Jessica Pegula currently playing 4th round match at Australian Open!

2ForMacAdoo

51 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, Serena is back in another semi, pretty easily dispatching the #2 seed Halep.  Osaka as the #3 is in as well (they'll face each other).

Pegula vs. Brady at 9 tonight!

Osaka/Serena will be a hell of a match.

Pegula already has the victory over the 5 seed to give her confidence.  If she can play like she did in sets 1 and 3 in her last match, tonight should be a straight set victory.  Then bring on Barty!

Pegs with the early break in the first set, 2-1 serving.

Brady breaks Pegs to even the set, Pegs breaks back, serving for the set at 5-4.

Pegs takes the first set, 6-4.

Brady fights off three break points to hold serve 1-0 in the second set.

Pegs tightens up, Brady breaks, up 2-0.

Brady with a love game, up 3-0.  Pegs doesn't remotely look like the player from the first set.  She needs to get it back quickly.

Just like that, Pegs with her own love game, now trails 3-1.

The Pegs from the first set is back, breaks Brady to get to 3-2 and now serving to even the set.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Osaka/Serena will be a hell of a match.

Pegula already has the victory over the 5 seed to give her confidence.  If she can play like she did in sets 1 and 3 in her last match, tonight should be a straight set victory.  Then bring on Barty!

Was it Osaka beating Serena at the US Open to win her first ever major that was the most awkward tennis moment ever? Osaka had to stand up there and apologize for beating Serena. The crowd wanted Serena. I wanted to vomit. 

I saw Serena in person at the Miami Open (f/k/a Sony, Erickson, Lipton, etc Open). She was on a practice court cussing up a freakin storm with 5-7 year olds lined up 2 deep along the fence as she’s smashing racquets like toothpicks screaming at her male hitting partner while the father strolls around scowling at the crowd. Sailors might have blushed at what she was screaming.  The Serena who got caught on camera at the US Open telling the line judge she was going to shove the ball up her @@@ is the real Serena. That fake smile is not real. I know the greats like Jordan and Serena have an edge, just don’t be fooled by the public persona. 

Federer, on the other hand, seems like the kindest guy in the world when he’s with those young kids. Seeing that in person made him my all time favorite. Love the game, love the person even more. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Brady breaks Pegs to even the set, Pegs breaks back, serving for the set at 5-4.

Would be great if Pegula beats Brady (both are American but by golly I cant root for anyone named Brady 😀)

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

How are you watching? Streaming? It’s not on the ESPN cable stations that say they have it. Totally different programming. Typical lousy ESPN, as I see it. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

It's on ESPN for me.

Typical ESPN. That says Texas at Oklahoma basketball. Where it says Australian Open they have some Grateful Dead thing going on. Tennis Channel has something from Melbourne, which isn’t the AO. UGH! Make it easy and label it right!  Got it! 

Pegs falling apart here, just double-faulted to 0-40, and there it is, Brady gets the 2nd set 6-2, after breaking Pegs at love.  Not looking good for the local girl.  She owned Brady in the 1st set, Brady owned her in the 2nd.  Let's hope Pegs can get it back for the 3rd set.  If not, Brady 6-0 is right there.

Pegs comes right back and breaks Brady to start the 3rd set, 1-0.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Pegs falling apart here, just double-faulted to 0-40, and there it is, Brady gets the 2nd set 6-2, after breaking Pegs at love.  Not looking good for the local girl.  She owned Brady in the 1st set, Brady owned her in the 2nd.  Let's hope Pegs can get it back for the 3rd set.  If not, Brady 6-0 is right there.

I hear you but optimistically I wonder if Jess wanted to conserve energy for the third set. Pacing herself. Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I hear you but optimistically I wonder if Jess wanted to conserve energy for the third set. Pacing herself. Fingers crossed.

Sampras used to do that. Then pull out that laser accurate serve in the next set. A break here early in the third could be HUGE in momentum! 

Momentum and confidence is enormous in a tight match. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.