Karen wants an apology from Brady.

Draconator

11 hours ago, Draconator said:

https://www.radio.com/971theticket/sports/florida-woman-wants-tom-brady-to-apologize-over-trophy?utm_campaign=https%3A%2F%2F971theticket.radio.com%2F&utm_content=1613313360&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=WXYT-FM&fbclid=IwAR0bf__yPwnzSqvvVxa7l4IAg6-xtcewb8eeFbFZEpMqxNYQbeJ_aL9Lxcw

Lorraine Grohs, who is the daughter of Greg Grohs, the master silversmith at Tiffany and Company from 1967 to 1994, who crafted the very first Vince Lombardi trophy, spoke to Southwest Florida Fox4 about it and she's not happy.

"It just upset me that this trophy was disgraced and disrespected by being thrown as if it was a real football," she said.

In fact, she thinks Brady should apologize.

"I personally would like an apology, not just to me and my family and the other silversmiths but to the fans, all the football fans the other team players,” Grohs said.

The glory if that ***** had donked off Gronks balls and splashed into the water settling down to the bottom of the Atlantic...would've been the second time Gronk dented the Lombardi and the second team he accomplished this feat for...:wub:

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

I think the term "Karen" is the most racist/hypocritical term going today. It literally calls out a person for nothing more than something based on their race/sex.

But, yes this woman is silly, she should worry about other things.

Lol.  Maybe you should ask to speak to the manager.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Mine too, and she passed in ‘18. Total Buffalo sports gal, would have been nice to get a Lombardi or a Cup before then😥

Very fond memories of Sabres games at the Aud together when I was a little guy. 

Sorry for your loss. My mom is Karen also.....we spent a LOT of time in the orange seats (two sitting next to me right now). She would take us to games while my dad was out of town. $7 tickets are a no-brainer.

10 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I think the term "Karen" is the most racist/hypocritical term going today. It literally calls out a person for nothing more than something based on their race/sex.

But, yes this woman is silly, she should worry about other things.

i always thought it was more of an attitude issue than it was a race/sex issue.  

16 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“No article about fascinating Stanley Cup stories is complete without the tale of Kris Draper. This legendary center won the Stanley Cup four times during his career with the Detroit Red Wings. Obviously, he has countless stories to tell when it comes to hockey. But none of his stories will ever come close to what happened in 2008 when he decided to put his newborn daughter in the Cup. Now imagine the reaction from everyone as the baby went on to poop inside the Stanley Cup. That almost makes you feel bad for everyone who drank and will drink stuff out of the Cup for years still to come.”

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-15-nhl-players-who-disgraced-the-stanley-cup-trophy/

Funny read!

It's silver.  😉

45 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Sorry for your loss. My mom is Karen also.....we spent a LOT of time in the orange seats (two sitting next to me right now). She would take us to games while my dad was out of town. $7 tickets are a no-brainer.

Thanks man. Mom was a big part of growing up into Buffalo sports fanhood. My grandfather used to get some cherry seats thru his boss season tix, lower blues on the blue line, bench side & my favorite spot reds (sec 2, row J, 4-5-6!). Those were the best bc we were two rows directly  behind one of those corner scoreboards, so a very unobscured view. Great memories in that building.

I also have sets of 3 & 2 blue seats, 3 are in my living room :)

I "personally" want an apology?

As others have said, SHUT UP KAREN

Her dad USED to make the Lombardi......lmao

why does she "personally" need an apology exactly?  For what, the champs celebrating?  Oh she wanted her 15 minutes...she didnt design or make it, and Ill be t the blacksmith that did got PAID for the service....so shut up lady.  YOU are whats wrong with society. We need to lighten the ***** up.  

Im glad to see so many responses with thoughts similar to mine, it gives me a little hope

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i always thought it was more of an attitude issue than it was a race/sex issue.  

It's only applied to white females, sure they have derogatory terms for other races of females as well but Karen seems to be the only term you can use openly and not be labeled a biggot.

I'm not trying to make this a racism thread though, it's just an observation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

It's only applied to white females, sure they have derogatory terms for other races of females as well but Karen seems to be the only term you can use openly and not be labeled a biggot.

I'm not trying to make this a racism thread though, it's just an observation. 

i got ya.  i never realized how that word hits some people.  my wife was being snippy about something, and i told her to stop being such a karen.  let's just say that did not go over well.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Thanks man. Mom was a big part of growing up into Buffalo sports fanhood. My grandfather used to get some cherry seats thru his boss season tix, lower blues on the blue line, bench side & my favorite spot reds (sec 2, row J, 4-5-6!). Those were the best bc we were two rows directly  behind one of those corner scoreboards, so a very unobscured view. Great memories in that building.

I also have sets of 3 & 2 blue seats, 3 are in my living room :)

Dang yo.......you have BLUE seats? The rarest of the rare. Wood seats, under the overhang, remember the B/W TV's that showed the scoreboard because you couldn't see it!?

My last Aud experiences were blue seat season tickets my dad got, for the first 3 Bandits seasons. The '93 championship game was incredibly amazing. The upper deck was literally bouncing up and down in front of us. 

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I want an apology from her after taking to time to look up her picture and forcing me to not be able to unsee what she looked like.

Pretty sure the trophy hit her in the mug.

Edited by Seasons1992

19 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Dang yo.......you have BLUE seats? The rarest of the rare. Wood seats, under the overhang, remember the B/W TV's that showed the scoreboard because you couldn't see it!?

Yeah I remember that building like the back of my hand.  In fact, I took several unauthorized “field trips” inside back in 2007. I have a ton if pics, I could make a thread in OTW and post some. It was crazy, like they literally just locked the doors in 1996 and just left everything intact. 

The blues were from an official sale in ‘09, they ripped them out before they started tearing the building down. My wife & I showed up at 5:30 am the day of the sale and were 9th & 10th in line, so we snagged two sets (one per customer). You could have paid extra to have them autographed by the French Connection and I kinda kick myself for not doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yeah I remember that building like the back of my hand.  In fact, I took several unauthorized “field trips” inside back in 2007. I have a ton if pics, I could make a thread in OTW and post some. It was crazy, like they literally just locked the doors in 1996 and just left everything intact. 

The blues were from an official sale in ‘09, they ripped them out before they started tearing the building down. My wife & I showed up at 5:30 am the day of the sale and were 9th & 10th in line, so we snagged two sets (one per customer). You could have paid extra to have them autographed by the French Connection and I kinda kick myself for not doing it.

Yeah.  Rick Martin is dead now.  

59 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yeah I remember that building like the back of my hand.  In fact, I took several unauthorized “field trips” inside back in 2007. I have a ton if pics, I could make a thread in OTW and post some.

Do this, please.

I remember it exactly the same as you did. Circuses, my first concerts, Sabres, Bandits, Canisius games, Globetrotters, Disney on Ice.

I always wanted one of the sound-deadening cylinders on the ceiling.