Karen wants an apology from Brady.

Draconator

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Look like the trophy is OK ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIEWjYg-Lf/

No apology needed and doesn't every member of the team get a replica of the Lombardi ?  Good thing her father didn't craft the Stanley Cup. 

The Stanley Cup is a different Story. The SC was built on disrespect!  It was originally disrespected and used as a "peanut bowl" for many years.   That's the tradition.  The original Ottawa Silver Seven (Senators) got drunk after winning it... And tossed in the Rideau Canal...Upon waking up the next morning, they realized their disrespectful actions and went to look for it.  Good thing the canal freezes over in Ottawa during winter because it was right there in the lock chamber of a flight lock in Ottawa... On the ice!

NOW you know..."Tales from the Canals"

Special Shout-out to my BFFs:

@BringBackFergy

@Gugny

@Beerball

@Seasons1992

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/sports/hockey/how-the-stanley-cup-wound-up-in-a-canal-or-didnt.html

04stanleycup-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=w

"The Ottawa Silver Seven, forerunners of the Senators, with the Stanley Cup in 1905, around the time that one of them is said to have kicked the trophy across, or into, Ottawa’s Rideau Canal.Credit...Bruce Bennett Studios, via Getty Images"

25 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

So he basically designed it years ago, but didn't actually make this exact trophy.  Get over it lady, people are pathetic these days.

Tom Brady needs to stop co-opting other's traditions.  What a cheat...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

similar story with the Stanley Cup...kids eating cereal out of the cup, kids being washed in the cup, Tom Barasso said it spent one nite sleeping at the bottom of his swimming pool, Martin Brodeur had a street hockey tournament in his driveway for the kids and when the winning team won they paraded the cup around the hood with little ones and dogs and cats sitting in the cup...this all makes me smile and laugh...a Karen moment indeed...so lets have a moment of silence for her whilst we mumble eff ewe under our collective breathes...

4 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

similar story with the Stanley Cup...kids eating cereal out of the cup, kids being washed in the cup, Tom Barasso said it spent one nite sleeping at the bottom of his swimming pool, Martin Brodeur had a street hockey tournament in his driveway for the kids and when the winning team won they paraded the cup around the hood with little ones and dogs and cats sitting in the cup...this all makes me smile and laugh...a Karen moment indeed...so lets have a moment of silence for her whilst we mumble eff ewe under our collective breathes...

You've heard of the keeper of the cup? It was the 1994 New York Rangers that brought that to reality. 

Think of the cup at strip clubs at 4am, and a blacksmith having to be called at 7am. (One of the attendants of the Cup at the HHOF told me all about it). 

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1

Although my favorite Cup story was the 1977 Canadiens. Guy LaFleur took the cup home the night the Canadiens won. He had a flat tire, so he took the Cup out of the trunk, and changed the flat. He gets home and his wife says, "Where the Cup"?  He races back to where he changed the tire, and the Cup was sitting right there where he put it. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Well, it would make a fancy Urinal...

“No article about fascinating Stanley Cup stories is complete without the tale of Kris Draper. This legendary center won the Stanley Cup four times during his career with the Detroit Red Wings. Obviously, he has countless stories to tell when it comes to hockey. But none of his stories will ever come close to what happened in 2008 when he decided to put his newborn daughter in the Cup. Now imagine the reaction from everyone as the baby went on to poop inside the Stanley Cup. That almost makes you feel bad for everyone who drank and will drink stuff out of the Cup for years still to come.”

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-15-nhl-players-who-disgraced-the-stanley-cup-trophy/

Funny read!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

https://www.radio.com/971theticket/sports/florida-woman-wants-tom-brady-to-apologize-over-trophy?utm_campaign=https%3A%2F%2F971theticket.radio.com%2F&utm_content=1613313360&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=WXYT-FM&fbclid=IwAR0bf__yPwnzSqvvVxa7l4IAg6-xtcewb8eeFbFZEpMqxNYQbeJ_aL9Lxcw

Lorraine Grohs, who is the daughter of Greg Grohs, the master silversmith at Tiffany and Company from 1967 to 1994, who crafted the very first Vince Lombardi trophy, spoke to Southwest Florida Fox4 about it and she's not happy.

"It just upset me that this trophy was disgraced and disrespected by being thrown as if it was a real football," she said.

In fact, she thinks Brady should apologize.

"I personally would like an apology, not just to me and my family and the other silversmiths but to the fans, all the football fans the other team players,” Grohs said.

there was at least a 60% chance it would be caught...  no worries 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yep! My mothers name is Karen.

Say sorry to my Mama!

Mine too, and she passed in ‘18. Total Buffalo sports gal, would have been nice to get a Lombardi or a Cup before then😥

Very fond memories of Sabres games at the Aud together when I was a little guy. 

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Mine too, and she passed in ‘18. Total Buffalo sports gal, would have been nice to get a Lombardi or a Cup before then😥

Very fond memories of Sabres games at the Aud together when I was a little guy. 

Sorry for your loss, bro. So hard, especially when it’s the mama.

• Like (+1) 1