thankfully a friend and some police officers stepped in, and after a few day hospital visit, I was able to admit my short comings and create a plan to do something to change that.  I have!!  Every day I try to learn, and every day there are new lessons that seem to need to be taught to me.  I am proud of the man I am, what I have achieved, the peace I have found and still search for when I wander, the people I have loved and helped and those that have helped me.  I know the hole, I was in it so far I couldnt see any light.  So is my avatar odd, sure, but it was meant to be funny and I appreciate you standing up for me in this society that misses the important things only to be outrages by stupid ***** that doesnt matter.  

Bills shredder, thank you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Amazing post.  Thank you for the solidarity and more importantly thank you for sharing that!

We all have our battles, I have had mine.  To hear what you survived, what you have become and the life you have been blessed to live with others is inspiring.  I have battled with Depression on and off for a majority of my life, and 6 years ago I was at that point myself.  Thankfully a friend and some police officers stepped in, and after a few day hospital visit, I was able to admit my short comings and create a plan to do something to change that.  I have!!  Every day I try to learn, and every day there are new lessons that seem to need to be taught to me.  I am proud of the man I am, what I have achieved, the peace I have found and still search for when I wander, the people I have loved and helped and those that have helped me.  I know the hole, I was in it so far I couldnt see any light.  So is my avatar odd, sure, but it was meant to be funny and I appreciate you standing up for me in this society that misses the important things only to be outrages by stupid ***** that doesnt matter.  

Bills shredder, thank you!

The more i talk about my sstory the more common i realize it is.  When people are down like that, theyre convinced nobody else in the world has been... and its just not true.  Knowing that those feelings are common with everyone brings a weird sense of relief, and some hope seeing that if you can hang on for a minute, let the brain settle down, that the situation usually isnt as dire as it feels!  glad youre here brother, and thanks for sharing!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Ex-NFL WR Vincent Jackson suffered from chronic alcoholism

https://triblive.com/sports/ex-nfl-wr-vincent-jackson-suffered-from-chronic-alcoholism/

Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Vincent Jackson suffered from chronic alcoholism and other health issues, according to autopsy reports, prior to being found dead in a Brandon hotel room, Hillsborough County sheriff Chad Chronister said Wednesday.

Jackson’s family also has concerns he may have suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a progressive and fatal disease associated with concussions.

I know.  Lime, I can tell you he like other substance abusers get pretty good at hiding their actions and lie, etc.  Whether he had CTE or not, I do know in Tampa, he was a really positive force to help the needy.  The news on that was not an exaggeration.  I’m just sorry he didn’t get to the point where he reached out for help.  For his sake I wish him peace and the family to get through their grief.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Not so terrible? Come on man. We all know that cartoon pig suicides by hand gun are on the rise in this country and something needs to be done about it. 

Oh sure, give the cartoon pigs their attention, but will anyone ever think of the cartoon CHILDREN!?!

For Pete's sake, there's one in my avatar with a ninja star through his eye...for at least a decade now! Has anyone helped? Hell no!

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Oh sure, give the cartoon pigs their attention, but will anyone ever think of the cartoon CHILDREN!?!

For Pete's sake, there's one in my avatar with a ninja star through his eye...for at least a decade now! Has anyone helped? Hell no!

I take it you've never heard of PETCA. People for the Ethical Treatment of Cartoon Animals. Don't mess with them. 

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

how dare you, now people think its ok to throw chinese stars at kids.  I just had to stop someone from doing it!